SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Chaps

Dang It Dan 13202

As I get older I am starting to understand the importance of looking better (since I don't shoot as fast as I used to) and I don't like to run in batwing chaps, so I would like to find a good pair of shotgun chaps?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dang It

Talk to John E Law,he had some made that came out real good.

I might have there website around here somewhere.

Sharon Rino custom makes Chaps, Chinks, I got a few pair including some elk skin shotguns, she does good work

http://www.chapsrus.com/pages/about_us.htm

I just got a pair of chinks from Deaton Chaps. His web site is www.Deatonchaps.com I don't know if his web site shows the shotgun chaps but he does make them. I am very happy with the work he did on my chinks, so you may want to check him out and give him a call. He also has a Facebook page.

Dig'em Deep

Dan, why not Get the best in Florida, and a local boy.

Halfbreed

Wigley

You can get the real deal from Michael Martin Murpheys mercantile on the web or from National Ropers Supply.....MMM's are quite functional and look great! Yoos-ta-be-kid

As I get older I am starting to understand the importance of looking better (since I don't shoot as fast as I used to) and I don't like to run in batwing chaps, so I would like to find a good pair of shotgun chaps?

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Dang It

Dear Lord,

Please guide Dang It Dan to the perfect chaps and cuffs and spurs and whatever else he needs to become the BEST Classic Cowboy the ever roamed the SASS Plains...

...and leave 49r's category forever. Cuz otherwise I'll never get me one of them purdy coins at the Lake County Pistoleros.

Amen

Oh, sorry. I thought this was a prayer posse thing. :blink:

Can't help you on looking better as ya grow older Dan, but if you figure something out there let me know. I got a couple years on ya fer catchin up. :blush:

Waimea

:unsure:

can't help ya pard, but getting older and looking better don't generally go together.

I must be the exception....lol.

KK

Dear Lord,

Please guide Dang It Dan to the perfect chaps and cuffs and spurs and whatever else he needs to become the BEST Classic Cowboy the ever roamed the SASS Plains...

...and leave 49r's category forever. Cuz otherwise I'll never get me one of them purdy coins at the Lake County Pistoleros.

Amen

Oh, sorry. I thought this was a prayer posse thing. :blush:

Can't help you on looking better as ya grow older Dan, but if you figure something out there let me know. I got a couple years on ya fer catchin up. :lol:

Waimea

:unsure:

Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are. :blink:

If Dan stays in 49er, shotgun chaps will be good for him................as long as they are made out of lead or pig iron. :blink:

Now that there is funny, I don't care who ya are. :lol:

If Dan stays in 49er, shotgun chaps will be good for him................as long as they are made out of lead or pig iron. :lol:

Gosh! It's nice to have friends who care so much for me (or at least my catagory). You know, when I was a "high-speed, low-drag" kind of shooter everyone wanted me to look more, uh, cowboy. And now that I am old news, everyone wants me to look, uh, some place else - to shoot.

Am I going to get this kind of special attention when I start shooting Gunfighter? Well at any rate, hopefully I will at least look more "cowboy" when I do.

Thanks for all the help.

Dang It

Dear Lord,

Amen

:lol:

I am taking a couple of months off - here's your shot, brother.

Dang It

I am taking a couple of months off - here's your shot, brother.

Dang It

Dang it, Dan (now I know where your name comes from) I was just a funning.

If'n you want to whoop me by 100 seconds per stage, I don't mind.

Besides there's other categories I can shoot in and lose by a wide margin.

Last time I shot at LCP I shot Duelist and came in 3rd

(outta 3).

So don't think you're the only-est one that can whoop me.

I got a line out the door that just stands there a-waitin ta take their shot.

Waimea (who funs a lot, but don't mean anything by it)

:lol:

Archived