SASS Wire Forum

I met Wolffee today.. Wolfgang the guy who is building

Deja Vous

stuff all the time.. lol.

So, here goes... I left Riverside a bit late, and I was told the GPS would not get me there, the last few miles it would lead you into the desert to be lost... ahhh did I listen.. yeah, but I had to try.. lol. Anyhow, I had no idea how long it would take for sure, but JJJ's helped me out last night and so I kinda had a clue of about 2 hours. However in Deja Lost in Space time that translates into a bittttttt longgggeerrrrr... lol... I got lost three times, twice just looking at stuff and missed my turn and when I miss I turn I miss it for a long ways.. lol.. the last time was cuz I wanted to know.. lol

Anyhow.. the place was very cool, they have done a wonderful job of rebuilding a old kinda town, made me feel like I had stepped back in time. Got my photo taken a lot.. lol.. Thanks ya'll but you will be sorry when your lense breaks.. and I took a few photos.. I will wait to make sure I can post them on here when Wolfees gets back from up there. It was nice spending a quiet day in the mountains, talking to an old friend that I had never meet.. lol.. Wolffees is a very nice man, a true brother and I really enjoyed the conversation. They even fed me...very sweet.. Walking the board walks and dirt streets of the past is something I can never seem to get enough of. Man would it be cold to live like that everyday, like the owner does, course he has a house too so all the modern stuff for at night.. lol... But playing all day was fun, dressing up and just hanging out with cowboys.. very coool.........

On the way home I came racing out of the mountains lips glued to the water bottle .. and I saw the wind generators ahead.. Man what a day... The wild west, into the mountains and desert and then to the future... My mind said this is where I want to be someday.. maybe ashes scattered about under the generators up to the dirt roads and boardwalks of the past. Being raised too far from civilation as a kid I am sure did not help me much.. loll.. I love the silence of the mountains, the sounds of a stream, the blue of the sky, the warmth of the sun... course the company was very nice, they all let me be quiet and soak it all in from time to time. I was in heaven today, no doubt about it. As I sailed thru the mountain roads on to the freeways of life I was shooting photos with my cell phone and sending them to my best friend JJJ's .... and I thought, I am crazy .... cuz I am taking photos to make memories of things that are in my head everyday... and I am driving 80 while I am doing it.. lol.. Okay just kidding.. The day was nice, I hope yours was too....

My day was pretty good. I started it out by sleeping way late, then got up and puttered around getting the snowblower out of the back yard into the garage and rounding up gas cans so I have something to feed it. Then went out to a fairly new outdoors store, whose sister store an hour away carries lots of reloading stuff. Well, they still didn't have powder in, don't carry shotgun wads, and don't ever plan on carrying shot. Something about lead being a commodity and customers wouldn't understand the fluctuating prices. They did have shotgun primers, but I put them back after learning they didn't have anything else I needed. Then picked up some new wiper blades for my Honda, dang, never did get them put on. Filled up the gas cans and then back home with some lunch. Tumbled a load of brass and watched some John Wayne movies.

So generally just a lazy Saturday, it was nice. Winter storm warning tomorrow, they say 4-8 inches of snow, we'll see if that actually happens or not, but if it does, at least the snow blower is ready now.

Grizz

Deja,

Sound like ya' took Hwy-58 through Mojave,

They's lotsa windmills (1,000's) on them hills ;)

Ah grew'd up thar an explored ever inch :angry:

Nice area too, but this one was palm desert and the 247 into the mountains.. Very cool....

Wow, your description was so vivid I almost felt like I was there...

Be happy you were not .. my alter ego took over behind the wheel and I was gripping the dash board with my eyes shut. lol... Nah.. it was a nice day... very cool.

My day was pretty good. I started it out by sleeping way late, then got up and puttered around getting the snowblower out of the back yard into the garage and rounding up gas cans so I have something to feed it. Then went out to a fairly new outdoors store, whose sister store an hour away carries lots of reloading stuff. Well, they still didn't have powder in, don't carry shotgun wads, and don't ever plan on carrying shot. Something about lead being a commodity and customers wouldn't understand the fluctuating prices. They did have shotgun primers, but I put them back after learning they didn't have anything else I needed. Then picked up some new wiper blades for my Honda, dang, never did get them put on. Filled up the gas cans and then back home with some lunch. Tumbled a load of brass and watched some John Wayne movies.

So generally just a lazy Saturday, it was nice. Winter storm warning tomorrow, they say 4-8 inches of snow, we'll see if that actually happens or not, but if it does, at least the snow blower is ready now.

Grizz

Grizzes, 4-8 inches of snow, the snow blower and WARM do not go together.. lol

My day was just layed back and lazy day.

Didn't do much at all, fer a change.

But tomarrow, be doing some reloadin'. ;)

Yeah, I need to get serious about reloadin too, checked the ammo cabinet, only got about 300 38s left, way too low for me. After tumbling a load of brass today, I have about 2000 cases ready to load, or in varying stages of loading. As I couldn't find shotgun shell components today, I guess loading shotshells will have to wait, though I reckon I could go ahead and set up that new Lee LoadAll and decap a bunch of hulls. Though I imagine the 38s will keep me busy for a while on my rockchucker.

So what about the movie people?

Was they there?

Are you on film?

Is you gonna be discovered?

I got a title fer your first western...

"Back to the West - LoL"

JJJ-D

;):angry:

So what about the movie people?

Was they there?

Are you on film?

Is you gonna be discovered?

I got a title fer your first western...

"Back to the West - LoL"

JJJ-D

;):angry:

Yes, they were there, and I got to walk down the boardwalk on film.. So we will see if I am a background cast, or end up on the darkroom floor.. lol.... I was discovered a long time ago, just not in the way you would think... lol... In second grade my part in a play was to ring the bell, and then we would sing oh Christmas Tree, I rang the bell started laugh turned to run off stage and ran into the christmas tree.. ah.. yeah, kinda ruin the song as the tree was crashing to the ground.. lol. Instant star, huh? lol As you well know, Jitterys, Grace is not my middle name.. lol.....

Did you feel like you had been there before?Baaaa haaa haaa

it was just Deja Vous ;):angry:

I hate then dern windmills,messes up the view..

Yea,i sorta like Ole Wolfy too.. :D He shore knows a good shootgun when he sees one..

Did you feel like you had been there before?Baaaa haaa haaa

it was just Deja Vous ;):angry:

I hate then dern windmills,messes up the view..

Yea,i sorta like Ole Wolfy too.. :D He shore knows a good shootgun when he sees one..

Wolffees was in his element.. exactly where he wanted to be!!! He loved being there in cowboy town, and he enjoyed talking about it and showing me around. Nice tour guide.. lol.... And I did nothing wrong all day long, and I was even quiet when i was told to be.. lol.. We walked out into the desert to see an movie shack too and that was pretty cool... neat place.. very cool... Perfect for our friend Wolffes.. I can see him walking the streets of the old town reading true grit.. lol

Deja . . . I'm back to "civilization" . . . :FlagAm: or whut ever it is . . . . good to miss all the "news" for three days with no internt, TV, phone . . . .very good considerin' what is on the news once I start hearing / seeing it again. Will post up a page of pictures this evening. Wuz a fun day . . . ;):wacko:

Well, I want to brag, uh, I mean talk about my weekend.

It was a True Grit weekend.

Saturday Monte & I went to the theater to watch True Grit.

Sunday we watched the original True Grit.

Oh, and Saturday night we finished Deadwood series. 40 hours of video. I wonder what Al, Trixie, Alma, Sal and Seth are doing now. Wonder if the doc got over his "cold". Hmmmm. I'm kinda missin' 'em all. They've been in my living room almost every night for two weeks. lol

Deja, what a wonderful day you had!!!

Well, I want to brag, uh, I mean talk about my weekend.

It was a True Grit weekend.

Saturday Monte & I went to the theater to watch True Grit.

Sunday we watched the original True Grit.

Oh, and Saturday night we finished Deadwood series. 40 hours of video. I wonder what Al, Trixie, Alma, Sal and Seth are doing now. Wonder if the doc got over his "cold". Hmmmm. I'm kinda missin' 'em all. They've been in my living room almost every night for two weeks. lol

Deja, what a wonderful day you had!!!

True grit was so perfect, I loved it... And yep the day was fun... Deadwood, one of my favorites. I know a lot of people didn't like the language, and you know me Dogwoods, I don't swear... but in this case I was fine with it. It kinda seems like they might have been pretty wild back then, so I sort of expected it. I am glad you are doing good!!! hugs...

Archived