SASS Wire Forum

Info on Georgia State Match

Witch Doctor, SASS # 70062

I want to give the web link for information for the Round Up at River Bend next summer. This match is the Georgia State Championship shoot and the River Bend Rough Riders want to see cowboys from near and far come and shoot with us. Our shoot will be May 5-8. The range is located about 40 miles north of Atlanta. We have one of the premier shooting facilities in the Southeast at River Bend Gun Club. The Rough Riders are lucky enough to have 11 perfect berms, lined up side by side, on a paved gun cart path. This beautiful part of the gun club was built specifically to shoot cowboy action. We have a heated club house and flush toilets. The gun club just finished building us a large pavilion adjacent to the club house so we can eat and party in a covered area. The banquet will be held at an indoor banquet hall so the ladies can wear all of their finery in complete comfort. We had a great time last week at Last Stand handing out information. For those of you who did not get the personal invitation - consider it done now...Ya'll please come.......... Witch Doctor.......... http://rbgc.org/Cowboy/cowboy.htm

I want to give the web link for information for the Round Up at River Bend next summer. This match is the Georgia State Championship shoot and the River Bend Rough Riders want to see cowboys from near and far come and shoot with us. Our shoot will be May 5-8. The range is located about 40 miles north of Atlanta. We have one of the premier shooting facilities in the Southeast at River Bend Gun Club. The Rough Riders are lucky enough to have 11 perfect berms, lined up side by side, on a paved gun cart path. This beautiful part of the gun club was built specifically to shoot cowboy action. We have a heated club house and flush toilets. The gun club just finished building us a large pavilion adjacent to the club house so we can eat and party in a covered area. The banquet will be held at an indoor banquet hall so the ladies can wear all of their finery in complete comfort. We had a great time last week at Last Stand handing out information. For those of you who did not get the personal invitation - consider it done now...Ya'll please come.......... Witch Doctor.......... http://rbgc.org/Cowboy/cowboy.htm

Thanks got it printed off, Lord will I'll be there.

RRR

Guest Bama Kid 9699

Witch Dr. What is going to be the Match Hotel. I am going to be there. Bama Kid

Witch Dr. What is going to be the Match Hotel. I am going to be there. Bama Kid

One is the Comfort Inn in Cumming. I just got the following email from our TG, Blarney Shooter "The telephone # they have on their official stationary and what they gave is wrong. Col. Dan just got through making reservations and told me about the problem. Good grief.

Their # is 770-889-4141."

We are getting a list together of 2 or 3 that have reserved some rooms for out shoot. One in Dawsonville and two in Cumming. It is little problems like this one that we will have to find out about before we can work them out. If you have any difficulties let me know right away - OK. I'm delighted that you're coming. We also have several Tennesee shooters that have responded. So we should have a pretty good representation from the SE. Witch Doctor

Thanks got it printed off, Lord will I'll be there.

RRR

Welcome ... Wait - Fast Eddie told me to tell you - specifically - that we were already full :-) Guess I'll just have to tell him that you slipped in under the wire (five months early) and I didn't catch it....we're looking forward to seeing you again Ray - even if you do scare Eddie. Witch Doctor

MOTHERS DAY! :FlagAm:

Great! We''re just a few miles from one of the biggest outlet malls in the state. Bring mom along....Witch Doctor

Welcome ... Wait - Fast Eddie told me to tell you - specifically - that we were already full :-) Guess I'll just have to tell him that you slipped in under the wire (five months early) and I didn't catch it....we're looking forward to seeing you again Ray - even if you do scare Eddie. Witch Doctor

I have gotten a couple of emails about this post. Sorry to confuse you. The Georgia State Match is not full. I was just giving Ray a hard time. Oh Ray, I forgot to tell you that we will NOT be having a cheeks and chaps competition, so don't get your hopes all up on that account. WD

Howdy Witch Doctor! Myself and my pard Briscoe Callaghan both from Canada have already sent in our applications so your gonna have an International event. Looking forward to meeting y'all and enjoying some southern hospitality! We are bringing the ladies along too so will send them over to the mall after we confiscate their credit cards!!! :)

Colt

For another choice, we've usually found it better to stay in Canton. It is essentially the same distance and maybe a few minutes faster from there than from Cumming area. There is a fairly new Best Western and a Holiday Inn Express (so's we can be experts.. :blush:)

For those coming from the SW or from the Northwest. Tis a bit easier trip than that durn 400 and Highway 19 since they are so congested and have stop lights.

As Marauder said there is at least 4 or 5 newer hotels at Canton. Riverstone Parkway exit #20 on I-575. There is also a

lot of restaurants there. Longhorn, Red Lobster and of course Waffle House.

Make sure you sign up!!!! TARGETS WILL BE BIG and CLOSE!!!!!!! Just for RRR!!! My Hero!!!!

Witch Doctor

Good seeing you at The Last Stand. I will be living in Roswell by then and sure look forward to this shoot. You have a terrific facility and I know what kind of match you put on. Sent you a PM about my willingness to help.

Cassalong Hopidy

For another choice, we've usually found it better to stay in Canton. It is essentially the same distance and maybe a few minutes faster from there than from Cumming area. There is a fairly new Best Western and a Holiday Inn Express (so's we can be experts.. :FlagAm:)

For those coming from the SW or from the Northwest. Tis a bit easier trip than that durn 400 and Highway 19 since they are so congested and have stop lights.

I agree with my Pard Marauder on this, I've stayed at the the Days Inn in Canton of 575 a few times and it's only 15 minutes to the range.

• 2 months later...

As Marauder said there is at least 4 or 5 newer hotels at Canton. Riverstone Parkway exit #20 on I-575. There is also a

lot of restaurants there. Longhorn, Red Lobster and of course Waffle House.

Make sure you sign up!!!! TARGETS WILL BE BIG and CLOSE!!!!!!! Just for RRR!!! My Hero!!!!

Archived