SASS Wire Forum

Pot Roast is on the menu..

Deja Vous

I am making one tonight. So far I have my wine, and spices and the beef of course.. Onions. Garlic, and peppers.. Tomorrow will bring on the taters and carrots and celery.. hmmm I can not find my bay leaves.. darn it.. What else am I missing? I normaly make this with just a broth, but I might do gravey this time.. not my favorite thought.. I LOVe broth.. so much nicer.. what do you think.. am I short on stuff?

Yer short just one thing.....A MAN ta help ya eat it with. Invite someone over to dinner.

Save a bite for the Rat Dog.

Big Jake

Lol.. well I was going to share it.. but my idea was with Rat of course, and to give some to a good friend.. lol Which is what I will do once it is done so he can have an extra diner come night. He works for the State Police and his schedule is pretty hard.. so being his pal, I hope to share ti with him. I will drop some off on Monday or Sunday.. lol.. While I have found "Mr right now, Mr Right forever" has eluded me.. so friends will have to work.. lol

Now you have done it.. lol.. Spaghetti is on too.. I just laid out the beef.. and tomorrow might I mill make the meat and sauce.. and just do noodles as I need the.. Geesh.. Oh.. meatloaf muffins.. I might do those too.. yum... Its meatloaf made in a muffin pan so you can set out smaller servings.. But I love Stuffed green peppers with rice so oh, now what will I do? lol..

I am making one tonight. So far I have my wine, and spices and the beef of course.. Onions. Garlic, and peppers.. Tomorrow will bring on the taters and carrots and celery.. hmmm I can not find my bay leaves.. darn it.. What else am I missing? I normaly make this with just a broth, but I might do gravey this time.. not my favorite thought.. I LOVe broth.. so much nicer.. what do you think.. am I short on stuff?

Brown and serve rolls...

Texas Lizard

sounds like you maybe hungry. get a salad and think about it for awhile

lolll yeah, well I cook a lot, freeze a lot more.. and share.. lol.. But I do take my lunch, I do not like to eat out much.. lol.. Funny .. guy..

Opps.. man I need to head out for a minute to... so yeah please post the ideas.. I love them.. GN.. I will not be back tonight to chat.. sorry.. Deja

Deja, this won't help ya any now, but when you do get your own place consider putting in an herb garden! Fresh herbs are SO much better than the dehydrated stuff from the spice aisle... :blink:

And here's one most people don't think of with herb gardens: a small laurel tree. FRESH bay leaves are WAY better than dried...! :FlagAm:

I like using herbs so fresh they're still squealing when ya drops 'em in the pot! ^_^

Basil, lots of it and maybe some rosemary.

Deja, this won't help ya any now, but when you do get your own place consider putting in an herb garden! Fresh herbs are SO much better than the dehydrated stuff from the spice aisle... :blink:

And here's one most people don't think of with herb gardens: a small laurel tree. FRESH bay leaves are WAY better than dried...! :FlagAm:

I like using herbs so fresh they're still squealing when ya drops 'em in the pot! ^_^

I have done that in the past and I do love it.. Use to have a veggie garden too and did canning ... but right now I don't have a ton of space. But I do love the fresh herbs... you are so right!

Try some dark brown sugar, fresh ginger,more garlic, add garlic and some tyme...not too much now.

Deja darlin', wished it was you Darlin' Our local bank Lady, 29 single Mom just devorced from a kinky husband.....

Won the Mega lottery half of 350+ she gets 90 mil after takes, she resighned from her job and getting out of that hell hole of a town

Wished it were you tho.LOL

MS

Da Law

...just got in from feedin' the cows, breakin' the ice on the ponds, and fixin' a little bit of fence...

...sounds like a great lunch, pot roast and fixin's being my personal favorite, be over in an hour or so....

NO MEAT SHOULD BE COOKED IN ANYTHING cept cast iron...............................fish, chicken beaf pork elk, etc.............................................................................

I stand corrected the friend does not work for the state I think it is city.. but still pot roast is good.. and we reload together too. So, we are best friends plus...

:FlagAm:

I stand corrected the friend does not work for the state I think it is city.. but still pot roast is good.. and we reload together too. So, we are best friends plus...

;):huh::huh:

Basil, lots of it and maybe some rosemary.

No Irish Whiskey?

Try some dark brown sugar, fresh ginger,more garlic, add garlic and some tyme...not too much now.

Deja darlin', wished it was you Darlin' Our local bank Lady, 29 single Mom just devorced from a kinky husband.....

Won the Mega lottery half of 350+ she gets 90 mil after takes, she resighned from her job and getting out of that hell hole of a town

Wished it were you tho.LOL

MS

Da Law

Thanks Cousin.. I wish it were you... lol... But I am sure she needs it really bad with children at home, so I am happy for her..

Some Turtle Soup... and make it snappy!

lol... yeah.. I had some at Black Angus in AZ many years ago. My brotherbet me money if I would eat a bowl of turtle soup.. the stuff they bought out looked like a cow pie.. lol.. I have no idea what it was suppose to look like, I thought how bad could it be? Well, bad enough that I lost the bet.. lol

:FlagAm:

;):huh::huh:

lol.. and Yeah it is you... thanks for jerking my chain earlier.. I was wondering what I heck I had posted in error now.. lol Some times my fingers get ahead of my brain. So, anything you want in there special.. I have wine, meat, garlic, onions, peppers, carrots, celery, taters... and my spices and stuff... you have 24 hours to make up your mind.. lol..

Thanks Cousin.. I wish it were you... lol... But I am sure she needs it really bad with children at home, so I am happy for her..

OOOps, she didn't get a divorce Deja, she has to split it with the dirt ball whoo is in jail for DUI related like 90 days in jail. This guy is UGLY.

Spliting 190 mil. :rolleyes:

Now back to some good food in a cast iron what ever Red Logan said. I like dutch oven cast iron for a lot of things and fried chicken and Buffalo and again...Red and I are in agreement here. ;)

Chef Slickee

Toss in some juniper berries or a few jiggers of gin. And a few whole allspice. Towards the end of the cooking add a few (as in under 10) drops of Tabasco. Won't add any heat, but the spice and vinegar will brighten the flavors.

Yup, I like taters.......

Tons and tons of taters !!

Just can't git nough taters in der fer me !!

More taters, I say, MORE TATERS !!!

Toss in some juniper berries or a few jiggers of gin. And a few whole allspice. Towards the end of the cooking add a few (as in under 10) drops of Tabasco. Won't add any heat, but the spice and vinegar will brighten the flavors.

Now yer tawkin SJ and a shot of gin on the side fer a chaser maybe? Baskey fer sure.

Now yer tawkin SJ and a shot of gin on the side fer a chaser maybe? Baskey fer sure.

On the side, two jiggers of gin over ice in a tall glass, add some Schwepps Bitter Lemon if you can find it, if not, just use tonic water, a few drops of bitters and a splash of Roses Lime. Garnish with a lime twist. Good for fighting off the malaria, don't you know.

On the side, two jiggers of gin over ice in a tall glass, add some Schwepps Bitter Lemon if you can find it, if not, just use tonic water, a few drops of bitters and a splash of Roses Lime. Garnish with a lime twist. Good for fighting off the malaria, don't you know.

On my tab Sir, set em up Barkeep :rolleyes:

Oh dat dutch oven part sounds good ! ;)

Just don't cook it in whiskey dat yur not willin' to drink !!! :rolleyes:

Turtle soup ?? Dang, dats mitey tastey !! :lol:

Oh dat dutch oven part sounds good ! :lol:

Just don't cook it in whiskey dat yur not willin' to drink !!! :rolleyes:

Turtle soup ?? Dang, dats mitey tastey !! :lol:

As a kid in Casper Wyo. where I lived there was a cafe that served turtle and rattle snake soup."Darn Good Eatin" ;)

As a kid in Casper Wyo. where I lived there was a cafe that served turtle and rattle snake soup."Darn Good Eatin" :rolleyes:

You bet it is, MS ;)

Archived