SASS Wire Forum

A fine man and a great cowboy has passed

Guest talon macleod 29883

:) Bronco Rider alas: J.E. Treadwell a member of the Mulecamp Cowboys and Doc. Hollidays Immortals has passed.

Bronc was one of the finest men I have ever known .A member of the team that put on Shootout at mulecamp and recipient of that organizations highest award for volunteer work.I know he was a member of the allied forces that liberated Europe in WWII. I believe he was a Ranger. He was a kind ,caring man who was a good friend. Please send forth prayers to his family.Info will follow. Talon Macleod #29883

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Bronco Rider, AKA: Gene Treadwell, and I were very close friends. Without a doubt there was no harder working cowboy than Bronco, and I can say to anyone that I am a better man for having known him. He will be missed by all his friends and fellow cowboys at Mule Camp Cowboys and Doc Holliday's Immortals. Bronco had not been strong enough to shoot at matches for almost a year, but all he talked about was getting better so he could go back to shooting with us.

At the DHI Christmas Match we had Bronco's 83rd birthday party. I can truely say that I had never known a man as kind and helpful as Bronco, and I will miss him terribly.

Well said John,At the last Shootout at Mulecamp Bronc worked me under the table. I for one will never forget. Tal

:blush: Bronco Rider alas: J.E. Treadwell a member of the Mulecamp Cowboys and Doc. Hollidays Immortals has passed.

Bronc was one of the finest men I have ever known .A member of the team that put on Shootout at mulecamp and recipient of that organizations highest award for volunteer work.I know he was a member of the allied forces that liberated Europe in WWII. I believe he was a Ranger. He was a kind ,caring man who was a good friend. Please send forth prayers to his family.Info will follow. Talon Macleod #29883

Two great WWII vets this week. Sad news to hear.

I will say an extra prayer for his family and friends.

:blush: Bronco Rider was one of my favorite cowboys. Always worked twise as hard as all the young guys and always did it with a smile. I feel very privledged to have spent an hour with him in his last few days.

McKenzie

Every so often....you meet someone..and it doesn't take long to see...that God had made him so special...that you are ashamed of yourself at first...for not being more...but then it inspires you that you could be so much more....and so...... just as iron sharpens iron.....one man sharpens another.... I have to believe that no one who ever knew Bronco came away from it without a keener edge... UT

All of us here in the Georgia cowboy action shooting family will miss Bronco Rider. I echo everything that's been said from other pards. Bronco told me once that we (cowboy shooters) were the best friends he had because he had outlived all his others.

He toted steel EVERY set-up and tear-down for Doc Holliday's Immortals and for Mule Camp Cowboys. Like Talon said, he'd work most of us under the table.

He was awarded his Regulator badge in 2009 by Doc Holliday's Immortals and it was well earned and deserved.

Adios Bronco and Happy Trails pard.

'Nooga Kid

One of the finest people I ever met!

Never spoke a harsh word but his words carried sage wisdom.

Sad to lose such a cornerstone of this lifetime, but I am sure he has been received with open arms into eternity. Hoppy, Gene and Roy now have a new member on their posse.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

On bended knee for a fine cowboy may the Trail Boss in the sky take him into his arms and may he rest in peace

ENG :)

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

Prayers up for his family.

He was a hard working, straight shooting cowboy that made you proud to be one.

Joe

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

My prayers go up for him and his family; another of the Greatest Generation has passed on. God Bless him

Hoss

;):lol::unsure::wacko::blink:

We'll be saying a prayer for him tonight.

I've never had the honor of meeting him, but he sounds like a fine veteran and great man.

MG

Just returned from the memorial service. A fine fella who had served his Savior, his family, his country and his friends well. I'm glad that we were able to know him and be there.

I had recently planned to take my boys to see Bronco Rider at his home. They haven't yet learned the greatness of this generation of Americans who are passing on into Eternity. I regret that I never "made time" to go and see him and hopefully lift his spirits. My challenge to you is to take the time and make the time to visit those that cross your mind or are not able to participate because of age or health.

:) The man placed great store on the relationships he made during the short time he was with us.At the Memorial service today there were Four full pews of shooters dressed out.The Minister it appeared to me to be having great trouble processing the sight. I was proud to have known him and call him friend.

Talon Macleod #29883 ,LV Co.A,Mcc,DHI :P

I as others will miss Bronco very much.I want all to know that everything said here I echo.However I would like to share how I will remember this man.His dedication to our sport has been noted but his sincerety and Genuineness always came thru in his smile and handshake.He was always a constant at club functions and cheerful even after working all day.All I can say is thanks for the blessing of knowing this man and having his friendship.He really did make me a better person....Hawk

Archived