SASS Wire Forum

Sparta Il range

Yes. Big camp ground.

I grew up in Chester and played football against them. Been a while though. Talked to one of

my local friends that grew up in Sparta but married a Chester girl I went to school with.

He said they had not won a foot ball game in three years, but Chester had won the division

championship. I just had to rub that in.

I would like to see that new complex and maybe shoot a few stages there someday. Of course if

I go back, I will need a month to visit with family and friends.

Lots of memories in that area for me.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

BMC

HI-JACKIN is what I does best . If we did not swipe eachothers post ,we might be accused of not DRIVILIN .

Any way I got the info I wanted on the range , I am trying to figgure out how to make the Triple Crown tour .

I think it should read ROYAL CROWN tour . To make the first 2 legs I will have to tent camp or sleep in the camper shell on the Ranger P/U .

Ain't real sure but I may have to do that at CAC Oh well I guess what will be will be .

See ya down the trail

CB

I can't speak for the Triple Crown or ANYTHING that goes on at Sparta in the future...But I can tell you what's been done in the past.

There are over 1000 camp sites...some with full hook-ups and some with less. They don't care what you sleep in...coach, camper, tent or bus.

For The Midwest Classic and the State Championship, they have allowed tent camping directly across from the range. Now...I don't know if that is going to be possible with all the extra events they have planned. They might be using that improvised tent camping area for something else. I don't know.

Bottom line...Yes you can tent camp at Sparta. Is there a special section for tent camping? I don't know.

Clear as mud?

As Charlie just said there is a designated area for tent or dry camping with campers at the range. It is a grassed area and is weather influenced. There were several people there at the 2010 Open. I'll bet you can find a place to pitch a tent.

If I can make the MWC. It will e in a tent.

But I am going to put it up around the shower house and bathrooms. :)

Easy to get to and take care of things. :blink:

Can still use the hook-ups for a fan and light in the tent.

I'm stayin at the Red River Inn for CaC, made my reservations Saturday from my cell phone at the range.

Spent more than a few nights sleeping in a pickup, I'd need a whole jug of advil if I did it now. Besides, I can't wake up well without a hot shower.

One of the great reasons for La Quinta Inn in Albany, Oregon last summer.

Willie Wheelgun is more hardy that wussie BMC. He stayed at Saddle Butte and

slept in his tin tipi. Even camped at Ft. Courage with the social misfits. Momma told

me I could not play with the bad boys so I had to stay in the Motel.

I suffered in that soft bed with the hot shower in the room.

Archived