SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse

Oklahomabound

One of our shooters at Indian Territory:

Its time to rally around one of our own. Plinky (Laura Clinton) is battling a brain tumor - a true fight for her life! She did get some encouraging news yesterday from UCLA. The top surgeon in this field will be consulting with her on the 26th and perform brain surgery on the 31st. So there is hope! Pumpkin Roller says she has been having more bad days than good but talks often about her "Cowboy family" and her great desire to return to shooting with us. She is a firm believer in the power of prayer and says she has a peace withing herself now that God is in control. So - what can we do? 2 things - send prayers up for her full and speedy recovery and mail her get well/thinking of you/miss you cards. Pumpkin Roller says she enjoys getting cards in the mail since she often not up to talking on the phone. Think what that would be like if everyone would send just one or two cards a week until she is better!

Here's her address:

Laura Clinton

5800 W 520

Pryor, Ok 74361

Thanks pards & pardettes!

Okb

...moved the thread, http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162386, from the SASS Wire to here.....

My prayers for peace and complete healing... Wisdom, skill, and discernment for all of the medical staff... Understanding for all...

I'm not much of a card sender, but I will give it a shot...

Vaya con Dios

Prayers Up fer sure.........

That's a tough one to go through, but it sounds like she's in good hands.

.........And may she always be in God's hands.

Prayers for a successful outcome.

~EE Taft~

I will most certainly add her to my prayer list.

I will also send her a card and try to follow up

later. Lots of folks out there needing help. Prayer

and encouragement is the strongest thing we have.

A card went out to Plinky in today's Pony Express.

Been ther and done dat Pard, bout 6 years ago.

Long and slow recovery, but it is worth it.

Stay strong, Punkin Roller, she'll need it.

Prayers up !!!

Prayers up from Texas.

Plinky just wanted to let everyone know how much she appreciates the prayers and cards. They are a bright spot in her day.

Remember her brain surgery the end of the month.

In this day of fast paced life, often some of us get so cought up in our own troubles that we forget others are hsving problems, too. I can't write a card now, motor controle is spotty, but please let her know that I do pray for everyone that request prayers here on the wire, and many that do not. Cancer is a desease that affects all of us, the friends and loved ones mostly worse than the paitents. We, the cancer paitents, our fate is in God's hands, the loved ones and friends are the ones that have that helpless feelong of loss, needing to help, wanting to say and do things to help, and the knowing that they cannot make things better no matter how they try.

May God take this lovely Lady, and her friends and loved ones, in His Loving Hands, and provide healing and piece to all. What will be is as God intends, and His mercy and Loving care will never leave us, regardless of the outcome.

Amen.

Greeenriver

• 2 weeks later...

Plinky underwent brain surgery yesterday with great results. She was able to sit up and feed herself today. She is still in ICU and is waiting on a room. Prayers are being answered!

Continued prayers for a full recovery.

That's great news!!

Great to hear a bit of good news!

~EE Taft~

Plinky underwent brain surgery yesterday with great results. She was able to sit up and feed herself today. She is still in ICU and is waiting on a room. Prayers are being answered!

Great news!! :D

One of our shooters at Indian Territory:

Its time to rally around one of our own. Plinky (Laura Clinton) is battling a brain tumor - a true fight for her life! She did get some encouraging news yesterday from UCLA. The top surgeon in this field will be consulting with her on the 26th and perform brain surgery on the 31st. So there is hope! Pumpkin Roller says she has been having more bad days than good but talks often about her "Cowboy family" and her great desire to return to shooting with us. She is a firm believer in the power of prayer and says she has a peace withing herself now that God is in control. So - what can we do? 2 things - send prayers up for her full and speedy recovery and mail her get well/thinking of you/miss you cards. Pumpkin Roller says she enjoys getting cards in the mail since she often not up to talking on the phone. Think what that would be like if everyone would send just one or two cards a week until she is better!

Here's her address:

Laura Clinton

5800 W 520

Pryor, Ok 74361

Thanks pards & pardettes!

Okb

...moved the thread, http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=162386, from the SASS Wire to here.....

I will include her in my prayers for sure Oklahomas... Cancer is really tough to beat, but you can beat it... I believe in miracles.. I know they can happen!!

OKB - That sure is good news. Tell her we're all pulling for her and prayers will continue.

Thanks for your prayers ya'll!

...and please keep lifting Plinky up 'cause she's still got a long row to hoe.....

Here's an update on Plinky:

"One of our club members talked to Laura last night for the first time since her surgery. She sounded really good, considering what she's been thru. Her attitude was great. The best news was that she has been discharged from the hospital, and depending on the outcome of some tests this week, she may be cleared to travel back home soon.

She already has made it clear that "she will shoot again"! Her drive and attitude should be an inspiration to us all."

Thanks for the support and prayers ya'll!

Well, I s'pose one more prayer cain't hurt!

Here's one more!

Archived