SASS Wire Forum

ROA SS nipples

Jess Knotwright 61300

Who's the man? That's right Smithy is! Enough patting myself on the back, but I love a good Google challenge so after about an hour I came up with Track of the Wolf and more specific to your liking http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/T...e=25&Page=1 Don't go crazy quite yet since I don't think you'll find Ruger in that specific listing, but I called the fine folks at Track of the Wolf and asked if they had them and they said YES! Not only that, they said they had gobs of them so your worries are over. Smithy.

Hi:

Send me your address and I'll mail you one.

I have many extras.

--Dawg

Out of curiosity, how did you break a stock Ruger stainless nipple? If the hammer is hitting the nipple hard enough to break it, you have some other problems that need fixing before installing the new nipple.

Smitty; Thanks for the lead. ordered a few.

Praire Dawg; Thanks for the offer but I purchased a few, to have my own supply.

The nipple broke at the junction of the threaded part and the nipple when I was putting nipples back in after cleaning with moose milk and after baking dry. Appears to be a fatigue issue and not necessarily from hammer strike. Let me know if you think I should do any thing else.

Thanks everyone, Jess

Archived