SASS Wire Forum

ot kel tec

I have a Kel-tec P11 (compact 9mm) that I have been extremely happy with. The only jam that I have ever had with it was when I was intentionally limp-wristing it trying to induse a failure. I did do the famous Kel-tec "fluff-and-buff" to it which consists of smoothing the rails and polishing the feed ramp. I look at it like a Stoeger; they are cheap because you have to do some of the finer finishing jobs. If you know this going in, you will be happy with it; if you expect HK quality at a Kel-tec price, you will likely be disappointed.

Guest diablo slim shootist

i WENT TO YOU TUBE AND WATCHED ONE BEING FIRED WOW!!

30 round clip and one in the tube with 2 extra clips thats almost 100 rounds.

they have a full auto version with a shoulder stock that puts out a fire ball

. Is it a good gun -who knows but its way cool! :D

/there are piles of 22 automatics and they just work great.

The 22 mag is a totally different story.

Even the 10/22 couldnt handle the 22 mag.

So you might want to wait just a bit and see if these really run.

Kel tec might just have the answer.

And more power to em if they have a winner.

Best

CR

I was interested in buying one, my dealer contacted 3 distributors, all said that Kel Tec had delayed release due to some problems.

Kel Tec on the porblem & delay with the PMR 30.

"We don’t heat treat everything in-house. To heat treat on that large of a scale effectively requires equipment we don’t have, so we send them out to a local supplier. We had received a large batch of our barrels back from heat treatment only to realize that they were not heat treated properly. We will absolutely not ship firearms with a glaring issue like this, so we held off on sending them until they were corrected. We realized that it would cause some animosity towards us, but we’d rather have that than a firearm that could have serious flaws.

During the second trip back for heat treatment there was yet another snag of which we were not made immediately aware. Apparently our heat treatment supplier’s machine had gone down, causing them to outsource the work to another local facility. They did not inform us of this. So we were waiting and waiting to receive barrels, which normally are a 1-week turn-around; 1-week came and passed and still no barrels. Finally we got them back and were then informed of the fact they needed to be sent to another heat treatment facility.

This was about a 2.5week lull of not getting very many barrels. Some of the barrels we received were heat treated properly, so we shipped what we could while waiting for our supplier to get back up and running. This was in the 130-150 range.

Their problem has since been corrected and now we’re getting back on track with our normal production schedule. We have 1000s of PMR-30s waiting to ship that have no barrels. We have about 300 completed pistols shipping this week, and have about 450 barrels out to heat treatment that we will receive next week. After that things should continue to ship at the normal 500/week rate that we expected to have been shipping by this point.

We understand everyone’s frustration and sincerely apologize for the wait you’ve had to endure for this pistol."

It shouldn't be long before all their distributors have them in stock. A friend got one a couple weeks ago. He had two problems with his. 1. He said the barrel gets hot after rapid firing a full mag. 2. He can only get about 24 rounds in his magazine. The latter should improve after it gets broken in. If not he'll send the mag back to Kel Tec.

I'm on the waiting list with a couple dealers.

If you just can't wait, and have money burning a hole in your pocket there's one for sale on Guns America for $625 + $25 shipping. http://www.gunsamerica.com/923437232/Guns/...MR_30_22WMR.htm#

MSRP is $415.00. But I'll be able to buy one for $319.00 tax.

I have a Kel-Tec .380. Most uncomfortable gun to shoot I've ever owned. It is so abrasive to my trigger finger that I can only fire eight to twelve rounds before having to stop. It's also very unreliable and often fails to feed the next round completely. I'm used to a 1911, so a limp wrist isn't the problem. I've had it worked on several times to no avail. It's a great candidate for an appearance at the next gun show.

My Colt detective Special is a bit bigger, but it goes BANG every time I pull the trigger.

GIT

Well I've got a little Kel Tec 32 auto & it isn't bad at all to shoot & it functions fine after breaking it in. The .380 is just too big for the size of the pistol. It isn't a plinker, but strictly a belly to belly confrontation gun.

Just about all the Keltec pistols are based on the old Grendals designed by George Kellgren. I'm not sure exactly what the relationships is but IIRC he is also the designer of the current" KEL"tecs. I haven't had one of the current 22mag pistol from keltec to compare but Grendel offerred a 22mag, too. Just from the pictures they look a lot alike at least in the working parts.

That said I've sold and owned many of the keltec. When the p-11 came out I had orders for eight of them and got them all at the same time. So, me and friend took them all to the range for some testing. We took every brnad of 9mm we had from factory defensive loads down to lead reloads. Every gun ran just fine with every ammo except the hard chrome I bough for myself. it stutted on the lead loads but I later polished the breech fase so the rim could slip up easier and I still have gun so it's working just fine.

My wife carries the P-32 anther reliable gun. It's basically the same platform as the 3 AT. I feel it's too small/light for the 380.

I also have one of the KELTEC SUB-RIFLES in 40 S&W that accepts my Glock 22 mags.

KELTEC SUB-RIFLE unfolded

All in all I think the Keltecs are the best available in their price range.

:unsure::lol::lol::lol::D

We have had some various Kel Tecs in the shop. Most have been better quality than I would've guessed. :wub:

We are still waiting for the .22 WMR 30-shooter. None were available the last time I checked.

Mustang Gregg

Wild West Arms

My local dealer has sold one so far. The buyer's only complaint was that he can only get 25 rounds in the clip. He has others wanting them, me included. He says he can't get them right now. Out the door price is about $325. Looks like a fun gun.

Another gun we won't be able to get in California. Rats! :wub:

I know this is a little of topic, but who has heard about the RFB. Maybe wrong term, but the new 308.

Shenny

Archived