SASS Wire Forum

SASS catagory help.

The Indiana kidd

had another question... been looking at SASS categories that I would like to join (as I am not in any clubs yet) so not knowing a whole lot about the different categories, I was wondering if anyone could help in suggesting a category for me, based on what I am shooting which is...

-Remington 1858's

-Single barrel shotgun

- (and have yet to attain a rifle)

I appreciate anyones help. thanks

If your 1858's are percussion (cap and ball) then you probably will look at Frontiersman. Although the category says a double shotgun or lever, you can use the single barrel break open to get started. And any pistol caliber rifle will work for you.

Good luck, GJ

You can shoot any age based category, Duelist, Gunfighter, or B Western with the guns you currently have. Frontier Cartridge, Frontiersman, and Classic Cowboy specify a SxS or lever action shotgun, but as Garrison Joe already said, local matches would undoubtedly allow a single shot shotgun at least in Frontier Cartridge and Frontiersman, and probably CC too if it has an external hammer. Your choice of rifle, caliber, and clothing will narrow it down more still.

had another question... been looking at SASS categories that I would like to join (as I am not in any clubs yet) so not knowing a whole lot about the different categories, I was wondering if anyone could help in suggesting a category for me, based on what I am shooting which is...

-Remington 1858's

-Single barrel shotgun

- (and have yet to attain a rifle)

I appreciate anyones help. thanks

Howdy Indiana kid, our club, Atlanta Cattle Company, offers a classes for that. City slickers category allows you to use pretty much what you have. Most of our pards are ready to loan you any guns or leather needed. You will be hooked in no time, we are located in Atlanta Indiana, more info at, www.atlantacattlecompany.com. BEAR CREEK REVEREND

The pistols must have fixed sights for Frontiersman. The single barrel shotgun is legal for Frontiersman and with it, ejectors are allowed..

Archived