SASS Wire Forum

WTB replcia 1860 Henry Rifle .44 Special

I am looking for an 1860 Henry replica chambered in .44 Special. I am NOT interested in a Henry Repeating Arms rifle, Big Boy or otherwise. Uberti used to offer a Henry in .44 Special, but now offers only .45LC and .44-40. I know, I know, I should buy and shoot a .44-40. For a variety of reasons, that is not what I want to do. Anyone happen to have an 1860 Henry in .44 Special that they want to sell? Thanks

Howdy Long Juan:

You might want to inquire with a creative gunsmith to see if they would chamber sleeve a .44-40 for you. I had Happy Trails (Retired, unfortunately now) do this to mine. He bored out the chamber, put in a sleeve and reamed it for .44 Spl., just like my Open Tops. Later I had the carrier modified so it will handle .44 Russian, Colt and Spl. - even interchangably! But I stick to the little .44 Rooskies myself.

Dusty

BTT one last time and then I will either have to give up or try Dusty Morningstar's suggestion. Wondering if anyone knows of a gunsmith who might be willing and qualified to undertake such a project?

That's Morningwood! ;)

Archived