SASS Wire Forum

So, who all is going to the

Greeenriver SASS #38681

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last I checked, there were only about 120 signed up :blink:

Hey, New shooters. If you want the want the experience of a big shoot without the pressure, this is the place to be. Two days, 12 stages, two different clubs, ENTRY FEE $20! The raffle prizes are great and the money goods to St. Judes Childrens Hospital. And did I mention the entry fee was only $20?

You may even get a chance to shoot with Manatee, Coyote Cap, Mogollon Drifter, Duece Stevens or any one of 176 other great Pards. Maybe even me :FlagAm:

I'll be there. I made sure that I wouldn't get aced out like Filthy Harry.

I up and retired...........LOL

Greeenriver

Can't wait to see you and Joann at the St. Judes Charity Shoot. You going to bring that little ankle biter you cal a dog along? That way we will have somebody who will understand us when you and Dan are slightly incapacitated with Crown Royal.

You have a safe winter and a safe trip home,

Marlin

We're up to 137 shooters as of yesterday!! Still plenty of room (we can take 200). So get those apps in!!!! Marshal Morgun is right - if there's new shooters out there who would like to experience a "big" shoot without any pressure, this is the place to be. It's all about the kids so nobody cares how they shoot - we just have fun!!!!

Hope to hear from a bunch more of you cowpokes soon!!

Shamrock Sis

I think I'm gonna pass. The daughter is graduating from high school this year. I kinda feel like staying around home.

CPK

Load up the U-Haul and move up here Smokepole, They just raised your income tax 66% and we're going to have concealed carry in Wisconsin this year. ;)

They upped my wife's taxes... My pension income is still untaxed. Wisconsin taxes the bejeebies out of out of state pensions...

Just for information, TA, if this fills up, you don't have to hold me a shooting spot. I'll be there, but probibly won't be able to shoot the match. Having some problems with motor controle of my hands and I'm not sure if I will be able to hold pistols yet again by then, but I hope to. If I personaly ain't sure I can shoot safely, I'll just watch and run score sheets back and forth.

And drink Crown Royal,

And eat pickled bologna

And Hi-Ho crackers,

And steak,

And maybe drink some more Crown Royal.

See ya all there!!!

Greeenriver

EEE, I'll help ya on the line....

Greeenriver - the most fun is just seeing you anyway!!!!! We'll hold your spot til the last minute just in case you can shoot. But doing all that other stuff while everybody else is worrying about shooting sounds like lots more fun!!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Thanks, Sis.

Usualy there are some last minuit openings every year so I ain't too worried about having a slot to shoot, only about my ability to shoot safely for others. If I don't KNOW I can be safe, I'll just set it out. But if it does fill completle I would not want someone to miss this for a possability I may shoot, understand?? Last fall, at Fandango, I found out that by not shooting, I could move from posse to posse and watch all my friends shoot, insted of just the one posse I was on, and it was kind of fun to see diferent posses shooting the stages, and how diferent shooters aproched things.

And I had time for naps and WAY MORE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greeenriver

Well, if the app gets there I'll be there to shoot............

.......If it don't get there in time I'll just be there to poke MCM with a stick every time he shoots.

Hey, MCM I told them ta stick us together............We'll see how well you can put up with me in person!!

:)

~EE Taft~

Well, if the app gets there I'll be there to shoot............

.......If it don't get there in time I'll just be there to poke MCM with a stick every time he shoots.

Hey, MCM I told them ta stick us together............We'll see how well you can put up with me in person!!

:)

~EE Taft~

Well all right! Pard, I'm way too much into having fun to take it serious. As far as the poking with a stick goes, just don't put too much of a point on it. But if you're nice, I'll let you push my cart :P

Well all right! Pard, I'm way too much into having fun to take it serious. As far as the poking with a stick goes, just don't put too much of a point on it. But if you're nice, I'll let you push my cart ;)

:rolleyes: ............I just don't know what to say to that.............

:lol:

How 'bout............

I'll push yours if you push mine...........

;)

Hey Spittoon - Lingle Creek and Scheel's have been donating a Dillon press for at least the last 8 or 10 years and I've been trying to win it for at least that many years - so let's just see who can buy the most tickets this year!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe the race is on!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you in May!!

T.A.

It's hard to believe that this is the 22nd of January and this match hasn't sold out yet. In past years, by now there would be a waiting list of people wanting to attend. Come on!!!!!! $20.00 for entry??? Steak dinner and the great companionship at the IL area??? This is one of the best social events of the year and the shooting is even better!!!! Well thought out stages at two of the nicest ranges just 38 milles apart over two days, free camping!!!Tables of raffles and donations to try for???

And the best part is everything raised goes to the Children of St. Jude's Hospital. If you ever want to see Hope, simply look to St. Jude's for the faces of a child treated there for free that couldn't get treatment elswhere, and see the hope and joy in their parrents face.

Even in this troubled money world, $20.00 is a small price to send even if not attending.

After all, IT'S FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Greeenriver

Couldn't have said it better myself, Greeenriver!! St. Jude's is an unbelievable charity - saving children's lives regardless of their ability to pay for treatments. I'm a member of a volunteer organization called ESA that does charity work for lots and lots of different charities (St. Jude's being the main one). I've been asked to be the Iowa State Chairman for St. Jude's this year (to be the person for the state of Iowa to promote fundraising for St. Jude's). This position also includes a trip to Memphis in March to tour the hospital and learn more about the work they do. I CAN'T WAIT!!! So I'll have lots of info for all you good folks attending the shoot when you come in May. But in the mean time, like Greeenriver says, $20 for an awesome shoot, at two awesome clubs, with some of the best people you'll ever meet, great food, great prizes - you can't beat that!!!!

Keep those apps coming in!!

Shamrock Sis

I sent out an email to my master list yesterday and got back about a dozen replies from folks who said they will be sending in their applications this week - so maybe some folks just needed a little memory jog. If any of you folks out there need an application, go to www.shadycreekshootists.com - you'll find one there.

Remember - IT'S ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!

Shamrock Sis

Got some more entries in today.....Brings up to 153

And iff'n I read it right Mr Texas Boden's was among em!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it The Lovely Ms Querida Kate's :wub: is on the way as well.

Also Ms Jadyn is singin for us on Friday evening this year

Dapper(who loves it when a plan comes together)Dan

btt - just wanted to make sure this stays fresh in everyone's minds!! We're up to 158 shooters as of yesterday. I know of at least 8 more that should come in this week but that still doesn't sell us out. Come on guys - IT'S FOR THE KIDS!!!!! There's no better charity in the world - kids are our future!!

Shamrock Sis

Come on here, folks. This should not be back on page two, but at the top of page one each day.

This is your chance to actialy "Make a Diference" in a child's life as they fight cancer with the help of St. Jude's hospital, regardless of their ability to afford the treatments.

And have one of the best weekends with friends at a great Cowboy range included. No need to dwell on the great stages at two ranges and the well thought out stages, it's a high quality shoot as well and a shooters pleasure to shoot, but the best reasons to be there is simply because, "It's For The Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Looking forward to seeing my friends there again this year, and can taste that steak already!!!!!

Greeenriver

Archived