SASS Wire Forum

How's your Weather?

G. P. Cobb

+13' going toward +9! +20 tomorrow - +2 tomorrow nite........... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Keep a log on the fire boys............

At 9:17PM Monday night, it's 11 degrees here at the ranch. Expecting -6 by Sunrise tomorrow morning. Clear skies and breezy.

Been splitting firewood most of the afternoon and taking hay out to the range. Got about 10 inches of snow on the ground near

the house and a foot or more consistant on most areas of the ranch.

T.H. O'Sullivan

Black Mesa Ranch

New Mexico

Was 9 degrees with 5 inches of fresh snow. Tomorrow which would have been the ole coots shoot but cancelled now because it will be 4 degrees. Dang!

-2f yesterday and my tractor hydraulic went out just as I started plowing about 6" of snow. So yesterday I chased parts until 10am and then worked in the snow until 3pm repairing it. At least it warmed up to 8f. Got it fixed and the road plowed out. It's about 1/2 mile to the pavement.

More important I suppose was getting a JD 4020 out of the middle of my gravel road so I didn't have to drive out in the field to get around it. Almost got stuck both ways with the parts.

Nothing prettier than snow covered pasture with the Rockies in the background and a fresh-plowed gravel road. ;)

It is about 28 degrees (F) here in downtown Sanford, NC. It snowed a bit yesterday but wanted to not stick very well. We probably have an inch of accumulation now...at nearly 11:00 AM it is frozen solid outside with close to 1/4" of ice all over everything. Expect that there will be some power lines down later in the day. Can't get to work (Awwwwwwww!!) and the boss said not to bother trying. So it is a "snow day" for the kids and they are about "WiiD out," and the TV is keeping them entertained.

Got the Christmas stuff stowed back in the attic until next December and am catching up with the Wire after paying my annual dues a few days late. Better late than never.

Now to get out the leather and make a new Cell Phone case that will hide the metal clip for my "tuckable" concealed carry holster. If someone wants a drawing of that to play with, let me know! Nice snow day project.

+13' going toward +9! +20 tomorrow - +2 tomorrow nite........... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Keep a log on the fire boys............

A bit overcast today . . . but to get up to 70 each day later in the week . . . enjoy shivering . . just keep thinking that it is good exercise . . . ;):P:D

4020 no cab, no thankyou! Maybe a plow for the pickup next year? Just a thought.

To all: January to be the coldest since 1985, so keep a drip going in the faucett and wood well cut.

See you boys at the thaw.......... Cobb.

-2f yesterday and my tractor hydraulic went out just as I started plowing about 6" of snow. So yesterday I chased parts until 10am and then worked in the snow until 3pm repairing it. At least it warmed up to 8f. Got it fixed and the road plowed out. It's about 1/2 mile to the pavement.

More important I suppose was getting a JD 4020 out of the middle of my gravel road so I didn't have to drive out in the field to get around it. Almost got stuck both ways with the parts.

Nothing prettier than snow covered pasture with the Rockies in the background and a fresh-plowed gravel road. ;)

12 below last night. Clear skies though. Life is good. ;)

It was 3 last night when I ran the blower on my walks, wind chill of -12. Low last night was supposed to be about -7 with wind chills at about -25. I was frozen and it was dark by the time I got done with the walks so the driveway will just have to wait until it melts.

This is what we call "stock show weather," seems like every year around the National Western Stock Show in Denver we get an arctic blast.

Grizz

20 overnight, still snow on grassy areas, wind blowing steady. Going down to 18 tonight! OK, it's not as bad sounding as some of y'alls reports BUT, that's NOT anything close to normal around here :blush:

Schools were closed yesterday because of the Icy snow.

GLOBAL WARMING My ASS!!!!!

23 degrees and light snow. We're supposed to git about 3-4 inches tonight, got about 2 inches on the ground now. It's been down to 10 at night. Man do I hate this! :blush:

There is a match scheduled for Saturday, forecast says high of 49 that day out at the range. Live webcams of I-25 out there seem to indicate they didn't get as much snow as here in Denver, hopefully we can shoot Saturday!!!!

4020 no cab, no thankyou! Maybe a plow for the pickup next year? Just a thought.

To all: January to be the coldest since 1985, so keep a drip going in the faucett and wood well cut.

See you boys at the thaw.......... Cobb.

Naawww.... it's got a cab. I'm crazy, but not stoopit! I had a plow on a pickup and by the end of one season the entire front end had to be replaced. I do miss it some days, but this JD has more bottom end and can move a road full of snow in a hurry. I wish I had a good plow on an old beater truck, though... that heater in the cab would be nice for sure!

Naawww.... it's got a cab. I'm crazy, but not stoopit! I had a plow on a pickup and by the end of one season the entire front end had to be replaced. I do miss it some days, but this JD has more bottom end and can move a road full of snow in a hurry. I wish I had a good plow on an old beater truck, though... that heater in the cab would be nice for sure!

Yes and Yes. I would't put a plow on anything less than a tonner. And I'd prefer something newer than the 4020, that is a collector ya know. The newer ones are more cab friendly than the early Deere. I thought I had Green Blood till we got this New Holland, not looking back.

20F and falling tonight. Got about 3 inches on the ground, and it looks like another dust-up is comin in. Down near NYC they are callin for at least another foot of this white crap. They can have it for a change. I've had my fill of winters with 18-24 inch snow falls every couple days. I'm enjoyin a ligh winter so far this year. Course there's still Feb, March and April to get through.

Snow just got done here, and temps are going way down.

Going down to 0 tonight. By Sat. windchill will be -25 to -35 !!! :FlagAm:

BBBBRRRRRRRRRRR !!!

I know I should not whine.. but I am cold... plan old cold.. I have a blanket at work,... and my coat on half the time.. lol.. At home the heat is on and I shiver.. lol.. I want spring to sprung.. lol... I think the short days short circuit my natual body heater..

...it was 6 degrees yesterday morning with a high at 25; this morning it was 7 degrees with a high at 24. Just got in from breaking up ice (about 2" thick) on the ponds for the cows & had a right pleasant (not!) breeze coming in at 10-15 mph with the temps at 22.........

...and yes, that's cold.

Guest Copper Mart

Got up to 29 this afternoon. We got 5" of new snow last night. Supposed to get up into the 30s the rest of the week and rain. Flood warnings are out. I'm staying up here on Misery mountain till it's over.

mart...

I know I should not whine.. but I am cold... plan old cold.. I have a blanket at work,... and my coat on half the time.. lol.. At home the heat is on and I shiver.. lol.. I want spring to sprung.. lol... I think the short days short circuit my natual body heater..

Ya got that humidity thing goin on over there. That makes a big difference.

Today was nice here. Hit 35 for awhile and not a cloud in the sky.

2215 hours and it be 15 degrees right now with the wind at 15 to 20 mph.....

...gonna be a 5 degrees come morning, I'm going out on the porch to move the brass monkeys in.... :blink:

Ya got that humidity thing goin on over there. That makes a big difference.

Today was nice here. Hit 35 for awhile and not a cloud in the sky.

I also have that "I like 80 all year long" thing going on for me.. lol... 75 to 80 is perfect.. I am considering being a cowgirl space bubble shooter.. So I can live in a bubble that is 80 degrees all year long.. lol..

Archived