SASS Wire Forum

Jane in Movie Wild Bill

Poppy

Been watching Wild Bill this morning before heading out and man Ellen Barkin is hotter than a July night in this movie. Really dig the way she plays that role

Been watching Wild Bill this morning before heading out and man Ellen Barkin is hotter than a July night in this movie. Really dig the way she plays that role

Ellen Barkin was also in one of my favorite movies, "The Big Easy" with Dennis Quaid.

If the real Jan had looked like that, she would have been twict as famous. :blink:

Ah.....I think that was Oceans Thirteen.....Catherine Zeta-Jones was in 12.......

Ellen Barkin - Angie Dickinson with attitude........

LL

Thank you, I stand corrected. I knew it was one of them.

Angie Dickenson is my Dream Girl.

I think there should be a Fourteen, with all of them together.

I really liked the "look" of "Wild Bill"- and yes, Ellen Barkin could fluff my pillow and rumple my sheets any time she wants to- but the film takes such outrageous liberties with the facts about Wild Bill Hickok that I can't sit all the way through it. Really- "Cecil B. DeMille's 1936 film, "The Plainsman" is more historically accurate than "Wild Bill". As an aside, Jean Arthur's Calamity Jane is a real high point of that movie, and she is also MUCH prettier than the real Calamity Jane. The real one looked like she'd been worked over real good with the Ugly Stick.

Of course the best and most authentic Calamity Jane ever was Robin Weigert in Deadwood.

Utah your correct... best and most accurate was Robin Weigert... but she never really got me going... on the Deadwood set anyway :~)

Utah your correct... best and most accurate was Robin Weigert... but she never really got me going... on the Deadwood set anyway :~)

if she had, I'd be worried about you. :angry:

:angry: I guess none of you have seen her lately. She has had more cuts on her than a Thanksgiving turkey.

I saw the Oceans 13 movie. Speaking as a guy two years short of 50, she looks pretty good to me for a woman in her 60s. So she's had some parts fixed -- better life through surgery is all that means to me <grin>. Besides, actor's live and die on their appearance, especially pretty women. I didn't quit looking (and I generally date women younger than me).

Archived