SASS Wire Forum

Cheapest place to buy __________?

NSIops

Hello, I was on my search to buy some Cimarron Model P's. I was wondering where the cheapest place to buy was from. It also got me thinking if it would be possible to compile a list of some of dealers etc who you can get the most bang for your buck from. Not just firearms, but hats, boots, clothing, ammo, etc etc. It would be a nice reference to a newb like me. :FlagAm:

Some clothing (mostly modern stuff though) but I have found (bought my last 5 shooters from them) that Ables Ammo http://www.ableammo.com/ to be the best place to shop for anything that goes bang. Smithy.

Hello, I was on my search to buy some Cimarron Model P's. I was wondering where the cheapest place to buy was from. It also got me thinking if it would be possible to compile a list of some of dealers etc who you can get the most bang for your buck from. Not just firearms, but hats, boots, clothing, ammo, etc etc. It would be a nice reference to a newb like me. :FlagAm:

Define 'cheapest' ?

Hmmm, same place where you find 'cheap', but 'high quality' and 'dedicated' employees. :FlagAm:

I haven't found it yet.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :blink: Just wait till Friday.

Cap & Ball pistols . . . Cabelas. Not the large slection of Dixie and some others . . but the very best prices for the new ones that they carry.

Usually cheaper than the prices for used ones on Gunbroker . . . and if someone occasionally gets one that is rough, . . they are easy about returns and exchanges.

For inexpensive "starter leather" . . . . see this article in the Chronicle. About $60 for the holsters and belt from Cabealas.

The best advice I had from the Wire when I started with this game was get my gear(guns an leather) from Long Hunter

Cheapest never pays off in the long run... save up a few weeks extra and buy from vendors that support the sport in the LONG RUN that will be the cheapest if you put a value on stress and frustration

Reminds me of something I've seen, maybe paraphrased in may places.

1. You can have it fast.

2. You can have it cheap.

3. You can have it good quality.

You're able to choose only two. Choose wisely Grasshopper.

It would be a nice reference to a newb like me

NSIops, if your looking to have such a reference here on the SASS Wire, you have a better chance of becoming the reincarnated John Wayne!

1. The Wire does not allow Stickeys unless you are an Administrator, which you'll never be

2. The Wire does not allow Polls because it has never been activated in the forum software

3. All Wire posts are deleted after 30 with no activity

Prior to 2005, there was a CAS forum that had such a Stickey, by product type, short description, a Poll for posters to 'vote' good, bad or indifferent and able to post their experiences with the sutler. The forum was The Frontier Spot. It is now defunct!

So your best option is ... put the SASS Affiliated Merchants link in your Favorites ... http://www.sassnet.com/Affiliated-Merchants-001A.php and started looking and start calling ... because you will have this issue to contend with - there are no website links links listed for the SASS Affiliated Merchants, only telephone numbers

So, the only feasible advice is to put a post in the Classifieds for Cimarron Model P's or whatever and see who responds with a price, new or used. But you won't get a response from a vendor ... or start calling or looking around on the Internet on your own because your thought is unrealistic!

I think he was talking about comparison shopping on specific items like Model P's. Understandable tactic in these economic times.

But as mentioned no good resource exists as a vehicle to that end.

On items like firearms most vendors are pretty close in their pricing depending on the volume they do. The markup on guns is pretty small.

For clothing and leather the Cowboy Chronicle is full of adds to peruse if you are a SASS member.

The classifieds forum is a good place for a newby to get a pretty good deal on used stuff.

Do this the easy way....

Go to the top left of this page and click on "HOME"

On the HOME page, go to the bottom right corner and click on SASS LINKS

There you will find merchants of all sizes that support SASS in one way or another and are usually good to do bidness with.

You can contact them and make your comparisons.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

Hello, I was on my search to buy some Cimarron Model P's. I was wondering where the cheapest place to buy was from. It also got me thinking if it would be possible to compile a list of some of dealers etc who you can get the most bang for your buck from. Not just firearms, but hats, boots, clothing, ammo, etc etc. It would be a nice reference to a newb like me. :blink:

The hunt for your cowboy gear is part of the adventure in IMHO. Blue Roan

I like Phil Rezac for cowboy guns. http://ultona.110mb.com

I've bought a rifle and shotgun from him and have been very pleased.

+1

I've bought pistols and shotgun from him and will be buying a new rifle within the next few weeks.

I will be going back to Phil Rezac for that rifle.

Great guy to deal with

~EE Taft~

Support your local merchants.

Howdy to all. I really hope you drive one of the BIG 3 American Made cars and trucks. In Wisconsin I saw a bumper sticker wanting support for local farmers, the sticker was on a Toyotie Pius. What a Hipppo Crit. IMHO the reason the economy is so bad and we have friends selling off the treasures is because we have not supported our local merchants. I'll quit ranting.

My favorite shopping places are Goodwill and Salvation Army. You can find a 40.00 shirt for 5.00. The hunt is part of the fun.

Let's keep the USA, One Nation Under GOD !

Howdy to all. I really hope you drive one of the BIG 3 American Made cars and trucks. In Wisconsin I saw a bumper sticker wanting support for local farmers, the sticker was on a Toyotie Pius. What a Hipppo Crit. IMHO the reason the economy is so bad and we have friends selling off the treasures is because we have not supported our local merchants. I'll quit ranting.

My favorite shopping places are Goodwill and Salvation Army. You can find a 40.00 shirt for 5.00. The hunt is part of the fun.

He does support his local small businesses...

Now...I'm sure your small local business folks appreciate you shopping at Goodwill and Salvation Army...how's about you just donate the $$ and then shop at actual small local businesses????

:FlagAm:

Support your local merchants.

Right on Boon, I always support the local guy first. :ph34r:

Howdy to all. It looks like this thread has stalled. Time for a push.

Good Will and Salvation Army take donations, money and items. They give to the needy what the needy need. The excess they sell in the stores to help more needy people. Support your local GoodWill and Salvation Army Stores.

With this economy we have an abundance of needy. Most of the workers at these thrift stores are volunteers.

I have been to Good Will and Salvation Army thrift stores in at least 15 states and really enjoy the hunt for something interesting. That's part of the fun, the hunt.

Some people won't entertain the idea of wearing used, their loss is our gain.

Let't keep the USA, One Nation Under GOD !

May GOD Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We like Cowboy Shooters Supply - http://www.cowboyshooterssupply.com/index.html

...good pards to ride the river with, stand behind their products....

While technically correct since the Prius is currently made in Japan (it will be made in the US this year), Toyota makes 70% of their vehicles in the United States. Sadly, I'm not sure that any of the Big 3 can say that anymore. You might be surprised at how many vehicles the Big 3 make in Mexico or Canada. Even the vehicles that they make in America might have many of the parts sourced from other countries. If you really want to support America when buying a vehicle, you need to research where it was assembled and what percentage of the parts that were actually made in America. Unfortunately, there is not much in a name anymore...

Howdy to all.

I can and do drive by the factories where each of our vehicles were made. I have driven by the corporate headquarters of these companies. The leaders of these companies speak english.

The most important things are, the employees work here and pay taxes here. The companies pay taxes here.

I believe that would qualify as local.

May GOD Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!--quoteo(post=2090679:date=Jan 13 2011, 09:55 AM:name=Whoa Bart #67544)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Whoa Bart #67544 @ Jan 13 2011, 09:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2090679"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Howdy to all. I really hope you drive one of the BIG 3 American Made cars and trucks. In Wisconsin I saw a bumper sticker wanting support for local farmers, the sticker was on a Toyotie Pius. What a Hipppo Crit. IMHO the reason the economy is so bad and we have friends selling off the treasures is because we have not supported our local merchants. I'll quit ranting.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

While technically correct since the Prius is currently made in Japan (it will be made in the US this year), Toyota makes 70% of their vehicles in the United States. Sadly, I'm not sure that any of the Big 3 can say that anymore. You might be surprised at how many vehicles the Big 3 make in Mexico or Canada. Even the vehicles that they make in America might have many of the parts sourced from other countries. If you really want to support America when buying a vehicle, you need to research where it was assembled and what percentage of the parts that were actually made in America. Unfortunately, there is not much in a name anymore...

You do realize sticker on the Foreign Car was asking for local support. The owner, not being able to support the American Car Manufacturers wants support for local farms. I am all for supporting local farms. This was a clear cut example of, do as I say not as I do.

May GOD Bless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact the larger firearm distributors (Taylors, Cimmaron, EMF, Dixie) and tell them that you are a CAS shooter. They will know that you need a shooter more than a safe queen, especially since we do treat our irons pretty roughly. They may be willing to find a scratch-n-dent deal.

a great place to get gun work done for a good price would be http://www.codyscowboyshop.com/ this guy does great work

and is a wonderfull guy....if you are a junior shooter he will even tune your gun for no charge!!! ;)

halfcock,

================================================

I got mine from these guys:

http://traderjerry.com/

They had the best prices around.

Archived