SASS Wire Forum

Triple Crown News

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

WOW!!! I can't believe the last minute registrations for the Midwest Classic. We are soooooo excited. It looks like we are set to have the biggest Classic ever. It is going to be a blast. We are having a new addition to the match, kinda like a side match. On Friday after the main match stages we will be having a 3 man team shoot called The Kaskaskia Team Roundup. The teams will be randomly drawn by using your name badge. There will be 3 stages. Something about that 3 just fits into the triple crown. LOL Be sure to bring enough ammo to play in the team match with us.

There is still room for anyone who would like to shoot the Classic and get into the Triple Crown match. Just email me at kalexa3@yahoo.com with your information and I will get you added and you can pay when you get there.

See ya in Sparta,

Bella :D

Three Cut,

It must be a sign. You should come on and bring that rotton Ray guy with you. LOL

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mose - Empty yer in box!!! Mose,

Just got my and Dimpled Darlin's app in the mail. I know it's not official 'til the check arrives, but I also know you're trying to build posses, we requsted to posse with Partner. I am FCGF & DD is Ladies Senior.

Looking forward to seein' you again - I think I owe you a drink or two of single malt scotch!

CR

Woo-hoo, we're heading out Wed. Can't wait! Maybe I'll get to shoot this time. See everyone soon, be safe! I.M.

6 days and I am outta here and off to Sparta as well! Posse 9...we are gonna have some serious fun! Can't wait to see everyone! I hear this shoot is sponsored in part by Crown Royal!

WOW!! I know I keep saying it, but we are now up to 0ver 140 shooters :blink: with 17 states being represented :o at the Midwest Classic next weekend. Don't miss out. This is gonna be great. Let me know if you would like to come and send me your info to kalexa3@yahoo.com and I'll get you put into the system and you can pay when you get there.

See ya there,

:FlagAm:

WOW!! I know I keep saying it, but we are now up to 0ver 140 shooters :blink: with 17 states being represented :o at the Midwest Classic next weekend. Don't miss out. This is gonna be great. Let me know if you would like to come and send me your info to kalexa3@yahoo.com and I'll get you put into the system and you can pay when you get there.

See ya there,

:FlagAm:

Bella:

Is the WB full? I now have a .45 colt rifle and was hoping to try it out

Oliver

Packed up and ready to go got on the wire and looked up how to transport guns in the state of Ill.

WHAT A MESS,,

GOING ON WHAT T-BONE AND OTHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT THE RANGE THERE I AM GOING TO TRY IT .

Getting there is another problem (Ill is one of the most unfriendly gun states in the USA)

HOW TO HELL DO YOU PROTECT YOUSELF IN ILL?? I am to old and fat to fight, Ill. says no guns, No d-- wonder the crooks like ILL (no d-- wonder yan---- move to TEXAS)

In fact about to change my mind (I well not be barefoot here or there)

Joe Boy,

I know it sounds crazy but it really isn't that bad. If you have your guns in a locked case and ammo in another spot and remember to drive the speed limit you won't have any problems at all. The state police are very active in Southern Il for speeding violations so as long as you are following the speed laws you will not have any problem.

I promise it will be worth the hassle.

See ya there,

Bella

THE CLASSIC IS GONNE BE OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!!!

the party is gonna be hoppin, the friends are gonna be gathered, and the patrons are gonna be LOUD!!!!!!!!

o yea, and there will even be a few rounds thrown down range.

COULD NOT IMAGINE HAVING MORE FUN ANYWHERE ELSE.

next weekend needs to just hurry on up and come around.

btw, if you have not signed up yet, its still not to late. get your info to bella, mose, honey b graceful, or even myself and you can just pay at registration,

dont miss the chance to party hard and throw lead with some of the best around. cuz if my calculations are correct there will be double digit shooters that are current or former world/national champions competing at this shoot (TWO IN MY CATEGORY!!!!!!!!!!!!)

gonna be tough competetion, fun fast stages, friends, music, and more (and im sure plenty of crown will be partaken of)

get signed up and come on out to one ofn the best and biggest ranges our sport has to offer.

hope to see you all there,

MJ, EXCITED FOR THE CLASSIC, SPENCER

Not that I am excited, but just 48 hours and 49 minutes until I pull out and head to Sparta. I hear there is some kind of a party....er...I mean shoot taking place out there. By the way, I am also told that the match is sponsored in part by Crown Royal!

Joe...not to worry....Bella is right....Gunz in case.....Ammo in separate case....all shooting stuff out of reach of driver. that means in trunk or back of suv or truck.

The cops are NOT on a hunt for shooters watch yer speed ( they will usually let ya by with 5 or so over) just keep up with the traffic.

Been shootin and carrying firearms in and out of IL for 30+ years and never had a problem. Been stopped for speeding but never searched or harassed.........See ya in Sparta ........Bandit

Is there a schedule of events for the MIdwest Classic on here somewhere?

I know I saw one at one point, and cant find it now.

Thanks

Snakebite,

Check badlandsbar3.com . I believe we are possied together. Looking forward to seeing you and Skeeter there.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Howdy to all,

If you watch any news or weather at all, you probably know there is a weather front stalled right on top of southern Illinois. If the front moves south we get heavy rain, if the front moves north we get severe weather. The front is supposed to move out Wednesday night or Thursday.

Should have decent weather for the match. Just bring some rain gear and boots you don't mind getting muddy.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Howdy to all,

If you watch any news or weather at all, you probably know there is a weather front stalled right on top of southern Illinois. If the front moves south we get heavy rain, if the front moves north we get severe weather. The front is supposed to move out Wednesday night or Thursday.

Should have decent weather for the match. Just bring some rain gear and boots you don't mind getting muddy.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

You're just a ray of sunshine...ain'tcha ;):lol:

You're just a ray of sunshine...ain'tcha ;):lol:

Sarge,

Don't shoot the messenger, but it just keeps getting better. This evening's long range forecasts out of St. Louis and Cape Girardeau say there is a chance of storms on Saturday. For those unfamiliar with the area Sparta is a little east of a line running from St Louis to Cape and roughly 1/2 way between north to south.

On the up side if there is a chance of storms there is also a chance it won't storm. On another upside they are calling for high temps in the upper 60's and 70's so very nice by any standards.

Smoke

just eight more working hours to get thru....then scheduled vacation days kick in.....And im comin shootin...yeaee haww. doc and I are pullin out early wed....see yall soon.

1. lock everything up guns ammo ect.

2.check all pocket knifes can not be over 3in

3.check weather

4.do not but gas in Ill.

5.do not speed in Ill.

6.make sure I have loaded all of my meds.

7.pack rain gear

HEADED YOUR WAY no no trail boss is not here ,can not leave him here he is paying for 1/2 of the gas

8. do not leave Trail Boss

IF I GET LOST WHO DO I CALL?????

Joe Boy

25.5 hours till the bunkhouse pulls out. Mark, I am almost ready! I am plannin on more fun than a vulture at a renderin plant! Now that is fun! This shoot is sponsored in part by Crown Royal!

Had a beautiful day here today in Sparta, IL. It was in the mid 70's sunny with lots of Sparta wind. LOL Everything is drying up nicely. We will however have to park the vendors diffrently than normal due to the soft ground. We will be parking in the asphalt instead. Everything else will be pretty much the same. The stages are all set and I know lots of people will be showing up tomorrow.We are looking forward to a great shoot and lots of fun.

Bella :lol:

See you in the morning sometime!!

Was stopped by an Illinois State Trooper a couple months ago. (failure to signal lane change).

Gun leather( two rigs) hanging in the back seat in full view.

Trooper: Where you headed today?

Us: Litchfield for a cowboy action shoot.

Trooper: You have guns in the truck?

Us: Nine in the back.

Trooper: Sounds like fun. Have a nice day.

Was stopped by an Illinois State Trooper a couple months ago. (failure to signal lane change).

Gun leather( two rigs) hanging in the back seat in full view.

Trooper: Where you headed today?

Us: Litchfield for a cowboy action shoot.

Trooper: You have guns in the truck?

Us: Nine in the back.

Trooper: Sounds like fun. Have a nice day.

Partner get older - problem becomes leaving the turn signal on :lol:

Gonna hit the road tonight. See y'all in the morning :FlagAm:

CR

All my friends are headed to Sparta and I'm still in Texas. I will not be at the Match this year due to unforeseen attorney fee's you can ask for details from the Gang at the shoot or I can tell ya in person later on... Life is still good in Texas and I am happy as ever. Plans have changed for my future !!!! The Original Gun shop will re-open late fall 2011, yall wait to make your next purchase of firearms.....Need a deal CALL Bill !!!Still wish I was in Sparta...Rain or Not. Good luck to all and Oh Yea.. The Triple Crown is gonna get bigger next year. Yall have FUN !!!! T-Bone

Archived