SASS Wire Forum

Rollin' yer own

Rye Miles #13621

Anyone out here roll their own smokes? I only smoke 1- 2 cigarettes a day. I smoke more at shoots but still not more than 6 or 7 on a heavy day. I like to roll my own cause it gets me into a "back in the day" mood. I roll by hand and Bugler or Top is what I buy. Anyone else?

Warning: Please you anti-smokers can just pass this up I don't need yer preachin' :D

Occasionally and Tops pretty good. Most times you can get bulk tobacco cheaper. I bought a lot of it from the Choctaw smoke shop here locally.

One thing you don't do. I bought a half case of Bull Durham still in the bags with tags that was 40 or so years old. Gag a maggot!

I think you can still buy Bull Durham though and the little tag hanging out your pocket like the old timers of my younger days looks pretty cool.

Occasionally and Tops pretty good. Most times you can get bulk tobacco cheaper. I bought a lot of it from the Choctaw smoke shop here locally.

One thing you don't do. I bought a half case of Bull Durham still in the bags with tags that was 40 or so years old. Gag a maggot!

I think you can still buy Bull Durham though and the little tag hanging out your pocket like the old timers of my younger days looks pretty cool.

I remember Bull Durham, horrible stuff to roll as it was so fine. It was like trying to roll sand, you had to twist the end or if you tilted your head downwards all the tobacco would fall out. :D

Yes Sir Rye. I rolled my own, 4 packs a day fer 39 years !!! But da Sawbones said I had to quit.

BUT, ...I like to smoke one every now and again.

Got a cloth bag of da very 1st Winston cig tobacco (or "Baccer" as da growers call it) to carry in my vest pocket at matchs.

Got purty good at hand rollin'em. Not as frim as a rollin' machine but close.

I used a tobacco blend dat has just enough pipe tobacco in it to use the "Pipe Tobacco" name so I dont have to pay higher taxes on my "baccer" !! :D

Bugler is ruff and Top aint much better, IMHO. :wacko:

Bull Durham is purty damn fine baccer. Better used in pipes.

Anyone out here roll their own smokes? I only smoke 1- 2 cigarettes a day. I smoke more at shoots but still not more than 6 or 7 on a heavy day. I like to roll my own cause it gets me into a "back in the day" mood. I roll by hand and Bugler or Top is what I buy. Anyone else?

Warning: Please you anti-smokers can just pass this up I don't need yer preachin' :blink:

Oh..your talkin' bout the legal stuff...guess I can't help :lol:

G ( who is non-smoking, but supportive of smoker's rights) G ~ :wacko:

I have all the makins just don't use em.Old match holder,cig case,roller under cig case,leather baccy pouch with baccy in "er"..Have a drink,roll a smoke, and SPINN'ER!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...k/makins001.jpg

Back in my youth I used to smoke a pipe some, and roll my own cigs using the pipe tobaccer. Then after watching a bunch of Clint Eastwood westerns, I was on a swisher sweet cigarillo I think they were kick, til one day I got in my truck and the stench about knocked me out.

Yup. But, muh fingers ain't very co-operative. So I got me one of them "Little Rollers" from the smoke shop ta' carry in muh vest.

I use Four Aces pipe "baccer" and stick matches in a match safe while at the range ta' be feeling more time period like.

Keep my tobaccy in a leather string top pouch that I also carry in the vest.

I don't know about rolling them but I've be hooked on Clint's Cigars. Look them up if you'd like something pretty good.

I really tried to remember how I rolled a joint but the mary jane has fogged my mind.

I have all the makins just don't use em.Old match holder,cig case,roller under cig case,leather baccy pouch with baccy in "er"..Have a drink,roll a smoke, and SPINN'ER!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...k/makins001.jpg

Hey GunClick Rick, what's all dat stuff in between da two pipes ? :wacko:

I don't smoke, but my granfather did Prince Albert, and cigars... to this day I love the smell of cigars, but not cigarettes.. lol... I think it was because when he smoked around grandmother he got made at him.. so he would sneak off and have a cigar and I was always under foot to enjoy his funny stories while he smoked.

Shux.... I recall bein' a kid back in Texas and sittin' out behind the barn gettin' sick. Seems some old-timer told us 'bout smoking grapevine, and we wuz dumb 'nuff to believe 'im. :angry:;)

Hey, Deja!

Them Prince Albert cans were just the ticket for carryin' marbles 'n' fishin' worms 'n' such after Grampaw finished with 'em!

But ya had to be reeeeal careful not to forget and leave your worm can in Ma's car under the seat on a warm summer day... ;)

Hey, Deja!

Them Prince Albert cans were just the ticket for carryin' marbles 'n' fishin' worms 'n' such after Grampaw finished with 'em!

But ya had to be reeeeal careful not to forget and leave your worm can in Ma's car under the seat on a warm summer day... ;)

lol... Yeah I found a salamendar in IL as a kid and hid it in the basement in the laundry basket.. lol... My step mom loved me everyday.. lol..

I don't smoke, but my granfather did Prince Albert, and cigars... to this day I love the smell of cigars, but not cigarettes.. lol... I think it was because when he smoked around grandmother he got made at him.. so he would sneak off and have a cigar and I was always under foot to enjoy his funny stories while he smoked.

When I go to a match, some times I'll lite up a ceegar dat comes in a pine wood box bout 5" long and bout big round as ya thumb. :angry: And dey is good too !! :D

Can't tell ya da name of da company dat still makes'em fer fear dis post will fall prey to da dreaded BH hole ! ;)

Hey GunClick Rick, what's all dat stuff in between da two pipes ? ;)

a VERY old vest shot glass with a case,Doc Holiday would have carried one like it becuase of TB.An old whiskey bottle,with water coloring :angry: Ain't had a snort in over 30 years,can ya tell,see my nerves~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried rolling my own using the free tobacco they used to give to indigent inmates in the prisons I worked in. There were two brands, Top and Ripple. Top wasn't too bad, but Ripple was some kinda rough, although not as bad as the Iranian cigarettes I tried once in the Air Force.

a VERY old vest shot glass with a case,Doc Holiday would have carried one like it becuase of TB.An old whiskey bottle,with water coloring :lol: Ain't had a snort in over 30 years,can ya tell,see my nerves~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uhhhhhh.....Yeah........I CAN tell :D:FlagAm: !

Back in my youth I used to smoke a pipe some, and roll my own cigs using the pipe tobaccer. Then after watching a bunch of Clint Eastwood westerns, I was on a swisher sweet cigarillo I think they were kick, til one day I got in my truck and the stench about knocked me out.

Were those the ones that were "rum soaked and wine dipped"?

Remember back to my rodeoin' days, I was sittin' in my pick-em up truck and thinkin' bout whar I was goin' next.

I had a can of snuff in my back pants pocket, a pack of roll yur owns in my shrit pocket, wif a bunch of ceegars on da dash !!! :D

Ahhhhhhhhh, da good ole days !! :FlagAm:

Archived