SASS Wire Forum

Tucson Shooting... not the gun.. its the pot..

Deja Vous

I just read the article.. and that better not blame this one on guns... A nut on drugs with a hoodie did this.. Sad news, even worse that they have to use a gun.... now if he would have run them down in his VW you would not hear a word abou the VW... only about the act...

Neither the gun.... nor the drugs... nor the car he drove in on did this, Deja. He did it.

How do you stop a crazy person from doing what they decide to do? This senseless act will be investigated and debated in the media for days to come, with all the pundits debating what caused this to happen. I know much will be made of his gun and why he had it. They are calling it an automatic with a high capacity magazine. At first they said it was an automatic rifle. Most in the media would not know an automatic weapon from a screwdriver. His drug use will be investigated. Pot didn't make him go crazy, though other drugs could affect him a great deal. I've never heard of people doing violence after using pot. His classmates said he was prone to non-sensical outbursts. Brother King is right, HE did this, and whatever weapon he choose to use he would have gotten similar results. I think that's where the term "senseless tragedy" comes from. After all the pundits are done and some new news story grabs the attention of the town criers, no one will have an acceptable explanation for all this. Simply because there isn't one. I pray for peace and comfort for all those affected by this coward. I hope all who are injured recover. Politicians are human beings, too, with loved ones and a life that deserves to be uninterrupted. Vote them out or run against them, but when a crazy man is hell bent on hurting someone, I'm at a loss as to how you identify them and stop them. God be with all those who are suffering from this madman's hand...

One clueless reporter described the Glock as having a thirty round magazine. Wonder what their agenda is??

The looney left will use this tragic event to push for outlawing private ownership of firearms and getting rid of those who disagree with them in public, like Beck, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Palin and the rest. Just watch. I am not surprised.

O'Meara

Here is maybe a solution... We know for a fact he didt it! Ok, lets casturate the sob to prevent him from reproducing just in case some jury or judge finds him incompetent to stand trial. Then if he is found guilty execute him within 36 hours!

I mean we to it to bull calves, dont we?

Tascosa

I saw dis on da news dis mornin'. Dis is a very sad day indeed.

Like Brother King said and I agree, it is of his own actions, period !! :D

From what I can see, the guy was all over the place as far as politics. Has everything from liberal, to Libertarian to racist ideologies all fighting it out in a clearly disturbed mind. So the question would be: What position that Giffords took set this guy off? :D She clearly does not pander 100% to the left or the right. :FlagAm:

This guy has a lot more in common with John Hinkley than Timothy McVeigh (a pox be on both of them).

The liberal blogosphere already has indicted Sarah Palin for the whole affair. Business as usual before the blood has dried.

SQQ

A Facebook "Friend" wrote that Giffords was shot dead just minutes after the event. He went on to mention Sarah Palin and the cross-hair map. He concluded that the Right was destroying the country. As I said, he posted this only moments after the event.

The only correct info he had was that it happened at a supermarket in Arizona.

I have known this guy for all but the first few months of our lives. Obviously we have not spent much time together over the last 55+ years. If we had he wouldn't believe and pass along the lies does.

This guy has a lot more in common with John Hinkley than Timothy McVeigh (a pox be on both of them).

The liberal blogosphere already has indicted Sarah Palin for the whole affair. Business as usual before the blood has dried.

SQQ

Last night I heard Geraldo on Fox indict Palin on this - shame on him and those that blame others rather than accept that it was solely this punk who is held accountable - him and ONLY him! Geraldo has been a fraud before, but this is the final straw regarding his competence in news journalism.

No simple answer.....just sadness.

CPK

Same here...no words...just prayers albeit my sadness is coupled with anger...

GG ~ :D

Alas, in a free society it is virtually impossible to stop a determined and mentally ill person from committing an act of terrible violence....

Charles Whitman

John Hinckley

Lee Harvey Oswald

Sirhan Sirhan

Mark David Chapman

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I do not condone the way this happened.But how do you go about defending freedoms when they refuse to listen.In my opinion my local government robbed me with a paper gun,they took 600.00 from me becuase it cost me that much to prove what i knew and they already knew that i am not in a flood zone then the surveyor fiddle farted around and it almost cost me thousands until i told him would be contacting him through legal means,two days later everything signed and delivered all of this through Homeland Security..That's just one example.We have voted,we have argued at open meetings, we have contacted our reps the majority wants these intrusive things stopped,but yet in my opinion they hold these so called meetings just for show..Do you declare war first with a militia? The one thing i always notice is,it's always innocent people that get hurt and killed.

So tell me why this guy has his likeness in a statue...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...orical_Park.jpg

How do you stop a crazy person from doing what they decide to do? This senseless act will be investigated and debated in the media for days to come, with all the pundits debating what caused this to happen. I know much will be made of his gun and why he had it. They are calling it an automatic with a high capacity magazine.

OK, we will call something like the 1911 a Colt Auto. We have rounds like the .45 ACP, that is AUTOMATIC Colt Pistol. So..it IS. Auto LOADER. Just not full auto. Reports, as Blackwater points out below, indicate that he did indeed have true high capacity magazines, last I saw was a 30 rounder in the gun, one more 30 rounder, and then two standards of about 15 rounds.

One clueless reporter described the Glock as having a thirty round magazine. Wonder what their agenda is??

Yeah, all 10 rounders like this: Glock magazines

Let's please bash the press for cause, not because we don't know all there is to know.

If drugs were involved it was more likely to be ritalin.

Yup - sure ain't gonna be the 'pot' makes this kinda thing happen, sorry folks...but 'Reefer Madness' is fiction...but hey, even alcohol is known to be more sinister. Even so - the onus is on the individual: he is the ONLY one accountable.

G ( I feel like a drink right now)G ~ :D

SQQ

If you spin it far enough, Obama is to blame: Loughner had a web post showing a figure burning a US flag - Bill Ayers advocates flag-burning; Bill Ayers supports Obama and Obama defends Ayers, ergo Obama is to blame for this demented individual's actions.

Sauce for the goose...

Yup - sure ain't gonna be the 'pot' makes this kinda thing happen, sorry folks...but 'Reefer Madness' is fiction...but hey, even alcohol is known to be more sinister. Even so - the onus is on the individual: he is the ONLY one accountable.

G ( I feel like a drink right now)G ~ ;)

Yup, I've known my share of stoners in my time, and I can't think of a single one that would even remotely consider such a thing..Most of them don't even like guns..I've seen far more lives ruined from too much booze than casual marijuana use.

The guy was simply another nut job with some twisted agenda..My condolences and sympathy go out to the victims and their families..

Rest assured however, that the anti's will exploit this unfortunate tragedy for all they can milk out of it..The Brady center has already made references to the fact there's too many guns around., The wife heard on the news the lady's father made a statement to the press in which he said the entire Tea Party was enemies with her.

Interesting that after that major shot a bunch of folks while yelling allahu Akbar, or whatever, all the talking heads said not to jump to any conclusions about it having anything to do with Islam, but now the bodies aren't even cold yet (God Bless em) and they're already blaming Sarah Palin.

What a tragedy... it's too bad all the liberals will chalk this up to Arizona's loose gun laws and mean old conservitives, not some insane dirt bag who should be drug out in the street and shot like the animal he is. Prayers up for the victims and their families, it's just too bad that the senior citizen who tackled the guy didn't just shoot him. They said in the article I read that "politics has gotten too personal" like the physcopath who shot those people was the average conservitive. gotta love how the liberals expoit even a terrible tragedy to further thier own twisted agenda.

Over the weekend 96 million law abiding firearm owners did not harm anyone

prayers for them that's affected by this senseless act

OK, we will call something like the 1911 a Colt Auto. We have rounds like the .45 ACP, that is AUTOMATIC Colt Pistol. So..it IS. Auto LOADER. Just not full auto. Reports, as Blackwater points out below, indicate that he did indeed have true high capacity magazines, last I saw was a 30 rounder in the gun, one more 30 rounder, and then two standards of about 15 rounds.

Yeah, all 10 rounders like this: Glock magazines

Let's please bash the press for cause, not because we don't know all there is to know.

If you read a little further, you will see that I stated the press first reported it was an automatic rifle. My point simply being the press will report to get the story out 1st, regardless of the facts. I personally call semi-autos by the same name...

Archived