SASS Wire Forum

What makes you proud to be an American.

I don't care what your politics are, America is a unique and Great Country.

Each and every one of us is important and part of a Great Nation. :unsure:

OK, I will get off my soap box. Here is a link that will make you feel good about

your self and your fellow Americans. Even if you don't play golf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoY2gyyIYL4

Thanks for the link to the links....!

Each and every one of us is important and part of a Great Nation. :lol:

No argument from me ~ this is a unique and great country! We make our mistakes, but thanks to the Bill of Rights and the voting booth, we have the means to correct them.

Buena suerte, amigos

eGG

Even though I wasn't born here. My parents came here in 1953 from Yougal county cork Ireland. at that time I was a child. This country has been fantastic. I served in Viet Nam for the only country I have ever Known and am proud to say I had a Daughter and Son serve this country in Iraq. This is one PROUD American who who would gladly give there self for the Gratest Country and The Political Freedom I so cherish

Each and every one of us is important and part of a Great Nation. :lol:

OK, I will get off my soap box. Here is a link that will make you feel good about

your self and your fellow Americans. Even if you don't play golf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoY2gyyIYL4

Dis puter thingy will not let me git to youtube !!! :lol:

What makes me so proud to be an American is easy.. all you other Americans...

Oh, so many things !!!

I am Native American..

I am retired Army...

And I am VERY PIDEFULL OF DA USA !!! :lol:

Unless someone has lived on the otherside, many take, "being an American" for granted. Being born and partially raised in Communist East Germany, were many times you were stopped for identity checks, knocks on doors and homes entered to check for illegal listening, books, or etc. not approved. Not being able to go to church, since it was banned. Seeing your father beat up by police because he was a little late for curfew because he had to walk miles to work. Sometimes having a rabbit dad caught, was the only meat for weeks. Escaping wasn't easy, it meant giving up everything, family, friends, and the home my parents had. Never to see again. My father and mother never saw their parents again.

I remember our first night in America, the farm family that sponsored us took us to our new home. As the lights were turned on, I rushed to pull the shades down. My father told me, "we no longer have to do that son, this is America". I guess I knew what Freedom meant from that night on.

My father as soon as the required 5 years passed, applied for citizenship, then when I became of age, I applied. Being sworn in and receiving my citizenship papers were the proudest day of my life. I studied hard for the exam, received a perfect score, was handed an American flag, along with my papers.

America may have a few limps and struggles, but somehow it shines above them all, no were else is Freedom so free, were others struggle, or know not what it means.

I'm proud to have been given the chance, and accepted as an American. :angry: MT

Great story Marshal Troop! It is easy to forget how good that we have it here in this country, especially when everytime you turn on the radio or TV you hear people complaining about the gov't. These same complaints would get these people arrested or worse in MANY countries around the world. Unfortunately, this country is turning into a bunch of complainers who feel that they are entitled to more. If they had the perspective of your youth, I believe these same people would feel very lucky to live where they do.

Oh yeah, to answer the question- eating at Hooters makes me a proud American. :FlagAm:

Moon pies!

===================================

Fried pies and RC Cola!

The fact that I can wear my tall boots and cowboy hat anywhere I damn well please...........

The fact that my kids can do the same............

The fact that I can be proud of my Dad and alot of you for your service to this country. :FlagAm:;):huh:

Ice cream, apple pie, Baseball (especially watchin' my boys play little league) front porch sittin' and pickin', waitin' fer the fireworks down on the levee on the 4th of July with my little girl sittin' on my knee with red white and blue bows in her hair.

The fact that I can celebrate Christmas, and if you don't want to you don't have to. I, however, will.

The list goes on and on...........

But to hear stories of hardship and scarifice like Marshal Troop posted.......... That's America.

:huh:

God Bless,

~EE Taft~

===================================

Fried pies and RC Cola!

Damn rat. Now yur talkin !! :FlagAm:

The fact that I can wear my tall boots and cowboy hat anywhere I damn well please...........

The fact that my kids can do the same............

The fact that I can be proud of my Dad and alot of you for your service to this country. :rolleyes:;):lol:

Ice cream, apple pie, Baseball (especially watchin' my boys play little league) front porch sittin' and pickin', waitin' fer the fireworks down on the levee on the 4th of July with my little girl sittin' on my knee with red white and blue bows in her hair.

The fact that I can celebrate Christmas, and if you don't want to you don't have to. I, however, will.

The list goes on and on...........

But to hear stories of hardship and scarifice like Marshal Troop posted.......... That's America.

:lol:

God Bless,

~EE Taft~

Thanks for those werds Bro. EET, they mean a lot to me coming from you.

Here,s to my Uncle John, U.S,S. Arizona 1941 may they all rest in peace.Her's to my classmates who died in Nam, I miss them.

MS

Proud Native American Vet

Thanks for those werds Bro. EET, they mean a lot to me coming from you.

Here,s to my Uncle John, U.S,S. Arizona 1941 may they all rest in peace.Her's to my classmates who died in Nam, I miss them.

MS

Proud Native American Vet

Here... Here, MS.

I'll raise my glass in honor of'em and remember my freinds who did not come home. :rolleyes:

I raise my glass and wipe a tear of American pride from my eye in honor of all those lost, and the ones that made it home.

And heres to the ones that continue to fight for freedom yet today.

Apple pie (the kind ya slice............... ;) ...........or the kind ya drink) and Tennessee whiskey all around!

As long as we can still fight to keep our freedoms, it's all good.

:rolleyes:

~EE Taft~

Marshal Troop. we're damn proud to have ya.

we have men and women that go and fight for their country even when the pepole in power hate them that makes us real

special

gabby

Gabbys.. the simple way you say stuff says it all .. thanks so much for being you.. hugs Deja.

Unless someone has lived on the otherside, many take, "being an American" for granted. Being born and partially raised in Communist East Germany, were many times you were stopped for identity checks, knocks on doors and homes entered to check for illegal listening, books, or etc. not approved. Not being able to go to church, since it was banned. Seeing your father beat up by police because he was a little late for curfew because he had to walk miles to work. Sometimes having a rabbit dad caught, was the only meat for weeks. Escaping wasn't easy, it meant giving up everything, family, friends, and the home my parents had. Never to see again. My father and mother never saw their parents again.

I remember our first night in America, the farm family that sponsored us took us to our new home. As the lights were turned on, I rushed to pull the shades down. My father told me, "we no longer have to do that son, this is America". I guess I knew what Freedom meant from that night on.

My father as soon as the required 5 years passed, applied for citizenship, then when I became of age, I applied. Being sworn in and receiving my citizenship papers were the proudest day of my life. I studied hard for the exam, received a perfect score, was handed an American flag, along with my papers.

America may have a few limps and struggles, but somehow it shines above them all, no were else is Freedom so free, were others struggle, or know not what it means.

I'm proud to have been given the chance, and accepted as an American. :ph34r: MT

Years ago I worked as a credit manager for Alco Standard.. A guy at worked there when the factory went out on strike told me that is "communism:.. I loved that guy cuz he taught me a lot about a country, Germany, that I knew a little about, but I did not understand it realy being an American.. I was so young, and he was about 60.

So, yeah.. I am so glad you are here to share this with us.. America is a great counry.. I bless my life every day to be lucky enough to have been born here. I have a lot of people ask me, since I am part indian, if I do not dislike the white man.. Well, uh.. no... If not for them, and what they invent and create.. we would not have won wars.. and I know that.. and I am so humbled by it.. cuz ya'll saved me ... Thanks.. and yeah, my daddy taught me a lot.. lol

Archived