SASS Wire Forum

Sorry Pards..No SASS on TOP SHOT 2

O.D. Refire, SASS#21066

Season 2 for TOP SHOT just got annouced and I am sorry to say that I didn't make the show.

I appreciate everyones best wishes when I went out to LA and there is still some talk about me going back to LA for season 3.

It was an "interesting" experience to say the least!

Here is the link for the show....One cowboy mounted shooter but nobody with SASS....boo!

Top Shot 2 Contestants

If anyone would like to meet the contestants at the SHOT SHOW this next week. Please let me know because I have organized a meet and greet with both seasons on Wed. nite

Adios for now...

Hold your head high Pard, there's always next season. I am disappointed to see that the Female Officer from last season that left to take care of her dying father isn't back. I felt like she deserved a second shot (no pun intended) at it. :ph34r:

BSD

Yeah..I don't think that they put me on because they knew I couldn't keep a straight face!!

A lot of those guys know how to put on a good time...Hermosa Beach Bars will never forget the group I brought out there :ph34r:

Until some of the real top shots start to show up, and I doubt that will ever happen it’s just a soap opera with a little shooting thrown in.

Let me know when Jerry Miculek, Doug Koenig, Jesse Abbate, Randi Rogers, Rob Leatham or any of a dozen other real top shots are there without the soap opera histrionics and I will be interested. Until then I'll pass

HTH

Until some of the real top shots start to show up, and I doubt that will ever happen it’s just a soap opera with a little shooting thrown in.

Let me know when Jerry Miculek, Doug Koenig, Jesse Abbate, Randi Rogers, Rob Leatham or any of a dozen other real top shots are there without the soap opera histrionics and I will be interested. Until then I'll pass

HTH

:ph34r: Let's see, how can I slam a SASS pard??

:ph34r: Let's see, how can I slam a SASS pard??

Try this...."Anything that shows the shooting sports is a positive light is a good thing." And maybe throw in a "Chill out". :ph34r:

My apologies to O.D. Refire

I wasn’t trying to slam anything but the show. It’s nothing but scripted garbage and I don’t think all the soap opera bull crap does anything positive for the shooting sports

HTH

Dont' forget. To be on the show.

You are going to have to give up atleast 30 days.

Not very many of us can do that.

And them big names someone throw out????

Sure don't have that kind of time to be on a TV show.

So I would not look for any of the real big names to be on anytime.

Except as maybe that weeks expert.

I am glad they brought it back.

Any kind of shooting show we can get on the air the better.

I will support it.

I wasn’t trying to slam anything but the show. It’s nothing but scripted garbage and I don’t think all the soap opera bull crap does anything positive for the shooting sports

HTH

No Offense taken, Pard !

I hear your argument a lot for people who would like to see just the shooting/competition with out the reality show part of it.

My point is that it bridges the gap of people who would be "middle of the fence" on gun issues. It shows that not all "gun" owners are radical, camo-wearing, cigar chomping, single minded people whose life is just about the 2nd Amendment.

I can only give you some personal examples of what has happened to me during my audition process. Mainly through my try-out video on Youtube. Which friends, co-workers and people on this forum and AR15.com got linked to.

1. 3 of my co-workers that have never fired or handled a gun ask me and I take them to shoot. They have a great time and all three apply and recieve their FOID (firearms owners ID) from the state.

2. Neighbor kid (12) is a BIG fan of the show and is inspired to make his own "try-out" video for school. Teacher loves it and he gets an A. Where else can you find a school that will look at guns in a positive light.

3. Cast from season 1 have told me of numerous events where they have been recognized by people saying that the entire FAMILY watches the show together. I couldn't stand watching 1 episode of "Next TOP Model" let alone a whole season.

So like someone said...anything that can portray shooting in a positive light, is good.

HTH

BTW..A lot of these people you mentioned have applied or tried out for the show. They either didn't make it or declined due to the time requirement

They look for a mix of Pro's and everyday Joe's (read Joe's BIO its great!)

HTH

BTW..A lot of these people you mentioned have applied or tried out for the show. They either didn't make it or declined due to the time requirement

Get most of these shooters together, and they could tape the whole season in about a day and a half! The producers would have to use slo-mo so that mortal people could see what happened. :)

Another Mounted shooter?? Really? Oh Brother.

Hopefully this one can hit the broad side of a barn with a SA! :)

BSD

They look for a mix of Pro's and everyday Joe's (read Joe's BIO its great!)

Hey OD. Too bad they didn't make the contestants cook some game...you'd have been in the finals for sure!

BTW, Jesse Abbate has her own TV show this season.

Hey O. D.

If you aren't going to be busy with that dang TV show; come on up to Fire In The Hills this year. I promise we won't call you "O.D. Rimfire" this time! :rolleyes:

We still would be honored by your presence.

HTH

but it must git GREAT ratings

or it would not be on the tube (oooops---------flat thing)

MILEAG thing again

I like it

they shoot

they throw things

I (dvr) fast forward the house scenes

works fer me

Just got back from the SHOT SHOW and was able to spend some time with the cast from season 1 and 2 of my buddies that are on season 2.

I brought up this topic of how some of these shooting forums have had discussions of taking the drama out of the show to some of the Season 1 cast members. I believe that Ian (the winner) put it to me in the best way.

He said:

"I asked the producers the same question and he asked me how many people are on these forums. I replied "anywhere from about 10K to 40K". Of those people, how many follow the TOP SHOT thread? I said about 2-4K. Of those people, how many hate the drama? Ian replied "about a 1/3" so roughly about 1500 people..The producer replied..."well we get over 1.1 million viewers per episode..tell those 1500 people to read a book"

We then had a beer together...

Just got back from the SHOT SHOW and was able to spend some time with the cast from season 1 and 2 of my buddies that are on season 2.

I brought up this topic of how some of these shooting forums have had discussions of taking the drama out of the show to some of the Season 1 cast members. I believe that Ian (the winner) put it to me in the best way.

He said:

"I asked the producers the same question and he asked me how many people are on these forums. I replied "anywhere from about 10K to 40K". Of those people, how many follow the TOP SHOT thread? I said about 2-4K. Of those people, how many hate the drama? Ian replied "about a 1/3" so roughly about 1500 people..The producer replied..."well we get over 1.1 million viewers per episode..tell those 1500 people to read a book"

We then had a beer together...

I guess I'll read a good book then. It beats watching bad TV anyday

HTH

Saw an 87 and 97 shotgun in the preview.......

My wife and I will watch it again as well.

It seems like producers try to put on a show featuring guns and shooters and all the shooting fraternity can do is try to pick it apart :angry: Reality shows have succeded with the broad spectrum public because the producers have found a winning formula. If you don't like the personal interaction parts go get a beer during that part or fast forward your Tevo.

BTW, in case some didn't notice, one of this season's contestants is Brian Zins who , if you are an NRA member, you should recognize as the only 10 time national pistol champion who holds 30 world records. He is a retired Marine and at least equal to the other top shooters named.

Buck

Archived