SASS Wire Forum

Rowdy K Injured in accident

Buckaroo Bubba

Sorry if this has been posted already. Just wanted to pass on the word and ask for prayers for Rowdy K. Let him know your praying and thinking about him.

I received this email from Ruthless today:

"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news already this year, but here's another person I need for you to keep near and dear to your hearts and prayers.

Rowdy K was involved in a bad farming accident last Thursday. If you didn't already know this, since retirement Rowdy has taken on a job working on a local farm, which he really enjoys. Unfortunately while cleaning a grain buggy, his clothing got caught in the PTO shaft which was operating an auger. He says thank God there were 2 others there to immediately shut off the equipment and get emergency help.

His major injuries include a broken ankle which had to be re-set twice and pinned. He suffered severe cuts to the underarm portion of both arms, nearly missing the main artery by 1/4". Surgery was done on those arms. Also he lost the flesh from his one elbow and skin grafts were taken from his leg yesterday for that.

Once back home, Rowdy will undergo physical therapy at home. But for now, he could surely use your prayers. He has lots of healing to go but is positive about it all. He is just so very thankful his injuries weren't any worse than they were.

I will keep you informed from time to time on his progress.

Ruthless "

Thank you.. Bubba

Prayers up! Glad that he wasn't killed or injured more seriously. "Stuff happens," and it isn't fun. Hope that he recovers quickly and has no long-lasting pain from his injuries.

Just got an update from Ruthless:

"I just got off the phone talking with Sandee. She said Rowdy's skin graft surgery yesterday went very well and their hopes are that he will be coming home Thursday or Friday. As she told me, the angels were certainly with him. As severely as he was cut, it appears he has no nerve damage.

Thanks for everyone's prayers for our dear friend.

Ruthless"

I have Rowdy's address if anyone would like to send him a card. PM me if you would like it.

Thanks, Bubba

†Prayers on the Way†

Farm machinery accidents always bad, I know!

Prayers up for him from Texas.

Lord, I thank you that this wasn't worse than it was...I also thank you for the men that were there and the emt's that responded. I thank you for the drs that have worked on Rowdy. I also thank you for the fact that i can call him my friend. Lord, please touch him will your healing hand, keep infection out, and Lord touch both Rowdy and Sandee with the peace that only you can give. I look forwert to seeun him this summer and hearing him say, well this is the way it happent........., Lord I sincerely thank you that he still walks among us! I ask these things in Jesus precious holy name, amen

Amen Brother Cheyenne.

I believe he was a preacher in a previous life!

--Dawg

I thank God that his two work buddies were close enough to stop the machinery and pray to God for his speedy recovery and return to normal movement. Smithy.

Got an update on Rowdy K from Ruthless:

"Our dear friend Rowdy K came home from the hospital yesterday. For now, he is in a wheelchair. He cannot walk or use either arm right now. Sandee is setting up a bed for him in their finished basement, which also has a full bathroom.

Rowdy has a long road to recovery, but thank God he has that road. Please continue to keep him and Sandee in your prayers.

Thank you all so much.

Ruthless and DJ"

Got another update on Rowdy K from Ruthless:

"Rowdy K called us last night. While he knows he has a long way to go to full recovery, he sounded so very positive about it all. He has use of his right leg and partial use of his right arm. Enough to get him up and out of the wheelchair on his own to get into the bed. He is not to use the left leg which has the pinned bone and where they took his skin grafts, or his left arm which was skin grafted. And he was happy to say he was able to feed himself yesterday.

But more importantly than that, he specifically asked me to send all of you this e-mail to thank you for all of your prayers, kind words, and cards he has received. He said you cowboys truely are the best group of people he knows.

Ruthless"

Archived