SASS Wire Forum

Too Much!

Timber Rattler

I've always slicked up my own Ruger pistols and have done fairly well at it. I recently got my first Colt clones Uberti and thought I'd give it a try! Turned out great, best trigger I ever felt! Now I got to order some new springs, I think 8oz is just a little to much of a good thing. Wish it was this SMOOTH but not hardly that light.

Rattle Rattle Rattle!

Light Angel's Uberti's are so light on the trigger I made her promise that she woud never, ever, shoot them anywhere but SASS where there are well established safety precautions. My Rugers haven't started to move when her's have already gone off.

I also do my own Rugers. But I don't go from scratch. I use well established "kits" from Brownells specifically made for the job at hand like their Marshall's spring kit for Ruger single actions. In that way I don't go too far and make things too light. Smithy.

I have an 8 oz trigger on a Savage 17hmr precision rifle. I love it for that purpose (benchrest), but it is really almost too light for even that. Every once in a while, I'll break a shot before I meant to. I wouldn't feel safe having this light a trigger on anything other than a benchrest gun. In my opinion, an 8 oz trigger is way too light for an action shooting sport.

Hmm.. my cimarron lightnings are around 8 or 9 ozs. They started out around 11 or 12. I just shoot them too much :FlagAm:

They work very well for me but I admit they are bordering on too light. I get nervous handing them over to people who want to try shooting the small guns before buying one. Probably go overboard on the warnings.

La Gata Loca

Archived