SASS Wire Forum

97 win

Red River Ray SASS#33254

Got me a 97 and sent it to every cowboy gunsmith in tha land for work on it, got a promise that nothing inside this fine SG would ever lock it up an cause tha shooter extra time on tha clock. I loaned it to a friend ta shoot it first in a match as I was promised it was mechanical perfection. :blush:

http://www.carolinacowboys.us/vb/showthread.php?7391-97

RRR

Did you call all the smiths and tell them it hung up. That was funning.

Just bought a 97 have not shot it yet, had not even considered that posibility. Will necessitate a rakish tilt to the old campaign hat in WB

Heck I still have not stuffed shells in it to see if I will hold 6, it is an actual win with a 600000 series SN.

Reminds me of seeing guys try to close their scarfs in their SXS. Or I watched a guy run out of shotgun shells on his belt and reach in to his breast pocket where he kept to extra shells. He had lots of problems then because he also kept a pack of rolaids in there as well. Guess what one he grabed? Not once but twice. I asked him why he just didn't throw the rolaids on the ground. He told me because they were open. We still laugh about it everytime we see each other.

Got me a 97 and sent it to every cowboy gunsmith in tha land for work on it, got a promise that nothing inside this fine SG would ever lock it up an cause tha shooter extra time on tha clock. I loaned it to a friend ta shoot it first in a match as I was promised it was mechanical perfection. :blink:

http://www.carolinacowboys.us/vb/showthread.php?7391-97

RRR

Seems to be a clear issue of inadequete "head space" :blush:

Regards

:unsure:

Gateway Kid

Reminds me of seeing guys try to close their scarfs in their SXS. Or I watched a guy run out of shotgun shells on his belt and reach in to his breast pocket where he kept to extra shells. He had lots of problems then because he also kept a pack of rolaids in there as well. Guess what one he grabed? Not once but twice. I asked him why he just didn't throw the rolaids on the ground. He told me because they were open. We still laugh about it everytime we see each other.

I was working on the "mount double to shoulder, load fire, shuck over shoulder load fire etc". Worked fine until I loaded both loose ends of my wild rag in the breech. It was so close to my face and stuck shut that I had to have help getting it off of me.

• 1 month later...

RRR,

That was great! I shoot a 97 and am glad I wear a derby. :blush:

J.D.Lee

Gee I didn't have that kind of trouble with your 97!!!

I will have to watch out for that one though.

Cain't wait till spring up here to shoot mine.

Maybe I will take it to the AHM shoot next week.

KK

Archived