SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range Plans

Tuco Taveras SASS#79313

Howdy Pards:Planning on goin' down to the Winter Range next month..........Never been there ,don't know what to expect....What's the campin like at the range???????any cost??????Is there RV camp grounds close by????etc. We just got a 5ft wheel camper and this is our first trip....We are green as the grass on this one....Never been to Ariz.....We won't get there till wednesday....will it be filled up by then ??/....sounds like alot of shooters will be there.....maybe some Arizona shooters can give us an idea of what to do or see down there???much abliged for the help .....Tuco.

Check out the WR web site. Check out the Ben Avery web site. Ben Avery has two RV/camping parks, one on each end. Ben Avery has sites with hookups and others that do not. The bad news is that most of these have been reserved for a year, but I will bet some sites without hookups might still be available. You will have to call Ben Avery directly to get a reserved site. Many of the Ben Avery sites are driving distance to the sooot, over a mile away. If you want an off site campground, Pioneer RV park is only a mile away, but it might be full also.

Go to our website and there is a list of campgrounds. If you want to stay at Ben Avery you better call right away. It's usually filled by now, but they make have had a cancellation.

http://www.winterrange.com/lodging.html

Go to our website and there is a list of campgrounds. If you want to stay at Ben Avery you better call right away. It's usually filled by now, but they make have had a cancellation.

http://www.winterrange.com/lodging.html

Many Thanks Larsen....You've been a great help to us all ..I 've heard that you've done an outstanding job down there making WR the shoot to go to....I'm looking forward to this trip as our Big Adventure for the year.....Hope ta see some Pards from the new mexico shoots also ..Tuco.

Archived