SASS Wire Forum

So, who all is going to the

Greeenriver SASS #38681

We're very very glad you're coming too 3E's. It looks like we're going to have a bunch of new shooters too. Plan to get here early and get settled in!!! I'll be happy to be your chauffeur on the golf cart OR you can chauffeur me around this year! Don't forget to bring Jo and Ozzie.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeeee Haaa!

All 10 of my offers,as well as Back 40's generous offer, have been accepted and The St.Jude Charity Match is about to be full up (as it should be).

Folks...I get a little lump in my throat when I think about all of those children and their parents down in Memphis at the St. Jude Children's Researsh Hospital, and it just pleases me to no end, to know that all of you cowboys and coygirls that participate in this match will come away from it knowing deep in your heart that you had a lot of fun and at the same time did something very worthwhile for the children.

To all of you that I have been blessed to sponsor for your first time at this match, I hope to meet you soon and maybe next year we cal ALLhave fun at this match.

T.A., Sis, Dan, Ol #7, Mary, God bless you all for your time and effort, year after year.

Charlie and Tenshot

harry, call in sick and say that you were out of town when you got the flu....

Can't check up on you 150 miles away....

Sounds like you've done this before Smokepole. I told Supervisor that If I couldn't go It'd make me ill, so plan on it. Thinking is complicated for management types.

Sounds like you've done this before Smokepole. I told Supervisor that If I couldn't go It'd make me ill, so plan on it. Thinking is complicated for management types.

There's a difference between a boss and an administrator. I was never an administrator and I could outscam damned near anybody on the Department if need be....

I used to have my W/C tell me that I couldn't have a couple of days off that I requested for a shoot or a hunting trip. I'd tell them that I need to shoot something and giving me the comp time off is less paperwork than if I did it at work..

They believed me....

BTT for the Kids!!!! We now have 200 entries for the shoot but that doesn't mean you can't still send in your applications - I've already heard rumors of at least 4-5 folks who are going to be cancelling so applications are still being accepted!! As I've said before, we have never turned anyone away so keep those apps coming!!!!

Shamrock Sis

BTT - for the KIDS!!!! We now have 205 entries but pretty sure that at least 6 or more of those are not going to be shooting so please keep those entries coming in!!!! We sell out (200) every year and still only end up with around 160-170 folks who actually shoot the shoot so even if you end up on the waiting list, you will get to shoot!!! We want to try to set a record for number of shooters this year and, of course, for amount of money raised so please help us out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Alright!!!!! Mo money, mo money, mo money - we like making mo money FOR THE KIDS!!!!! I worked answering phones for a St. Jude radiothon this last Thursday and Friday and got to meet several St. Jude patients and heard some amazing stories. One lady told me her son has been a patient for 19 years - he first went when he was 5 months old and they told her not to expect him to live past 5 years. She said "St. Jude has kept him alive for 19 years - and we haven't had to pay them a single cent - there is no greater place on earth". Needless to say, I was crying so hard by the time I hung up the phone, I couldn't even talk. And that's just one of the miracles they have performed!!!! Can't wait for the shoot so we can make lots of money!!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Well, I got my match entry, got a room reserved, all I gotta do is get there! Gotta question tho, what are these tables and stuff y'all talking about? If it's what I think it is, Mayhap I can dig up somethin with a little Texas flavor. Sure hopin to see y'all in May.

Tex(what thinks he and 3E's got some visitin and CR sippin to do!)Boden

:P

Tex - great to hear from you!!! Can't wait to see you again!! The tables everybody's talking about are tables where we stack all the donations folks bring to the shoot to either auction or raffle. Not everybody brings something and it definitely isn't a requirement (the only requirement for this shoot is that you bring lots of money to donate to the KIDS)!!!! But something with a little Texas flavor sounds great!!!! You can see what's been donated so far at www.shadycreekshootists.com. We have some really nice stuff and there's still more to come!!!

Shamrock Sis

T.A. & Greenriver, there will be a group of first time shooters coming from St Louis Mo. area that will bring a bag of Gold Dust for the Kids! Also Thanks to Cascade Charlie And Back 40 some of us will have Extra Gold to spend because of their Generosity to first time shooters.

Just want to say THANKS to all the Great folks putting this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!! Shamrock Sis here. I have to tell you all that I just got back yesterday from Memphis where I attended a fundraising workshop and went on a tour of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - and all I can say is OMG!!!!! Actually, I could go on for about six pages here to tell you all what an unbelievably awesome place it is but I'll just wait until the shoot in May and hopefully will get to tell you some of the stories. You wouldn't believe what the place is like unless you were there to see it in person!!! But be prepared for me to be turning people upside down and shaking money out of their pockets this year - I wish I had a billion dollars to give!!!!

Shamrock Sis

My rememberer doesn't always work so good and I don't recall if I posted that I'm coming or not but clear the decks 'cause ma said we are a going. I'm going to bring something for the tables. Not sure zactly what it'll be right now but I'm thinking on it. I'll have to load up some more of that smelly black crap but sacrifices must be made. It's for the kids. Can I bid up my own bid again. I loved the look on T.A.s face last year. It's for the kids. I'm going to polish my yodeler and do some of that kareoke okie dokie thing again if Jadyn sets up again. Got me a new ha ha to lay on the group too. It involves T.A. and a couple of other cowboys yet to be determined. Dapper Dan? Marshal Rusty Bore? Tex Boden? Footloose? Stay tuned cowboys and cowgirls.

Hey Dapper, ma says to park the camper where you said to last year instead of where I parked it. Seems she is partial to electricaltricity.

I'm camping there this year. I got me a new tent (my old one leaked real bad a few years ago and all my change into clothes in my backpack got soaked. The backpack was waterproof but I had left the top open and had about 6 gallons of H2O in it). Motels are OK but traveling back and forth left a lot to be desired. The comraderie at this shoot is like a fa,ily reunion.

Best folks anywhere...

Well... just another couple months til the Charity Shoot.. "it's for the kids ya know"

I was on the wire a while back asking "How to make Glitter Shotgun Shells"

Three EEE's aka "Greeenriver" gave me advice on how to do it...

Well... :rolleyes: this morning I made Lacey a box of em'.. :rolleyes:

Thanks Greeenriver... She'll be using them at the St. Judes Charity Shoot...

Oh Yeah...that trick of setting the shells on the running tumbler to settle the glitter worked great..

See ya there

Rance <_< n' Lacey

Thinkin' hope I made em' right :blush:

BTT

Archived