SASS Wire Forum

laptop problem

Trigger Mike

my 16 month old climbed onto the table and sat on the lap top keyboard, now when you press a key to type it makes a ping noise but does not type. I tried using the control keys as well as the others in cae he had sat on the F6 and nothing is working. I was able to log in by accessing the on screen keyboard. Does anyone have a way to revive it without buying a new one?

Perhaps a key or two are stuck??

well I thought that too but every key looks flat across and even but I took a butter knife and lifted up the keys a little and no result, as I was typing this on another computer I heard him giggling and went to see and there he was again. he is not giggling now though. it is used for school so we need to get it up and running.

well I thought that too but every key looks flat across and even but I took a butter knife and lifted up the keys a little and no result, as I was typing this on another computer I heard him giggling and went to see and there he was again. he is not giggling now though. it is used for school so we need to get it up and running.

Not great news, but worst case you can get a replacement keyboard off of ebay. They are pretty easy to replace. To make sure it is just a keyboard hook up an usb keyboard, and make sure it works.

Quick and easy is, go to Walmart and get a remote wireless keyboard Under $30.00 amd has a sender that plugs into a USSB port qnd gives you a full sized keyboard to work with. I keep one for most of my laptops here when I use them at home for the better typing on them.

Greeenriver

thanks all. I did not know you could replace the keyboard on a laptop. I think my wife would be better off with the wireless keyboard anyway. either way the good news is it is working this morning. I asked my wife , "didn't you reboot it?" then found out she had not after everything else I had tried. In the mean time I showed her how to access the on screen keyboard in case that happens again. I will work on the plan B as since children are hard headed at every age, this will possibly happen again.

• 3 years later...
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 31, 2014 - spam
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, October 31, 2014 - spam

GM..........

The laptop problem is a normally problem....but we can away from this by the new more function keyboard. this launch by feyeshoppy in india. every features are available in this wireless keyboard.Wireless Bluetooth keyboard is a sleek, slim keyboard compatible with IOS, Windows and Android too. It is very portable less than 0.25 inch.

...............................................................................................

wireless keyboard

Real easy to replace a keyboard. I have replaced a few. They are not exspensive either. Just go to ebay and look for one for your model laptop. I usually only pay about $10 for a new one on ebay.

If you have a desktop keybboard that will plug into the laptop use that to make sure everything else works first though.

The keyboard that is actually "on" the laptop is not always easy to replace; however, getting an external keyboard is a snap. I use a wireless one (typing on it right this moment). Also have a wireless mouse.

Sounds like the hard reboot fixed the problem.

Kids... gotta love 'em. The good news is they grow up, but that is also a double edged sword. My boy is almost 20 and is away at college. I miss him and it is the highlight of my day when he calls or sends a text or email.

Believe it or not, you will laugh about this episode some day and even harder to believe, you'll look back at this and miss these days.

computers can be fixed or replaced, time with your 16 month old son cannot.

Guitar Slinger

Good Grief!!!! This original post was from almost 4 years ago. I'm reading along , getting some education on laptops , and get to post #5 , and see "Greeenriver" , who passed over the Great Divide years ago. Then I looks at the date line. How does a thread this old get resurrected?

Rex

A spammer posted a link to a consumer electronics company based in India. Reported it and the moderators deleted the offending post Was post number 7.

So until we quit answering it is is like a lot like a dead horse that will not go away.

Archived