SASS Wire Forum

Photographic proof

Utah Bob #35998

The bad news:

My stint in the hospital cost me so much weight I now fit into my old dress blues that I got married in in '68.

A frightening thing. :FlagAm:

The good news:

I'm eating like a swine and putting on enough weight that it will probably be too tight again in a week or so. :blink:

I suppose I'll have to back off at that point but I'm enjoying them tall stacks of flapjacks and sausages and grits and biscuits and gravy and hot dogs and cheeseburgers and choklit cake and pizza and.... :FlagAm:

Young Utah

Old Utah

Stop eating so much. Don't put the weight back on. You'll be happier in the long run.

Unfortunately, I have to build some of it up in preparation for operation #2 coming up. The doc wants me to have some reserves for this one. I was dehydrated and malnourished for the first one in Dec.

I don't intend on letting it get out of control though. Pretty hard to get too blimp-like with all the uphill walking I do here. :FlagAm:

The bad news:

My stint in the hospital cost me so much weight I now fit into my old dress blues that I got married in in '68.

The good news:

I'm eating like a swine and putting on enough weight that it will probably be too tight again in a week or so. :blink:

I suppose I'll have to back off at that point but I'm enjoying them tall stacks of flapjacks and sausages and grits and biscuits and gravy and hot dogs and cheeseburgers and choklit cake and pizza and.... :angry:

Young Utah

Old Utah

The Good News: Your uniform is now standard Class A.

The Bad News: No matter how good that uniform looks, you're still ugly! :angry::FlagAm:

Look better than me soldier... :blink:

Hmmmm - I thought you were a Private :FlagAm:

Prayers are with ya for your next surgery UB....heal up quick and get shooting!!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

The bad news:

The good news:

I suppose I'll have to back off at that point but I'm enjoying them tall stacks of flapjacks and sausages and grits and biscuits and gravy and hot dogs and cheeseburgers and choklit cake and pizza and.... :FlagAm:

Young Utah

Old Utah

Well you look great!! I have to tell you there are advantages to being thin. First you have a lot of clothes that you can wear for a life time. I still wear a Union Made Wool coat from the seventies. Lucky that the style is timeless. I don't wear shorts, never was much of one to do that, but my skirts all still fit in the summer to stay nice and cool, and I have Teeshirts that are getting up there now too. The next part about being thin forever is you get places faster. All I have to do is hold my arms out on a windy day and I get a little extra boost.. lol... People offer you food all the time too... lol...

Tell ya, Bob, I think you look better in the "old" photo. Got some character and dignity. And a certain poise to you.

Yeah, "poise". Dat's it. :FlagAm::blink::FlagAm:

You look good Bob, ... at either age.

Good luck with round two. I'll keep a light in the out house window glowing.

Dutchman

The Good News: You still fit in your Dress Blues

The Bad News: That 'Stache is WAAAAAY out of regs!!!

Hope the second trip under the knife goes smoothly.

You look good Bob, ... at either age.

Good luck with round two. I'll keep a light in the out house window glowing.

Dutchman

You better not light anything with all that "swamp gas" in that outhouse! :blink::lol:

UB, good luck with Round #2. Hope everything goes real well and that there are no complications.

The Good News: You still fit in your Dress Blues

The Bad News: That 'Stache is WAAAAAY out of regs!!!

Hope the second trip under the knife goes smoothly.

The Wranglers I had on don't exactly conform to AR670-1 either. :blink::lol:

I want to know about all the medals and badges. I see: first calvary? Paratrouers, jump badge? Expert rifleman, the rest escape me.

Give us short on memory pards a review of your service record.

I want to know about all the medals and badges. I see: first calvary? Paratrouers, jump badge? Expert rifleman, the rest escape me.

Give us short on memory pards a review of your service record.

Jest colorful jewjaws is all. The important thing is the stunning fit of the jacket. :blink:

Those "colorful jewjaws", include a National Defense Medal, Viet Nam Service Medal (w/three bronze stars), Combat Infantryman's Badge, Bronze Star(?), Air Medal (?) and the Viet Nam Campaign Medal.

Sorry if I mis-identified any, UB.

Damn Dude wearing that horse blanket you are lucky your name is not on the wall.

Stash tho non reg probably would have made in the 1st Cav

Bama Red the right most on the bottom Republic of Vietnam Campaign medal

Top row Bronze Star and Air Medal

Stash tho non reg probably would have made in the 1st Cav

Back in the day, it did. :lol::lol:

Now check out Panhandle Slim for some serious fruit salad! :blink:

When were you in country?

During the Cambodia Thing summer of 70, my battalion 5/60 Infantry was Opcon to the first Cav. We went into Shakey's hill after you guys took it.

Went into the Parrot's Beak with the 2/7th Cav. Interesting place. :blink:

Went into the Parrot's Beak with the 2/7th Cav. Interesting place. :blink:

Glad ya made it home

You still look good in the Blues. The Army has done away with the greens and has replaced the Blues Pants with ones that just go to the waist like the old greens pants.

Good luck on the next round.

Very rarely does a chest full of ribbons impress me unless it contains the CIB. Good on ya, Bob!

'minds me more of a CW4 than an O3.

It's the grey hair! :blink:

We all know Bob has character, I'm not so sure about the dignity part tho. :blink:

Yeah...and he has alot of hats too to cover that grey hair of his - at least he has hair. :lol:

GG ~ :lol:

Archived