SASS Wire Forum

EOT Side match scores not on website

ethan callahan

As of 1/11/11, still waiting for a link to the side match scores on the EOT page.

EOT scores minus side matches

Can we get them posted to the website?

As scorekeeper for our club I can tell you that entering sidematch scores into the computer is a royal pain. What I now do is simply mark the winners right on the original scoresheets, then put the whole stack on the copy machine and scan all sidematch scoresheets into a single PDF file, which I then post online. It may not be as neat and pretty as a computer printout, but it saves a hell of a lot of work and allows me to post sidematch results very quickly. Perhaps EOT might consider this method.

As scorekeeper for our club I can tell you that entering sidematch scores into the computer is a royal pain. What I now do is simply mark the winners right on the original scoresheets, then put the whole stack on the copy machine and scan all sidematch scoresheets into a single PDF file, which I then post online. It may not be as neat and pretty as a computer printout, but it saves a hell of a lot of work and allows me to post sidematch results very quickly. Perhaps EOT might consider this method.

PDF file would work for me.

As someone who helped run side matches (thanks, Lassiter, for ramrodding that!) last year at EOT, the numbers you want were just not kept.

To minimize the time it took to record scores, we agreed to just write down the fastest time so far. And, lots of folks went through several matches several times (like speed pistol). Almost all the "original data" was just not written down. What was written down was on scoresheets which never went to the scoring crew, but simply straight to the awards ceremony. And, probably a safe bet, those scoresheets were discarded afterwards.

Now, if you think something more elaborate is warranted this year, perhaps you could volunteer to be the ramrod for Side Matches? I'm sure CC and the rest of the Wild Bunch would be glad to have you!

Good luck, GJ

As someone who helped run side matches (thanks, Lassiter, for ramrodding that!) last year at EOT, the numbers you want were just not kept.

To minimize the time it took to record scores, we agreed to just write down the fastest time so far. And, lots of folks went through several matches several times (like speed pistol). Almost all the "original data" was just not written down. What was written down was on scoresheets which never went to the scoring crew, but simply straight to the awards ceremony. And, probably a safe bet, those scoresheets were discarded afterwards.

Now, if you think something more elaborate is warranted this year, perhaps you could volunteer to be the ramrod for Side Matches? I'm sure CC and the rest of the Wild Bunch would be glad to have you!

Good luck, GJ

I know the scores individually weren't written down for each competitor, just wondering why the side match winners weren't listed on the EOT web page like the winners of the other events/catagories...

Archived