SASS Wire Forum

No more chicken for me!

GunClick Rick

It is always comforting when I see something like this (highlights added by me)

"The team believes that the genetic modification they have introduced is harmless to the chickens and to people who might eat the birds."

When somebody starts messing around with stuff like this, I would hope they would be looking for more of a proof than a belief. Just because you believe winged monkeys live in your basement doesn't make it true, but a video of them would probably be a big hit on youtube.

It is always comforting when I see something like this (highlights added by me)

"The team believes that the genetic modification they have introduced is harmless to the chickens and to people who might eat the birds."

When somebody starts messing around with stuff like this, I would hope they would be looking for more of a proof than a belief. Just because you believe winged monkeys live in your basement doesn't make it true, but a video of them would probably be a big hit on youtube.

:lol: :lol: :lol: By Jove, I believe you are correct, Barney.

That said, I DO believe that I have winged monkeys living in my basement. I just have not been able to film them to put the video on You Tube.

To avoid genetically modified foods, whether by conventional or transgenic techniques, you'd have to just starve to death. There are ways around it but unless you grow your own and use heirloom varieties or breeds forget it. Just a few examples: Does it bother me to eat corn that has Bt incorporated into its genome....nope. I'd rather have insect free ears than damaged which almost always increases the chance of aflatoxin or other pathogens. I'd much rather have roundup ready soybeans that can decrease the amount of atrazine running off into watersheds.

In a nutshell, almost everything you eat has been genetically modified. It began in earnest back in the 50-s and 60-s when seed from every crop/variety you can think of was bombarded with gamma irradiation then introduced into conventional breeding programs. Why? To induce genetic anomalies (mutations) not present in nature and artificially produce gerplasm of potential benefit to man and animals. Efforts from these large scale efforts contributed to and continue to promote the green revolution. We couldn't feed the world without it.

How to feed an exploding population is a problem researchers have been working on for a long long time now, and it's only going to get worse as we continue to expand.

There's really nothing we can do about it. Growing your own is the closest you can get to the food our grandparents ate, but as Yellowhouse Sam said, even that is not the same.

Lived on a farm with my mom and dad when I was younger. We had one old hen that would lay a double yolk egg every now and then. Dern good eatin' I always thought. :lol: I'm an over easy fan myself and them doubles and duck eggs were GREAT!!! B):lol:

If you trust some of the most recent science a chicken ain't nothin' but an evolved dinosaur anyhow! :lol:

What don't kill ya' just makes ya' stronger!! :D

We get all our eggs from a local farmer who has free-range chickens. They produce nice big brown eggs that are some kinda tasty.

:lol: :lol: :lol: By Jove, I believe you are correct, Barney.

That said, I DO believe that I have winged monkeys living in my basement. I just have not been able to film them to put the video on You Tube.

Well partner - thanks to the modern technology available to us at the airplane company - and

the inspired touches of Alan Funt himself I think we can say that we have the images for you:

and as well:

Ride safe Pard -

SC

What I fail to understand is why I have to cook my hamburger to the point of well done?? Growing up in the country Dad buthered animals to eat. We chopped the head off chickens and burned them, picked off the pin feathers, and cut them up. A few years he would hang and butcher a steer too.. and not once did he manage to hit the poop gland and give us all ecoli.. Geesh.. They want us to COOK everyone so well cuz the meat industry is rushing the product now days.. Some times I want to go back out in the middle of now where, and do my own thing... but then I realize I am toooo spoiled.. They said the hormoes in milk would not hurt us either and we have little girls that are women now days. Geesh I was still a child until I was almost 16... not sure what it is all about.. but I think right now it is hormoes in our foods.. course I have been wrong before.. once.. lol okay maybe twice.. lol

What I fail to understand is why I have to cook my hamburger to the point of well done?? Growing up in the country Dad buthered animals to eat. We chopped the head off chickens and burned them, picked off the pin feathers, and cut them up. A few years he would hang and butcher a steer too.. and not once did he manage to hit the poop gland and give us all ecoli.. Geesh.. They want us to COOK everyone so well cuz the meat industry is rushing the product now days.. Some times I want to go back out in the middle of now where, and do my own thing... but then I realize I am toooo spoiled.. They said the hormoes in milk would not hurt us either and we have little girls that are women now days. Geesh I was still a child until I was almost 16... not sure what it is all about.. but I think right now it is hormoes in our foods.. course I have been wrong before.. once.. lol okay maybe twice.. lol

Deja, I'd love to take ya back in time, back when I rode fer da "Four Sixes" brand. Life and meat fer dat matter, was so much simpler den and beeter fer ya. :)

But I wood really like is to go back to da 1800's and try to live life to it's fulliest. But I cant cuz I dont have dat Time Machine thingy and I'm a Type One dieabetic. Cant live wif out my insulin and dey didnt have it back den. :angry:

Deja, I'd love to take ya back in time, back when I rode fer da "Four Sixes" brand. Life and meat fer dat matter, was so much simpler den and beeter fer ya. :)

But I wood really like is to go back to da 1800's and try to live life to it's fulliest. But I cant cuz I dont have dat Time Machine thingy and I'm a Type One dieabetic. Cant live wif out my insulin and dey didnt have it back den. :angry:

Apaches you rode for the 4 6's??? Cool... yeah, I know we have a weakness, diabetes, huh? I do not test out for it at all because I have been so careful. My body fat is very low, in fact last night my friend at the Gym and her guy pal told me I am too thin.. I need about 10 lbs.. But it worries me, cuz right now I can eat sweets and my blood pressure drops.. really odd.. Then it spikes really high.. I seem to have a sugar, blood pressure odessy going on.. lol.. But lean muscle might work, but not 10 lbs.. maybe 5 would be okay.. It is our tribal problem we do not process sugar well at all. I avoid white breads and cookies and stuff... and it has helped.. I do not have diabetes.. but I am pretty thin,.,. the muscle growth that they are pushing on me I hope does not change that.. right now my legs are like jello.. lol... My grandmother my uncles insulin.. only the very thin ones in the family have escaped it, and only because we are the healthy eaters.. But you know I use to give Grandmother shots and we would talk and I would be in a fantasy world trapped between two worlds sometims.. It was so fun back then... I was maybe 9 or 10 when I learned to give her a shot in the leg... now days I can still do that, but man if I see a needle in my skin I pass out.. lol... Apahces.. someday you will be reborn as a brave, don't forget the Milky Way... enough said..

Apaches you rode for the 4 6's??? Cool... yeah, I know we have a weakness, diabetes, huh? I do not test out for it at all because I have been so careful. My body fat is very low, in fact last night my friend at the Gym and her guy pal told me I am too thin.. I need about 10 lbs.. But it worries me, cuz right now I can eat sweets and my blood pressure drops.. really odd.. Then it spikes really high.. I seem to have a sugar, blood pressure odessy going on.. lol.. But lean muscle might work, but not 10 lbs.. maybe 5 would be okay.. It is our tribal problem we do not process sugar well at all. I avoid white breads and cookies and stuff... and it has helped.. I do not have diabetes.. but I am pretty thin,.,. the muscle growth that they are pushing on me I hope does not change that.. right now my legs are like jello.. lol... My grandmother my uncles insulin.. only the very thin ones in the family have escaped it, and only because we are the healthy eaters.. But you know I use to give Grandmother shots and we would talk and I would be in a fantasy world trapped between two worlds sometims.. It was so fun back then... I was maybe 9 or 10 when I learned to give her a shot in the leg... now days I can still do that, but man if I see a needle in my skin I pass out.. lol... Apahces.. someday you will be reborn as a brave, don't forget the Milky Way... enough said..

Think you need to stop worryin' and git tested. All Natives can git dis EVEN bein' thin. I was 131# when I got it. Like you, I did not process sugar well ! Da Sawbones put me in da ICU and my blood sugar was 701!! And I was thin too !! :angry:

Get yaself tested !

Well partner - thanks to the modern technology available to us at the airplane company - and

the inspired touches of Alan Funt himself I think we can say that we have the images for you:

and as well:

Ride safe Pard -

SC

dad can I have a monkey?? lol

Think you need to stop worryin' and git tested. All Natives can git dis EVEN bein' thin. I was 131# when I got it. Like you, I did not process sugar well ! Da Sawbones put me in da ICU and my blood sugar was 701!! And I was thin too !! :angry:

Get yaself tested !

Been tested and I am fine.. but it has been a while.. lol.. I hate needle, pass out.. lol.. I use a natualist and so far it has worked. The stuff the doctors did in the past kinda messed me up, with being a bit more crazy silly due to their ideas of drugs taht might work on us.. lol. So, with that in mind, I have gone off the deep end.. lol.. But I do watch my blood pressure and sugar ... as much as I can..

Can we get the goverment to start a study of gun control people . . tag then so that they can be tracked . ? . . did i say that ? . . . :angry: Maybe track Oboma supporters while they ur at it . . .

And it was the genetic corn that killed the honey bees.. :FlagAm:

http://proliberty.com/observer/20090408.htm

Uh Rick, they are pointing fingers at pesticides...........not GM corn. And the jury is still out on that one. "Scientists believe that the decline in bees is linked to an onslaught of pesticides, mites, parasites and viruses, as well as a loss of habitat and food." Dwell on that. There isn't any crops grown within 50 miles of me as its all pretty much ranchland. A dozen years ago there were wild honeybees galore....now there are none to speak of.

Don't believe everything some of these so-called scientific think pots throw out nor should you believe everything chemical companies say. But believe me those companies don't just put materials on the market on a whim. It costs multi-millions to put products on the shelf and all go through rigid testing by the company, EPA, and the scientific community. Sometimes some side effects slip through the cracks but its not often.

A few years ago, Bt corn was fingered for the demise of butterfly species by groups of people with agendas. It cost another zillion dollars of research to totally debunk that hypothesis. No matter, it just made the price of corn seed and corn itself higher.

Most of these "scientific sky is falling" groups are much akin in their approaches as the antigun crowd. Hysteria breeds money for their own pockets or something close to that.

OH yea~~~What about Pogrizzlys???? :FlagAm: Don''t tag,spray paint,chip,put a radio collar on me bro!!!!!

http://www2.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF18/1803.html

dad can I have a monkey?? lol

As one old cajun wood say..........

Ohhhh Lordy.......Git da nasty thing out of here ! ;)

Dat thing looks too much like folks round here ! :rolleyes:

Archived