SASS Wire Forum

Combining all topics...........

G. P. Cobb

When did we just start to post everthing to the SASS Wire instead of using subject divisions?

I thought the wire was for guns, not movies, cars, horses, hunts, prayer requests, lol, and on and on?

When did we just start to post everthing to the SASS Wire instead of using subject divisions?

I thought the wire was for guns, not movies, cars, horses, hunts, prayer requests, lol, and on and on?

Huh....? ;)

Huh....? ;)

The SASS Wire Saloon is the Social Gathering Spot to discuss topics not directly related to shooting in SASS Cowboy Action Shooting.

Sorry I blew up but it get's old wading through piles of "topics not directly related to shooting in SASS Cowboy Action Shooting"

Well... the general rule of thumb has always been.... if it don't look innerestin', don't read it. ;)

Always been that way; always will be. The only thing fretting and fuming about it will get you is an early grave. ;)

Or a room with padding.. lol

Well... the general rule of thumb has always been.... if it don't look innerestin', don't read it. :wub:

Yup...ain't hard to do. Plus...Moderators know what to do.

GG ~ :unsure:

It's getting worse over there of late. 10 years ago The Wire was almost exclusively dedicated to threads on gear, clothing, guns and shooting techiques. I learned a tremendous amount about the sport from it.

The Wire is supposed to be about cowboy action shooting related stuff but that guideline seems to be ignored more and more and many threads that would be more appropriate for the Saloon are posted on The Wire these days. I don't know why.

Saying "Don't read it if ya don't like it", sounds good but a lot of posts have titles that don't really inform you what the subject is until you open it. I suspect that's done intentionally sometimes.

It's not a big deal but it's an irritant sometimes. I try to follow the rules and keep the goofy stuff here in the Saloon myself.

It's getting worse over there of late. 10 years ago The Wire was almost exclusively dedicated to threads on gear, clothing, guns and shooting techiques. I learned a tremendous amount about the sport from it.

The Wire is supposed to be about cowboy action shooting related stuff but that guideline seems to be ignored more and more and many threads that would be more appropriate for the Saloon are posted on The Wire these days. I don't know why.

Saying "Don't read it if ya don't like it", sounds good but a lot of posts have titles that don't really inform you what the subject is until you open it. I suspect that's done intentionally sometimes.

It's not a big deal but it's an irritant sometimes. I try to follow the rules and keep the goofy stuff here in the Saloon myself.

Bob I'd prefer to call it fun stuff....it seems the really goofy threads and often personal diatribes are all on the wire. ;)

Archived