SASS Wire Forum

So, who all is going to the

Greeenriver SASS #38681

Every dollar brought in by entries, fees, raffles, auction etc goes directly to charity. These folks don't know what it is to put themselves first. Friendlier folk you'll never find. If you're looking for something different, in a different area or even in your area, c'mon down. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on and if you try it with your clothes off...........

Steer clear of The Black Powder Shooters..........LOL

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on here, folks. This should not be back on page two, but at the top of page one each day.

This is your chance to actialy "Make a Diference" in a child's life as they fight cancer with the help of St. Jude's hospital, regardless of their ability to afford the treatments.

And have one of the best weekends with friends at a great Cowboy range included. No need to dwell on the great stages at two ranges and the well thought out stages, it's a high quality shoot as well and a shooters pleasure to shoot, but the best reasons to be there is simply because, "It's For The Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Looking forward to seeing my friends there again this year, and can taste that steak already!!!!!

Greeenriver

Sorry for the ignorance...when and where is it?

KDD

KDD

The Shoot is the St. Judes Charity Shoot. The match is shot in 2 days, Saturday & Sunday, of Memorial Day Weekend. The camping and such is hosted by the Shady creek Shootist of Monmouth, IL. First day of the shoot as well as a bunch of socializing, raffles, auction are held there. The 2nd day of the shoot is held at the Milan Rifle Club about 30 minutes north of the Monmouth Club.

If you go to the SASS Events forum you will see a listing & find a link that will tell you all about the shoot. Hope you might make it, a number of Missouri pards are already signed up.

If I can answer any questions just shoot me a PM. Will be glad to help,

Marlin

BTT - We don't talk too much about the side matches but we do have a few going on that weekend (Friday) and they are loads of fun - and all the money raised goes to THE KIDS!!!!!! Still have 33 spots open - let's get it filled up by the middle of Feb. Applications available at www.shadycreekshootists.com.

Sis

C'mon folks!

This match usually sells out in two weeks!!

I know that times are tough and money is tight everywhere but you'll NEVER get more for your dollar than you will by attending this match. You can't lose!

If you've never been to this match, you owe it to yourself to try it. ;)

Yep folks... been going to this match since I started shooting CAS..

It's a ball....

By the way the side matches are probably the most competitive part of the shoot...or maybe the auction?? <_<

COME ON GRANNY ANNIE'S REVENGE!!!! Love it..

Lacey and I will take on all competitors.. and donate to a heck of a good cause..

THE KIDS!!

See ya all there

Rance n' Lacey <_<

Thinkin' we'll be there this year too.. :rolleyes:

OK.. concerning GRANNY ANNIE'S REVENGE..

might have overspoke on taking on all competitors..

Won't take on Spur and UhOh..

Won't take on T.A. and SIS...

or Ole # 7 and Muleskinner Mary..

or Blaze and Mad Mable..

or Fancy Bob and Fancy Red..

the rest of you folks.. were ready!!

Well maybe just a couple of you folks :blush:

OK now I see that Granny Annie herself and Blacksmith has raised a challenge...

OK.. probably can't beat them either.. but the rest of you folks... I dare ya ta come shoot with or against us :wacko:

Lacey and I will take on all competitors.. and donate to a heck of a good cause..

THE KIDS!!

OK.. concerning GRANNY'S REVENGE..

might have overspoke on taking on all competitors..

Won't take on Spur and UhOh..

Won't take on T.A. and SIS...

or Ole # 7 and Muleskinner Mary..

or Blaze and Mad Mable..

or Fancy Bob and Fancy Red..

the rest of you folks.. were ready!!

Well maybe just a couple of you folks :blush:

You and Lacy can surely take on Blacksmith and myself!!!! It's my stage and it's a ton of fun but I sure never shoot it well!!! :lol:

Can't wait to see everyone there and donate to this great cause!!!

Okay...Here's the deal...

I understand that there are thirty spots left for entering this terrific match.

For the next 10 people that sign up...I'll pay your enterance fee of $20.

Conditions...You have to be a first time participant...never been before.(verified by Shamrock Sis)

You have to PM me and recieve an acknowledgement that I will pay your fee, all you'll have to do is show up and have the time of your life, I'll send you a reimbursment check, or you just let me know, and I'll send the enterance fee to Shamrock Sis.

How simple is that? C'mon...show a little spirit and a little charity for the kids that can't help themselves!

WOW!!

Let's see.. OK!! OK!! I'm Phenius t. Funcannon... but can I go by Rance?? :blush:

Now there's a cowboy for ya..

this whole match will show the cowboy spirit!!!

Nice job Charlie.. :rolleyes:

Rance <_<

Thinkin' I already knew Cascade Charlie and Tenshot Tammy were good people :)

Be good to have ya home..

Oh Yeah... our challenge on the Grannie Annie's Revenge has been pulled.. Seems everybody wants to beat up on us.... and that just ain't fair.. :angry:

Cascade Charlie,

What a wonderful donation. I just sent you a PM.

Hugs,

Granny Annie

Granny,

I got your PM this morning and I'd be delighted to put your friend on the list.

Just to re-state the offer...

I will pick up the entry fee for the next 9 shooters that sign up for this terrific match.

All you have to do is be a first time shooter to this match and send me a PM that you would like to attend and I'll pay the entry fee.

It couldn't be simpler or more fun.

C'mon...let me hear from you!

Plus, there are all kinds of raffle prizes donated by shooters. If you can bring a donation, it will be greatly appreciated.

Dan, I'm donating 4 flats of shotgun shells.

Lightning Creek Lason (my 8 year old buckaroo) and I will be there pending further instruction. I have friends nearby in Roseville we will get to visit, so this is a double bonus family trip. This will be our first outta state shoot. Thanks Charlie!

I have been trying to email the hosting club to see if theres an opening left, email keeps getting bounced back. If there is an opening, I will send in the form. Thanks, Bear Creek Reverend 83828L TG Atlanta Cattle Company

Charlie,

That's mighty nice of you. I was a little too early to get in on your offer, tho. It'll be my first time at the St. Jude's match, but I already sent in my registration. Shoshone Slim has been bugging me for years to come up for this event. I'd have just spent my "savings" on more raffle tickets anyway. :D

I'm looking forward to shooting with you and Tenshot again when you get back next(?) year.

Black Angus McPherson

Just got an email from Partner and he's got an exciting side match in mind for the charity shoot this year - it involves two Texas stars and lots of ammo!!!!! You won't want to miss out on this one!!!!!!!! In addition to that side match, I believe we'll also have speed rifle and speed pistol and, of course, Dapper's Revenge and Granny Annie's Revenge. So be sure if you're attending to bring lots of extra ammo with you!!

Shamrock Sis

I've been in touch with Cascade Charlie, who is generously sponsoring my entry. I've gotten my application in this morning's mail, so hopefully I'll sneak into one of the last spots. Looking forward to my first shoot away from home! Sounds like a swell time.

I've been in touch with Cascade Charlie, who is generously sponsoring my entry. I've gotten my application in this morning's mail, so hopefully I'll sneak into one of the last spots. Looking forward to my first shoot away from home! Sounds like a swell time.

Asa -

You're in for a ride! This will be worth whatever you need to do to get here. The good feeling you get by helping "The Kids" will stay with you a long time after you forget who won.

CR

Application is in the Mail. Lady Cheyenne just got off the phone with T.A. Spurs and Shamrock Sis they said there were still spots open. So we should be there. After talking with them she can't wait to go!!!!!!!!!!! YEP PE

We're down to only 3 spots left (that's including Red Rider Rudy and Lady Cheyenne - and also Manatee finally let us know that his application is in the mail). So get those apps in!!!!!!!! And don't forget that we still take applications after we are full because we ALWAYS get cancellations and no-shows. No one has even been turned away who wanted to shoot this shoot so keep that money coming in - IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

I posted on Charlie's posts that I'd take one of those spots, but I'm paying my own way. Work keeps telling me I can't get off, but I'll be there. My app is in the mail. Can't miss this shoot.

TA/ SIS. Please move from the active shooters list to Attending but not shooting. That will open one more slot for a shooter, and I truthfuly will not be shooting, But I will be spending the few days with some of the best pwople and friends in the world.

And I'll have a great time doing so.

Greeenriver

Archived