SASS Wire Forum

Schofield Holsters?

I'm still in "thinking about it" mode. Bianchi makes at least one that would blend in with the rest of my rig (Galco does NOT). I'm sure you know El Paso Saddlery makes several.

In the meantime, it fits sorta/kinda (as long as I pay attention) in my normal SAA holsters. Cross-draw like that not so safe, though, if any movement involved.

-Chris

I would definitely want to take a look at a pair like the ones Will Ghormley(sp?) made for 3;10 To Yuma (time zone applicable). I once had a vision of obtaining a second pair of the Ubertis with the short barls and made what I thought would be a competitive holster for the first one I got. Sadly the plan didnt work out due to problems with the gun BUT I did save a picture of the prototype holster. I am still thinking on the concept though. http://home.comcast.net/~gakracker/site/?/...2a6f8fb8b121de6

I've got 4 I use (some more than others: a molded Laramie holster from Dixie Gun Works, an 1885 flap holster from DGW and two Carrico 1885 flap holsters. The DGW 1885 will hold anything, from a Peacemaker, to an 1875 Outlaw to a Russian; the Carricos hold anything but the Outlaw and Russian, and you can get them in both right- and left-hand.

It may not be pretty, but I find it's cheaper and easier if I worry less about form and more about function.

I had Kid Cavalier make me a pair of Slim Jim-type holsters to hold my 5" Schofields. Also had him angle them in at about 20-22 degrees to make a pair of "crotch rockets". Like that style of holster.

:blush::rolleyes::rolleyes:;):ph34r:

I packed a pair for awhile. I put them in my wife's Cow-Moo-Flage (Holstein calf with the hair on) holsters made by Big Ed of San Pedro Saddlery, Tombstone.

They fit real well, but were made for her Rugers.

MG

I'm waiting on some leather (should arrive today or tomorrow) to arrive and then I'll be using Ghormley's pattern to make a couple.

I'm gonna do one with studs and one with rawhide lacing. Hope to make matching sheaves.

If they turn out OK, I'll post picks.

I'm waiting on some leather (should arrive today or tomorrow) to arrive and then I'll be using Ghormley's pattern to make a couple.

I'm gonna do one with studs and one with rawhide lacing. Hope to make matching sheaves.

If they turn out OK, I'll post picks.

You picked a good pattern Rufus, Will is the best of the best and always there when yer needs a helping hand.

Eastern Wa.? Me too.

MS

My Ghormley Rig

this rig Will did for Pitt to get ready for the movie. I won it and a pair of Remingtons. But, it did have at least one Schofield in it and fit pretty good...

curley

Archived