SASS Wire Forum

Alias and Role Play

Captain Bill Burt

My character is sorta me. I was a Captain in the Army, grew up in Montana at the Mouth of Blodgett Canyon in the Bitterroot valley. Long before the Ammo Company and I have been at their factory. Funny was going on a trip to Glacier and was doing some fishing right out side of the park. Ended up buying Bitterroot Valley Ammo Company 44 mag bear loads at a gun show in Phoenix. Carried them from AZ to Stevensville Mt (where they were made) and then on to glacier. Did not need them but...

Back to the character. The Dan part was easy as the is really my name.

'

The hard part was getting the time period right. I don't really like that hunting horn insignia of the Civil war Infanty. So I need to be on active duty after the beginning of 1876. To further complicate things being cheap, I really don't want to buy shoulder board as I have a pair I used on active duty. This has the effect of narrowing the date range further. Light blue was replaced by white for stripes, shoulder boards and collars in 1886. I need to keep myself in uniforms from 1876 thru 1885, or use white as the branch color. If I go earlier, need to get new shoulder boards with double gold vs silver bars for a captain and of course use that silly hunting horn insignia of branch.

Just have to suck up the 2 pistol gun belt to comply with SASS rules. When not shooting I wear a single pistol and an actual 1850 foot officers sword. Yes it was replaced in 1872 by the 1860 staff and field officers sword but many of the 1850 foot officers swords made it to Cuba in the Spanish American war. The Captain persona will also work just fine for wild bunch. Heck if I drop 20 lbs I could even wear my dress blues for formal occasions as a Wild Bunch guy. Would have to loose the jump wings and ribbons but the Dress Blue uniform would be period correct.

The 1892 winchester (ok rossi clone) is not period correct but the Duke himself carried one from just after the civil war up until Big Jake - we all know he could do no wrong. Got old Ned pepper with a pre production model in 1870 something shooting with one eye that earned him an Oscar.

Can also dress just like a cowboy to play the Captain after discharge from the army.

It is all BS but it is fun.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heck if I drop 20 lbs I could even wear my dress blues f

I just dropped 30 lbs and fit into mine. But it involved an operation and hospital stay so I can't recommend the method. :ph34r: :ph34r:

I guess if I stayed in character I would be looking for fire plugs,OH they did not have fire plugs back then ,oh then trees to hide behind.I cant bite the guys I shoot with they are all bigger than me. so I guess I will just shoot when I can and not worry about Character.

Phantom and Creeker...

Gentleman... I'm uncomfortable here....

....I had no intention of hijacking this new shooters thread and have communicated that to him....

...since it seems to be me and my words and thoughts you feel compelled to take issue with....

....I would really love to discuss this with both of you further....being the club leaders you are, I am very interested in your opinions concerning this sport we are obviously passionate about.

So. if you would like to start another thread and invite me to a discussion on some important pressing issue you feel you must address..I will respond

Better yet....try dashcaliber@yahoo.com....all are welcome...private e-mail can provide more freedom in the discussion.

If writing long e-mails takes too much time, as it does for me, just send me an e-mail request for my phone number...maybe we could do a conference call??

I really think both of you gentleman have made assumptions that are incorrect and discussion would be helpful....I just don't believe that the continued discussion of my comments on this thread is fair to the young Captain.

DC

You made me smile Dash

capt Bill

Some people who have responded to you post have attempted to create the illusion that they think this a game. However their actions speak much more loudly than their words!!

It's a GAME, a very enjoyable game. Enjoy the game as you please. :)

Judge you have twice issued subpoenas for my arrest, and have at least once convicted me in absentia in your court and sentenced me to a neck stretchin. Of course I have proven to be toooo slippery for you and your henchman deputies! And you don't take this seriously huh??? Right. :D:blink:

Judge Harshly even has a unique pet as the mascot for his court....a Kangaroo.....

Capt Bill don't be lulled to sleep by folks like the Judge> If he issues a writ on you let me know, and I will tell you all the good hide out places so he can't carry out his twisted kangaroo justice!!

be watchful Bill

PC :)

capt Bill

Some people who have responded to you post have attempted to create the illusion that they think this a game. However their actions speak much more loudly than their words!

Judge you have twice issued subpoenas for my arrest, and have at least once convicted me in absentia in your court and sentenced me to a neck stretchin. Of course I have proven to be toooo slippery for you and your henchman deputies! And you don't take this seriously huh??? Right. :angry::blink:

Judge Harshly even has a unique pet as the mascot for his court....a Kangaroo.....

Capt Bill don't be lulled to sleep by folks like the Judge> If he issues a writ on you let me know, and I will tell you all the good hide out places so he can't carry out his twisted kangaroo justice!!

be watchful Bill

PC :blush:

I will Pecos, the last thing I need is to run into a hang in judge.

Back to what phantom said, I still want to know what a caddi is.

I will Pecos, the last thing I need is to run into a hang in judge.

Back to what phantom said, I still want to know what a caddi is.

I think I can clear this one up for you.

There is a saying in SASS...

"Lighten up, no one's gonna win a Cadillac today"

or if someone shoots poorly that morning they might say

"guess I'm not gonna win the Cadillac"

course it's very possible that Phatom could be talking about something else entirely....

Pecos Clyde, you illiterate ruffian, it was warrants not subpoenas hizzoner issued for your arrest. Unlike subpoenas which expire, warrants are good forever. Rest assured we will catch up to your miserable carcass and stretch your scrawny neck.

Just a matter of time... ;)

Pecos Clyde, you illiterate ruffian, it was warrants not subpoenas hizzoner issued for your arrest. Unlike subpoenas which expire, warrants are good forever. Rest assured we will catch up to your miserable carcass and stretch your scrawny neck.

Just a matter of time... ;)

Guess you've never seen Pecos Clyde. ;);)

Archived