SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boss Hoss Fly #63711

WTB- Marlin 336 Buttstock

Need a used uncut one -

Really dont care bout looks/finish- Jest no missin wood :wacko:

Also wud love to find a ROUND front site hood but the curvey one wud do :blink:

Need it for a shooter :lol:

Thanks fer any help-

Hoss

BTW, I know bout Numrich 'n such places- just always ask here first - rather give ma cash to ma freinds :)

I have a laminated one with the black recoil pad. It had a small crack at the tang area... was repaired with a cross drilled hole and piece of dowel. Hard too see. Like new otherwise. Gun was not fired from box.

If you can use it I'm sure we can make a deal..how about 2 bowls of chili and a box of crackers..or sumthin close.

I have a laminated one with the black recoil pad. It had a small crack at the tang area... was repaired with a cross drilled hole and piece of dowel. Hard too see. Like new otherwise. Gun was not fired from box.

If you can use it I'm sure we can make a deal..how about 2 bowls of chili and a box of crackers..or sumthin close.

Dang thats a high price ta pay :):o

Thanks my freind- very gererous offer but lookin for plain ole wood - THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS ASK HERE FIRST!

BEST group anywhere for wantin to help out :lol:

Its for my birthday present from my wife & want to match pretty close - the one on it has a couple bad hunks gone out the tang area :blink:

Course it being near zackly old as me its no wunder :wacko:

PICTURE

ok..

I had found this crack when I took the stock off to change the hammer spring..I called Marlin and offerd the stock and a copy of the sales receipt...they said they didn't want it back....they sent me a new one. Great service from Marlin!

I have a 1954 336 that is about 95 percent. I shoot in Cody-Dixon matches when I'm in the mood. That's my birth year....got a 16 gauge 97 that year too.

I hope you can find a stock at a good deal

take care

ok..

I had found this crack when I took the stock off to change the hammer spring..I called Marlin and offerd the stock and a copy of the sales receipt...they said they didn't want it back....they sent me a new one. Great service from Marlin!

I have a 1954 336 that is about 95 percent. I shoot in Cody-Dixon matches when I'm in the mood. That's my birth year....got a 16 gauge 97 that year too.

I hope you can find a stock at a good deal

take care

Thanks Dusty- It bein born the same year as me + a "musta been hard to find" gift from the wife i wanna do it up right but wanna keep it in close to "as found" condition as possible-

But since the stock aint original anyways just close but whole will make me happy :wacko:

Best to ya my friend :blink:

I know a guy that might have one. It came off a gun that was not in a fire but was "close" to a fire. He put new wood on the gun. If the old stock is usable I can get it for free. Let me check and I'll get back to ya.

I know a guy that might have one. It came off a gun that was not in a fire but was "close" to a fire. He put new wood on the gun. If the old stock is usable I can get it for free. Let me check and I'll get back to ya.

Much appreciated Doc!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.