SASS Wire Forum

WTS non cas 1855 pistol carbine

I have for sale, a replica of an 1855 Springfield rifled pistol, also called a Dragoon pistol with a removable buttstock. It is in pretty good condition considering that it was made in the 1960's or 70's. It was made by Antonio Zoli for Dixie Gun works and still has it's original box and safety instruction sheet.The bore has some minor dark spots but still has plenty of shine and HUGE rifling (Three lands and three grooves are equal in width. The gun's rifling twist is not fast enough to stabilize a Minie ball, and from what I read, it was made to shoot .565 or .570 round balls. Blueing and stock finish are still in great shape with only minor dings from handling. If you want to make gigantic smoke clouds and a big boom Here it is!$400.00 plus actual shipping. Would prefer FTF in Ohio, but this is a muzzle loader so may be shipped right to you in most states. Please know if your state will allow you to buy before responding as I am not an FFL dealer but rather just a plain old antique retiree and don't know these things. Will try to attach pictures. First I'll take it here followed by e-mail gets it.

th_100_0073.jpg

th_100_0067.jpg

th_100_0072.jpg

th_100_0069.jpg

Archived