SASS Wire Forum

Frontiersman

Leadnose Calhoun

I know that the ruling on adjustable sights in other categories has changed. What about Frontiersman? I have a Ruger Old Army with adjustable sights. I am supposing that this model doesn't meet the qualifications. What about Remmies with adjustable sights? Same situation?

Don't let the rule book keep you from enjoying your guns. Pick a local match where a championship is not on the line and register as a dualist shooter. I doubt you will win but you'll have a fun day shooting C&B.

Leadnose Edward is right, you could sign up as a duelist with those Rugers but why go half way? Shoot GUNFIGHTER!!!! Granted you'd have to shoot against heathen powder shooters but who cares as long as you are having fun.

Of course if you want to shoot what should be the one true, traditional category, join me in Frontier Cap and Ball Gunfighter. There is nothing more old school then a pair of 1860's belching fire and smoke, one in each hand. I had a ball doing this last season and just wish one of my host of friends had gotten good photos of me doing it.

I'm with you Iron Pony:

Here's a pic of gunfighter with my 1860 3" Avenging Angels.

Cap Gun Gunfighter---Zowie!!!!

And I agree with Leadnose--You can shoot 'em--just not in the Frontiersman category.

This game is all about having fun.

Go to it!

Too much fun!

--Dawg

I wonder if you turned up with 10 muzzle loading pistols in your bandoleer they would let you shoot frontiersman? or 5 double barrel ML like the howdah

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info....oducts_id=14019

If you added 3 of the 20gax20ga versions of that you could shoot most of the shotgun stages too...

so that is $3,375 for the pistols $1,950 for the 3 20ga and lets see you could come to the line with 5 double rifles

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info....roducts_id=3514

$ 6,000

so that comes to about $10,000 with tax or shipping ( I am :P sure you could work out a volume discount with Dixie)

now I do admit you would want to have a few extra shotguns for those long shot gun stages but just think of the impression you would make waddling to the line with all that firepower! :D

Of course you could lobby for a new category "team frontiersman" where you would have say 2 or 3 of the pistols and 2 or 3 of the shotguns and rifles and the other team mamba would be your loader....

the big advantage with the last option is that there would be someone else at the shoot that had a longer total time than my own! ;)

Cheers

Windy

PS: this is a joke son; a joke :lol::D

We have toyed with this concept. The stumbling point is that to maintain safety standards, they would have to be capped on the clock. And there is that danged old rule about only two main match guns (that needs to go). You may be joking, but I like the idea!!

Cheers,

BJT

I wonder if you turned up with 10 muzzle loading pistols in your bandoleer they would let you shoot frontiersman? or 5 double barrel ML like the howdah

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info....oducts_id=14019

If you added 3 of the 20gax20ga versions of that you could shoot most of the shotgun stages too...

so that is $3,375 for the pistols $1,950 for the 3 20ga and lets see you could come to the line with 5 double rifles

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info....roducts_id=3514

$ 6,000

so that comes to about $10,000 with tax or shipping ( I am :P sure you could work out a volume discount with Dixie)

now I do admit you would want to have a few extra shotguns for those long shot gun stages but just think of the impression you would make waddling to the line with all that firepower! :D

Of course you could lobby for a new category "team frontiersman" where you would have say 2 or 3 of the pistols and 2 or 3 of the shotguns and rifles and the other team mamba would be your loader....

the big advantage with the last option is that there would be someone else at the shoot that had a longer total time than my own! ;)

Cheers

Windy

PS: this is a joke son; a joke :lol::D

Well I would love to watch a "Team Frontiersman" shoot and listen in on the dialog between the team members...

(He) Keep em coming Ada...

(She) Make every shot count Ambrose...

but you are right I did not consider the only 2 main match guns rule Oh well

Cheers

Windy

We have toyed with this concept. The stumbling point is that to maintain safety standards, they would have to be capped on the clock. And there is that danged old rule about only two main match guns (that needs to go). You may be joking, but I like the idea!!

Cheers,

BJT

Sure would look good if each shooter came to the line with a pair of cap and ball pistols fired Gunfighter at them attacking Comancheros, after which he moves to position two and picks up his trusty revolving cap and ball carbine to discharge five rounds into their Indian cohorts and after a quick cylinder swap to finish off the last of them savages he finally addresses the enraged War Chief with both barls of his trusty double barl muzzle loading shotgun. WOW, shore would look good. Lets see now, what else will I have to buy before I can play that game?

Don't let the rule book keep you from enjoying your guns. Pick a local match where a championship is not on the line and register as a dualist shooter. I doubt you will win but you'll have a fun day shooting C&B.

In a thread (can a GF win a big match) yesterday they rated the frontiersman just ahead of the youth shooters. So as long as you beat anyone that is not a buckeroo yur shootn too good for your class....

Personally I am fond of the thought that shooting two howdah's GF stye for the shotguns would be beyond cool...

Archived