SASS Wire Forum

SxS technique video

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

A big difference I noticed between he and me is the tool. My shotgun does NOT open as easily as that, and my shells do not fall out like that either. Shows what some tuning can do for you. Can you improve technique without improving your equipment? Where is the best effort spent: $ tuning or time training? (If you had to pick 1.)

Im with Driftwood, I was surprised at how young you look but then that does happen more and more in recent years. Looks like a great technique and glad you done this for our benefit. One thing I will say is that I have never had a hammerless double that was that slick. The only Stoeger that I have ever had that would open like that also would fall open while shooting, very bad. Who does your shotgun work and how long do they hold up?

Very god job.

Put it in my favorites so when the subject comes up.

I can link them to it.

Anvil Al...

I ain't too computer literate...

How do you save this post or that website to your favorites... Whoops Not your favorites but my favorites..

I'd like to do the same.. tried it and I couldn't get it to work...

Thanks

Rance :)

Thinkin' I'd like to save this link too.... before it gets lost.. ;)

Duece, You have the one thing that most of us old guys can't do. That is your youth!! Making the video shows you care about helping others and that is #1 in my book. I also watched the video of you and your son and that one made me tear up a bit. I have two sons who are busy doing it their way. Take Care with best wishes for you and your family.

A big difference I noticed between he and me is the tool. My shotgun does NOT open as easily as that, and my shells do not fall out like that either. Shows what some tuning can do for you. Can you improve technique without improving your equipment? Where is the best effort spent: $ tuning or time training? (If you had to pick 1.)

While my Browning has had work done on it (work was done by my pard Fireball) most are disspointed when they feel it because it's pretty close to stock, much closer than what most are running. Time and ammo have done a lot for smoothing it up, but leaving it close to stock is what has helped it hold up for so long. Also hand and forearm strength help a lot as well. Though I do not visit the weight room like I used to I still do some work with weights to keep my arm strength up. #1 priority is that your shells have to clear, and most can polish their chambers on their own to make them do that. If I had to pick, spend your money on ammo and time training, good skills can overcome a lot.

Dashdangit. After 15 years my all out fast as I can go time is less than half as fast as Deuce's slow motion speed. The boy ain't human I tell ya.

I learned a lot from that video. See you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Thanks, pard!!

Great video Deuce.

Just switched back to my double and will try to break my old habits now that I know how to load efficiently.

What other sport has the top competitor offering up his best techniques for anyone to try?

Deuce, you are a class act!

Great advice. I'd like to know about your gun. It looks like a browning. How long are the barrels? Any choke. Video looks like maybe un-fooled with 26" tubes. Also would like to know what action work

has been done and who did it.

Thanks Deuce,

Mosey West

thanks you for sharing!!!

Very well done, simple, to the point...focus on the extractor and "rolling" shells in...THANKS!!!

im sure after 1,000's of practices, i might get 1/2 that fast!

So nice of you to share. Do you mind if I send out an email to our members with a link to your video? We don't have a website to put a link on.

Dream Chaser SASS#79316

McAllen, Texas 78501

Thanks for sharing!!! If yall did not notice there is a lot of other videos on there as well.

Anvil Al...

I ain't too computer literate...

How do you save this post or that website to your favorites... Whoops Not your favorites but my favorites..

I'd like to do the same.. tried it and I couldn't get it to work...

Thanks

Rance :)

Thinkin' I'd like to save this link too.... before it gets lost.. ;)

Rance, I’m not Anvil Al, but I’ll try to help you out.

What you want to save is the link from Youtube because if someone does not post occasionally to bring this post back to the top, it will eventually go beyond the number of days/posts that the Wire keeps active.

1) Open the Youtube link.

2) In the upper left of your screen, you should see a gold star with the word “Favorites” to the right of it. Left click on the star and/or the word “Favorites” and a drop down menu will appear.

3) At the top of the drop down menu, you will see a gold star with a green plus sign over it and the words “Add to Favorites.” Left click on the star and/or the words and a small window will appear on your screen.

4) On that window is a button that reads “Add.” Left click on it and the page will be added to your favorites and will appear at the bottom of your favorites list. If you want, before you click on “Add,” you can rename it or create a separate folder for it. Example: I have a folder in my favorites titled “CAS” where I keep all my favorites related to Cowboy Action Shooting.

If this fails to work, shoot me a PM with your phone number and I’ll give you a call and walk you through it.

Deuce, thanks for taking your time to make the video and post it here. I am once again reminded how the fastest shooters in our game are equally quick to do whatever they can to lend a hand and help others in any way possible. You're a credit to the game.

Deuce,

What kind of gun do you use?

I use a Browning BSS. The one in the video was done by Fireball. I recently just had Colt Mcalister do a unfired BSS for me and it turned out great and can highly recommend his work.

• 1 month later...

Ever shoot a hammer double?

Need a video like yours for a hammer gun too.

Thanks

--Dawg

+1, some hammer gun videos are really needed.

:unsure:

What length are your barrels on the Browning? I recently bought one with 26" tubes

and don't know if I want to chop them off. 23" seems to be popular for the BSS cowboy

guns I have seen advertized.

Thanks Deuce,

Mosey West

Archived