SASS Wire Forum

I have to say this I LOVE TEXAS!

I've live in a lot of states, drove thru a lot of states. Live all my life in Illinois, live in KY, CO, CA. This is a beautiful country with lots of good people.

Here's the thing, whenever I drive and visit in Texas, I feel like home. I'm down here now visiting my son and we've done a little hog hunting while he can get off base. I've visited areas of Dallas, San Antonio, Wichita Falls, stopped in a bunch of small towns, drove thru west Texas and i've fallen in love.

Can't see me living in Illinois much longer. (please no political darts, we all know how that plays)

Somebody know how to relieve this stress?

:angry:

Yeah, but I heard a rumor that all the folks that live in Texas are Texans. Can this be true? :FlagAm:

Some of them just claim to be, but we like to humor them anyway. One of my best friends is a stereotypical Texan. He doesn't like to mention the fact that he was born in Rhode Island. His wife gave him the common bumper sticker that says, "I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could". I of course covered it up with,"Anyone can be an American, but you have to be born a Texan".

Well of course ya do :FlagAm:

Guess it goes without saying LOL! I ran into a nice little western shop that's been here in Wichita Falls for ages. The kind blonde lady there spoke with the nicest Texas accent I'd ever heard. She said she was born in Prague Czechoslovakia but she is a true Texan at heart.

Besides, saying I'm an Illinoian doesn't have the same "ring" to it as saying Texan.

Now its time to talk to the wife now that she's retired. (Not that I never talked to her before mind you....)

Guess it goes without saying LOL! I ran into a nice little western shop that's been here in Wichita Falls for ages. The kind blonde lady there spoke with the nicest Texas accent I'd ever heard. She said she was born in Prague Czechoslovakia but she is a true Texan at heart.

Besides, saying I'm an Illinoian doesn't have the same "ring" to it as saying Texan.

Now its time to talk to the wife now that she's retired. (Not that I never talked to her before mind you....)

Probably already had family here. There are LOTS of Czechs in Texas that have been there for many generations. If their last name ends with a K you can about bet on czech lineage.

Hey Rev.

Spend all the time here you want! We have plenty of space, low cost of living, (usually) nice weather, and won't hold it against ya that ya wasn't born here.

Heck my own daughter was born in Tennessee! (but we "fixed" that 3 months later!)

"Stay all night, stay a little longer"

SOso

Yeah, but I heard a rumor that all the folks that live in Texas are Texans. Can this be true? :FlagAm:

'Texans' has a nice twang to it...proud to have had that honor at one time in my life.

G (a Californian, a Texan, an Illinoisan, and now - a Michigander...all under the grand umbrella ~ American!) G ~ :blink:

PS: Your home is were ya hang your hat, and if'n you pay taxes in a state, you are welcomed to that state's populous title ^_^

Texas is different than any other place in the world.

I was born and raised in Southern California but my Daddy was all Texan.

Being raised by a Texan and a Southern Lady (mom was born in Alabama)

.....guess that made me a Valley Girl, hanging out at the mall and the beach

.....but really half Texan and half Southern Lady at heart

My whole family has got out of California and moved to Texas.

Oh there was that 9 months that I lived in Waynesboro, PA. I felt very out of place there.

That's where I discovered that snow is real pretty IN PICTURES but I don't want to drive in it.

...Agreed, pard. Oklahoma and Texas have some fine folks who make you feel right at home.

Missouri is pretty much that way too!

I grew up in MO., then lived in CA for 6 years and everyone there thought I was from Texas, Just seemed fitting to move here.

Can't see me living in Illinois much longer. (please no political darts, we all know how that plays)

;)

I know how...It's called Mayflower Van Lines :rolleyes:

Not to be too political, but if I didn't have a job to go bact to, I wouldn't live in Illinois either.

Hope it works out for ya.

Charlie

Hardly, remember the one you said you bought, that I did, is bigger than the one you "acquired".

Dang! :rolleyes:

I had the pleasure of meeting some of the finest folks on earth when I was living in Texas..

But I have to say I like New Mexico even better! ;)

And Texas is still just next door.. :rolleyes:

My sister lives in Tx and one lives in AZ and yeah a few other states too.. lol.. I have several. But the one in TX loves it.. I visited and it was very nice.. but I think AZ is my favorite ... I love CA.. don't get me wrong.. but AZ has a lot of the freedoms that I love. So, since I like the people here, my choice is to change CA so it has better gun laws here.. lol.. It might take a lifetime.. lol

My sister lives in Tx and one lives in AZ and yeah a few other states too.. lol.. I have several. But the one in TX loves it.. I visited and it was very nice.. but I think AZ is my favorite ... I love CA.. don't get me wrong.. but AZ has a lot of the freedoms that I love. So, since I like the people here, my choice is to change CA so it has better gun laws here.. lol.. It might take a lifetime.. lol

Deja, it most likey will !! ;)

I have lived all over dis world and I must say, I just love all dem Southwestern States !!!

Guess it must be da cowboy in me ! :rolleyes:

Good luck with changing the gun laws in California. Bless your heart! Texas and Oklahoma are the only places I have ever lived and I would not live anywhere else. We are conservative folks and we like our freedoms.

Deja, it most likey will !! ;)

I have lived all over dis world and I must say, I just love all dem Southwestern States !!!

Guess it must be da cowboy in me ! :rolleyes:

The first day I arrived in AZ, I was really pretty young.. but I felt like I belonged there.. and that feeling has never left me. AZ is my home state no doubt about it.. But CA has friends now, so I can not leave my friends at all!!! Period.. Makes it really hard.. My old boss might be transfering with our bank to AZ.. it is so tempting to follow her cuz I loved her to death.. but My dad is here, and my friends are here.. I am pretty much a CA kid now... when I left AZ the first time it was for CA for my husband... You know you follow your heart.. And then to SC, and GA and then MO.. I am alone now.. and my heart is my own.. except, friends and my Dad are here.. so yeah.. I love the people here and the state.. CA is something else. it really is.... But the people here make it that way. In the end, I might go back home to AZ... not sure yet.. it all depends upon where my heart is.. I never leave my heart.. most don't. And for now my heart is getting stuck in CA...

I've lived in San Antonio for a couple of periods of time, courtesy of the U.S. Army. I always thoroughly enjoyed Texas and the people there, if not always the military experience! If I were to leave Ohio, I would strongly consider relocating to Texas. I think if I could get a small house and a lot of land in the Hill Country, I would be quite happy.

The one thing I always say to people about Texas is that to understand Texans, you need to understand that each and every one of them remember that they were once an independent republic.

I've lived in San Antonio for a couple of periods of time, courtesy of the U.S. Army. I always thoroughly enjoyed Texas and the people there, if not always the military experience! If I were to leave Ohio, I would strongly consider relocating to Texas. I think if I could get a small house and a lot of land in the Hill Country, I would be quite happy.

The one thing I always say to people about Texas is that to understand Texans, you need to understand that each and every one of them remember that they were once an independent republic.

That's right!!!! That and we are the only state that can fly our flag at the same height as the Stars and Bars!!!!

I am so glad I was born in TEXAS!!!!! Oh and Doc, I have a lot of family in the hill country. If you move there you'll probably meet them.

Yep. Texas ain't just a state; it's a state of mind.

:D

I know how...It's called Mayflower Van Lines :blush:

Not to be too political, but if I didn't have a job to go bact to, I wouldn't live in Illinois either.

Hope it works out for ya.

Charlie

Hey Charlie, with all my grandkids soon to be over in Germany, I may be moving over there!

Born in California, lived in California since 11th grade, but most of the in-between time raised in Texas.

But... Here in California, ya don't have to buy a "deer lease" to go hunting. More than enough public access land.

:rolleyes:

Hello the camp! Wish I could remember the name of the E. panhandle town I would stop in on the way back to AZ from IL. It was the first place you could get a Coors--and know you were on the way home.

That said, main thing about TX is it's easy to find: east til you smell it, then south til you step in it. :rolleyes:<_< mm

Archived