SASS Wire Forum

Leather bullet loading strips

JOHNACM

I'll expand on the original post a bit. I'm looking for an ammo wallet that would hold 12 rounds of .45 Colt that I could carry in a front pocket, but all I've seen a pretty large pouches to carry rifle ammo. Help anyone?

BSD

I'll expand on the original post a bit. I'm looking for an ammo wallet that would hold 12 rounds of .45 Colt that I could carry in a front pocket, but all I've seen a pretty large pouches to carry rifle ammo. Help anyone?

BSD

BSD I find these http://www.cowboy45special.com/loading_blocks.html pretty handy and hold twenty rounds and fit in the back pocket of my jeans. Adios Sgt. Jake

If you have checked out the difference and have reasons for choosing the leather over wood then please disregard the rest. Though I have made many of the leather loading strips in the past I now consider the wood versions to be, by far, superior at the loading bench. Most all are designed such that when you snap them open and set them down the ammo is pushed up for an easy organized removal with no tugging against the bullets. Though I have never had either style wooden block come open prematurely I do thin the smaller square ones with two snaps sounds more secure while the long thinner blocks are frequently offered with cosmetic upgrades. One last feature I like about the small square version, attached to a fitted belt pouch the combination works great for carrying empties back to the cart also and my ammo block pouch has a snap that allows it to hang on the cart while not needed. The leather loading strips should be available from almost any custom leather crafter and you may have one locally. You can probably find someone at CAS City, on the leather forum, who would be tickled to make you one. http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php

BSD

MTM makes one that will hold 12 rounds of .44 magnum, as well as a 6 round wallet. Both made of the same plastic as their cartridge boxes.

Ammo Wallet

Midway has them in stock...MTM Ammo Wallet

I believe they might work for .45 Colt. I have an 18 round wallet for .357/38 that I've had for 15 or 20 years. It ain't comfortable to sit with it in either the front or back pocket, and it ain't fast to access, but it's handy. I mostly use it to carry a few extra rounds if I'm carrying a revolver in the car.

Duke, if you would prefer leather I'm sure one of the guys I mentioned earlier could do this easily styled with a wallet appearance. With this said, for field use as well as most non SASS use I actually prefer the modern materials over leather frequently. Seems I spend a lot of time either in boats or falling out of them and its hard to beat plastics and nylon for these situations!

Seems I spend a lot of time either in boats or falling out of them and its hard to beat plastics and nylon for these situations!

:ph34r:

Archived