SASS Wire Forum

The Last Stand 2011

Santa Fe River Stan,36999L

Thanks to everyone that attended. We sure enjoyed having you come and shoot with us. Your smiles make all the effort worth it. Congrats to all the winners and to my fellow committee members for a job well done.

Oh yeah.....I screwed up the dates for next year in the booklet......January 5th thru the 8th are the real dates so mark your calendars and come on down.

The Last Stand 2011 Scores

Stan

Hopefully I will get the WB and BP sidematches posted later.....

Stan

Thanks for posting the scores so quickly and, as so many others have already said, thanks to you, the Committee, the berm marshalls and all the others for putting on such a terrific match. I have shot state championship matches in four states now, and none any better than this one.

I am posting some videos on YouTube this morning, mostly Posse One, that shows the action and setup on Stages 1, 3, 5, 6 and 10. I will start a new thread on the Wire with the links.

Cassalong Hopidy

:wub:

Thanks Stan for letting me be a small part of something special...Your Last Stand CommitteeTeam!

If you need me again next year, I can organize the Shoot Off again.

My lessons learned are already in work:

What we did well

What slowed us down

What we could do better

Now I will have both Fireball and Delta Glen muster on Stage One Next year for the shoot off.

Wigley

I don't know how you did it but TLS 2011 was the best TLS of the 7 or 8 thit I have attended, so once again THANK YOU!!

Folks, this match ranks with ANY other that i have shot, and that IS saying something!

Cheyenne, who's thankful for all the work yall did, Culpepper :wub:

:wub:

Thanks Stan for letting me be a small part of something special...Your Last Stand CommitteeTeam!

If you need me again next year, I can organize the Shoot Off again.

My lessons learned are already in work:

What we did well

What slowed us down

What we could do better

Now I will have both Fireball and Delta Glen muster on Stage One Next year for the shoot off.

Wigley

Wigley,

Without a DOUBT that was the smoothest shoot-off EVER at TLS.....Magnificent organization Cowboy!

We did the Top 32 Overall, Top 8 Ladies, Top 8 Blackpowder, Top 8 Juniors and were still done by 1:30!

Thanks Pard

Stan

Good Idea about Furball and DG...HA....I was thissssssss close.....

Any match that has its scores up before one of the Shooters gets home is doing something right!

I vote with my furry feet every year, traveling all the away across America to attend this match.

I wasn't disappointed.

Yes, by FAR, the best orginized shootoff in TLS history,bar none. Double, hell TRIPLE what you paid Wigley to keep him running ALL future Shoot Offs, he is a genius. GREAT JOB!!

Yes, Stan you were reallllllllllllllly close again this time, felt bad to watch you get beat in the final round. You were a shooting machine up until that final match up, when suddenly the wheels starting shaking loose, while Delta Glen managed to hold things together and get that last plate to fall first. You two guys sure gave us all an exciting finish,

SO will you be setting up an exact replica of the shootoff stage in your backyard, like Jesse Abbate of Team Glock did with the Steel Challenge stages, for a little pre match practice ???

Thought I saw something from Weewahootee about some steel plates are missing ???????

Better luck next year pard, as you sure deserve one those fine SSS trophies from the Dawg.

See ya down the trail,

Black Diamond Doug

Dingo, Murphy and I had a great time at Last Stand. Ever since we left Fl. we have come back every Jan. to shoot this wonderful match. The stages were well written with lots of movement and choices for the shooter. Every year we say it can't get any better. Our hats are off to all that worked so very hard to put on such a wonderful match. Thank you for all you do.

Congratulations to James Samuel Pike for the overall winner, great job. To Dan-its-Darlin, the top lady, for shooting a great match. Santa Fe River Stan and Dang it's Darlin for being the 2011 Florida State Champions. You all are a pleasure to watch. Wish we could have stayed for the shoot-off. I am sure it was a hoot.

We are still on the road trying to get home. Looks like we will be hanging out south for a couple more days. Can't wait to see you all again next year.

Sixgun ;)

The Sunday the Last Stand ends is always the saddest day of the year for me.

As always it was an outstanding match. Great props, super stages and tons of fun. I have been at all of them and this was right up there with the best.

If I could find out who was using my alias to shoot the match, I'd be happier yet.

Great job and hats off to the committee.

Chuckaroo

I’d like to add,

;) Gun Dawg that was a work of art! A monument, why you might even say it was the 10th wonder of the world. Why I bet you can even see it from the Space Shuttle in orbit if they had not got their budget cut to support the development of your trophy.

No, I really thought this should be in Shitsonian Institute of Cowboy History.

Actually Dawg, it truly was a work of art!

Good puppy, now go play…No not their go outside first!

Dumb Dawg…Boy don’t let me get my hands on you!

Bad Dawg!

Wigley

Stan, As usual, you guys outdid yourselves. I enjoyed shooting on the RO posse and seeing everyone. I've talked to Preacherman and if you will have us, we plan on being back next year as RO''s.

Stan, Dan, Delta, Greta, Bob and the whole committee....I apologize that I can't remember all the names. The targets were as advertised.....big and close....I can't believe I managed to miss a couple.

The scenarios were well thought out and fun to shoot....well, all but the box.....lol. Hey, it was all fun...good vendors, food and the man on man was great.....sorry Fireball, I didn't bring you good luck this year.

See you all around Florida the next few months and definitely at The Last Stand next year.

KK

I don't normaly get on the wire, or even post. but this year I just have to say what a cool and wonderfull time I had!!! First time for my son and he is still yelling, whooping, and hollaring about the shoot. At least I beat him...lol.. don't think I could have stood six months of bragging...You guys out did your selves, you really did. Thank you Stan and everybody that helped to put on the Best (in my oppion) shoot ever!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Hugs too all and hope to see my fellow posses members, (even Fireball) again down the trail!

Awesome shoot and adding my thanks to all who helped put this one on! Congratulations to all the winners, even Delta Glen :P Looking forward to seeing everyone there next year!!(even Mama and "the Boy" ;) )

Fire (who's sufferin' a whuppin) ball

And Stan you and the stage writing folks outdid yourselves. I don’t think that I have ever shot 10 stages that were more fun, challenging yet simple, or flowed better at any other match!

See you all down the trail!

-Deadlee & Clan

Applauds to the committee and all who worked hard to put 2011 Last stand together, it showed. The weather was perfect for shooting, the targets big and up close, yet challenging. The stage writing allowing shooters to decide how to shoot many of the stages was outstanding and took a lot of work to perfect this. Splitting posse between morning and afternoons worked perfect also, there never was a hold-up and timing was perfect.

Even though Last Stand had large, close targets, nothing was "too big, nor to close" to miss.

My aim this year was not how fast to shoot it, but to shoot it clean. Which I did, and it wasn't easy.

Again, "How you going to TOP this for 2012". MT

Archived