SASS Wire Forum

How's your Weather?

G. P. Cobb

2215 hours and it be 15 degrees right now with the wind at 15 to 20 mph.....

...gonna be a 5 degrees come morning, I'm going out on the porch to move the brass monkeys in.... :blink:

Oklahomas is there a number missing in front of that 5????

Got up around freezing today, maybe just over, felt real nice out in the sunshine, but once that sun went down, brrrr.

The cold is bothering more this year than in the past, I must be getting old. Might be time to actually wear something other than just a sweat jacket when it gets cold like this.

Well I guess so. Running out to clean the driveway in your jockey shorts causes anxiety in the neighborhood.

I ran my little RED snow shovel today. Used way less than a gallon of gas. Actually I didn't use any gas atall. I guess I you could say I went green, with red, doing the white.

Was kind of chilly here today in California the high was only 62° F. :blink:

Yeah.. I had on my tights today to keep me warm.... brrrr

Just plain damn cold here tonight. Temp is at 5 wind chill at about -5 to -10

Brrrrrrrrrrr

We finally got enough rain last week to get rid of all the white stuff thats been on the ground since Thanksgiving.

It was 50 F and rainy on the way to w**k this morning. I don't know what it's doing outside now. I w*#k 4 stories underground in an old Cold War bunker.

OOOPSss! Just got a weather advisory that says to expect strong winds 25-35 kts from the SW....That's not too bad. At least it's not real cold.

There's a lot of winter left though...

It ain't been as bad as alot of you folks been suffering through. So far, only one hard freeze into the mid 20's, but most staying in the 30's and 40's during the morning. Then most times shooting upwards to the mid 60's or so.

Personally, I'd rather have the constant snow rather than these cotton-picking temperatures going up and down all the time. It's the kind of cold we get here that just penetrates down to the bones and joints and just makes you plumb miserable and sick. What you're wearing that morning sure ain't what you gonna be wearing that afternoon.

Texas weather is worse than a woman's mind.....it's constantly changing, never made up, and it don't accomplish much other than making more work fer me.

It's Thursday 'n' snow has fallen for the sixth day in a row. I love it! Schoolmarm baked me a cake yesterday for my 58th birthday and I made my spiced pancakes 'n' some sausage fer breakfast. Got to spend time with Hatfield and the grandkids last night. Life is GOOOOOOOOOOD!!! :unsure::blush::lol::blink::blink:

Europe and the British Isles are also being frosted as well. Airports and highways are seeing repeated and extended shutdowns.

I've heard that Global Warming and Carbon Credits are the two most successful scams of the last 100 years. I don't know if that is true and statistics are for liars, so my heating bill the last two winters and into the third being higher because of usage is not a legitimate indicator? :unsure::blush::blink:

"Texas weather is worse than a woman's mind.....it's constantly changing, never made up, and it don't accomplish much other than making more work fer me."

Hey!

We are just trying to make life more interesting for the men folk.

y'all would get bored without us

Folks we have our typical strong south wind at +36' at 1400 hrs.

I tended the stock this morning with my sandals on . . . too warm to bother putting on boots . . . . in my shirt sleeves with the windows open right now while hearing / watching the noon TV news. . . get to 80 here within a few days . . . . :blink: Glad I'm HERE :unsure:

"Texas weather is worse than a woman's mind.....it's constantly changing, never made up, and it don't accomplish much other than making more work fer me."

Hey!

Sometimes....boredom would be more than a welcomed change................. :blink::unsure:

Hey!

CL, might I say you women are doin a mighty fine job of it too.

Hey!

I have to agree with you. My sister has lived there since 1970 something.. lol. On a visit with her you can expect nice warm weather, a storm builds and it starts raining trucks and buses.. the next morning you wake up to snow.. lol.. She calls it a "blue northern" I call it crazy.. lol.. But she is a "God bless Texas" kinda gal... and as sweet as they come.. so she loves it there..

Sometimes....boredom would be more than a welcomed change................. :):angry:

Somehow I just knew you were gonna get grilled for that comment!

~EE Taft~

Somehow I just knew you were gonna get grilled for that comment!

~EE Taft~

EE/s... lol.. When I lived in MO, I lived in tutle neck sweaters, long undies, wool pants, a cap, snow boots and tons of socks.. lol.. A grill would have been welcome.. lol

Archived