SASS Wire Forum

Good Day Gentlemen

KiowaScout

Hey everyone,

I was turned on to this site by some guys over on Marlin Owners. I'm looking forward to learning more about SASS and this very interesting sport. I've currently got a Ruger Vaquero Convertible 45LC / 45ACP that I've got to learn how to shoot better! I've recently received a Henry rifle to commemorate the deployment that I just got back from and will be displaying it on the wall with pride along with my Cav saber and stetson. I suppose if I get into cowboy shooting, I've already got the proper hat and some decent firearms to start with. I've got lever-gun fever and have a decent wish list now, too!

Anyhow, just wanted to make an initial post to say hello and look forward to reading and adding where I can. :wub:

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Welcome Pard, grab a cup of coffee and settle down and start asking as many questions as you want everyone here started like you are so don't be afraid to ask. Just watch out for those smart asses that will be here also, sorry Utah and badger LOL. Working cowboy is what I shoot, one rifle and one pistol. Wear your stetson proudly, don't know what personia your going after but consider something military

Good luck and welcome home

ENG :wub::unsure::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the fire Pard. This is a terrific sport populated by the nicest groups of folks you'll ever meet.

Here's a great resource for new SASS shooters with a wealth of information:

Captain Baylor's Ranger Camp

The best way to get started is to find the nearest club to you (click the "affiliated clubs" tab at the top of the page here) and go to a shoot to meet the members. They'll be able to answer a lot of your questions, show you their equipment and guide you down the right path. New shooters are always welcomed with open arms.

P.S. Some of us even shoot Henrys in matches. :wub: They ain't fast but they sure are fun.

Garry Owen.

Welcome home and thank you for your service, Scout!

If you're gonna hang around this here Saloon (ACS)(Always Capitalize Saloon), fergit 'bout buying guns, leather and clothing. The first thing you're gonna need is a good set o' hip waders - it gets mighty deep in here at times!!! :D:P;)

Welcome! (and welcome HOME, too!) Thanks for your service. THere's lots of "good" free advice here on the Wire and you'll make a lot of friends. ;)

Thanks for the big welcome everyone!

I've already found a great rifle (1894CB) that I've been searching for a long time to find and will be getting my skills up with it. I've got plenty of time before I deploy next so as things calm down and we settle back to normalcy from this last stint over there, I'll start to seek out some information about events in my area. Thanks again, look forward to hangin around and learning.

Utah Bob, Garry Owen indeed! :FlagAm:

Scouts Out!

Thanks for the big welcome everyone!

I've already found a great rifle (1894CB) that I've been searching for a long time to find and will be getting my skills up with it. I've got plenty of time before I deploy next so as things calm down and we settle back to normalcy from this last stint over there, I'll start to seek out some information about events in my area. Thanks again, look forward to hangin around and learning.

Utah Bob, Garry Owen indeed! :rolleyes:

Scouts Out!

Now go Here! :FlagAm:

How Do !!! And Welcome to da fire........Have a drink.......it'll settle yur nerves !!!!

From one Army Vet to another..........Thank You fer yur Service !! :FlagAm:

Ifin' ya need questions answerd, just ask !!! :rolleyes:

Archived