SASS Wire Forum

Rumblings in the Desert

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lobo: Checked the Saloon out while shooting ACSA today. It's gorgeous!!! Love the piano and the chandeliers, too. I have an old dented-up spittoon you can have if you want it. Never seen a stage quite like it. Congratulations to you and all the other Rough Riders who are making these great things happen! Whooper

Yesterday at ACSA shoot, the big white tent for WR was about complete. Roof done, sides being installed while we shot. The new saloon looked beautiful. Will be interesting to see how much extra boom you get shooting with that high celing. Can't wait for the fun to begin.

Winter Range has no permanent facility so each year it must be built anew from the ground up. Ben Avery shooting range is huge, but it is a multi-use facility and the dozens of ranges are reserved months in advance. The planning for Winter Range goes on year round. . . .

As the match nears the rumbling in the desert intensifies as new props are built and old ones refurbished. The local herd of wild burrows came over for a look.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/p...r1/IMG_0531.jpg

Even the tarantulas are coming out to see what the ruckus is about.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee241/p...r1/IMG_0551.jpg

What can you expect this year? Stay tuned.

Well, it is great that you could get such hard working volunteers!!! :D:D

Those burros can be very hard working!

And do you know that spiders can lift many times their own weight!!!

Lobo: Checked the Saloon out while shooting ACSA today. It's gorgeous!!! Love the piano and the chandeliers, too. I have an old dented-up spittoon you can have if you want it. Never seen a stage quite like it. Congratulations to you and all the other Rough Riders who are making these great things happen! Whooper

:rolleyes: yea Whooper it will look great in the there. Drop it off this week if you want.

Lobo Joe

Thanks to Larsen for posting all of this progress, and all of the volunteers who helped make this happen. Sliveraido Sid and I installed the brass opera lights on the front entrance yesterday complete with flickering bulbs that look like flames. Raining here in AZ today but weather looks good for the main match.

Yee Haw, Winter Range is here!

TB

Archived