SASS Wire Forum

Triple Crown News

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

Updated shooters list here http://www.badlandsbar3.com/MWC-ShooterList2011.htm

I spent the day at the WORLD SHOOTING COMPLEX and have some good news .

First for the Midwest Classic :

I have been asked many times if we could hold some Long Range side matches so YES WE CAN. Dennis (range manager at TWSC) made us a long range shooting area , right next to the cowboy range , that will have up to 200 yards for a long range side match . Break out the big smoke poles.

Back 40 has a great WILD BUNCH match planned for us to warm up for the STATE WILD BUNCH MATCH a few weeks later.( more details to come on that)

We will be offering a shoot thru possee on SATURDAY for anyone that can not make it on FRIDAY so come on play Iron Man and shoot 10 stages in one day.

The Midwest Classic will be an ALL INCLUSIVE match including all sidematches, lunch and a party on Friday ,lunch and a banquet on Saturday.

Back 40 is working on some awsome raffle prizes for his raffle on Saturday night and ALL proceds will go to range improvements on the COWBOY range.

NOW FOR THE U.S. OPEN

The U.S. OPEN will now be part of the WESTERN EXTRAVAGANZA!! we are putting together for that weekend.

I met with the promoter yesterday and The World Shooting Shooting Complex will be hosting a World class Bar B Q ( I think it was a Pit Masters ) competition on Friday and Saturday .

We aksed what goes better with Cowboys and Food and the answer seemd to be RODEO !! ( it was really alcohol but thats covered)

SOOO!! There will be a Professional Rodeo happening on Friday and Saturday ALSO.

Now I ask what does a Rodeo need and the answer was a big concert .

SOO!!! Saturday night will host a Top Country Artist Concert in the Rodeo Arena. (artist will be named later but rumor is Luke Bryan )

The rodeo and concert will be hosted by a promoter so there will be an cost involved for tickets to the events but I have a secured a discounted rate for anyone shooting the match more details on that in a few days ( I am still beating him up on price)

We have a few more big items we are working on but will not say untill we have a for sure and certain they will happen.

We are working with Hotels and Motels in the area for discounted rates.

This EXTRAVAGANZA will draw thousands of spectactors to the range so we can strut our stuff to so many new faces and expose them to the great world of COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING . We can go to the rodeo and show how they should be dressed also.HA HA

Get Your entries sent in I bet this one fills up fast.

SEE YA AT SPARTA

MOSE

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well first Mose, let me thank you for all the time and effort that you have been putting in to make this the Triple Crown the greatest experience, that will never be out done, in the history of CAS! You the man! From the sound of it, the only people who would miss an event like this would be fools and liberals! The only thing that scares me is all the grease from the BBQ on my fingers when I go to shoot!

What Mose forgot to mention was, that this shoot is sponsored, in part, by CROWN ROYAL!

Hot Damn is this gonna be big. T Bone, tell us just how big this is gonna be!

Thanks Mose for tha info and hard work you put in for this match.

I can think of 6 er 8 cowpokes that can be talked into a little late night ride over at tha Bull pens on side match night, yep by aroun 10pm er so they'll be about right for it. LOL

RRR

Seems like tha range manager likes helping SASS shooters out up there. Everyone should get behind this match, all ya haft ta do is attend as tha match speaks for itself.

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWW :unsure:

It just keeps getting better.

Wife was to print off entry today for the Open. :FlagAm:

We are BOTH looking forward to this one. :angry:

Still working on making the MWC also.

All I can say is thanks to everyone who helped us get this big ball of wax rolling. The Outlaw Entertainment Group is hosting this FAN-TAB-U-LOUS Trio of Match's. We plan on raising money for the range improvements, get Cowboy Action shooters from all over the World to Sparta, Il. and Texas for the Extravaganza.... How big is that {larger than My First Ex Wife} thanks for asking'. Now for the Midwest Classic, the first leg of the Triple Crown Buckle series.... That says it all Good match, great folks, better food on the range, long range and Wild Bunch with Short 40!! I mean Back 40 . Now The U.S. Open, its the fastest growing match in SASS east of the Mississippi and thats a big thanks to the people and shooters of SASS. We are very lucky to have such a range and a great location to boot. The town of Sparta is one of the nicest, cleanest and well maintained in the world. The people of Sparta are Great !!! Always ready to show or help with anything.... The Match ,,,will Mose said all-- BBQ Cook off, Rodeo, Singing, Shooting and Riding all inside the limits of a State Park.... Check out the World Shooting Compex on the web. You might even see some class's or seminars up in the main building....

Now the Greatest Show on Earth will be held in English ,Texas and its the grand finale or the Triple Crown. Winners will receive a Trophy Buckle with your name on it and everything.. Now if that aint enough Comin"At"Cha is now offering before the match starts --details will follow on dates,,, Texas and Utah CHL class's. cost is $ 35.00 per class, per student and include a great instructor and paperwork needed for class. Check your state to see if you are eligible for a non resident license. Doc do we need more ????? Well just wait around----Mores Coming---- You better rest up before Comin'At'Cha because your gonna be tired when you leave..... This is a pre paid message brought and paid for by the Outlaw Entertainment Group...

Titus your in charge of entertainment at the Midwest Classic this year thanks for Volunteering.. T-Bone

Fanny, can you make me some cookies..,,,I ran out of the last batch.. Thanks ..

Ya'll sign up when you can and hope to see Ya soon. T-Bone

Checks in the mail. Entertainment plans are in the works(Crown Royal may be heavily involved). Cookies are in the oven. Looks like all systems are GO! :FlagAm:

Isn't it always? After all, these matches AND the Dooley Gang are all sponsored in part by Crown Royal!

Dave, we will see ya at CAC 2011. Looking forward to it and seeing all of our old friends... Did you get your package?? T-Bone

T-Bone, I can't wait! Yes, I got the package, thanks so much, you all sure didn't have to do that!

Grizz

T-Bone, I can't wait! Yes, I got the package, thanks so much, you all sure didn't have to do that!

Grizz

Yes Grizz, they don't have to do a lot of things that they do. But, as I'm sure you've found out, when the Dooleys are involved, there is a lot of thing that happen that they don't have to do, BUT THEY DO! Ain't nobody in CAS who is more focused on makin the shooters happy. :D

Yes Grizz, they don't have to do a lot of things that they do. But, as I'm sure you've found out, when the Dooley's are involved, there is a lot of thing that happen that they don't have to do, BUT THEY DO! Ain't nobody in CAS who is more focused on makin the shooters happy. :D

Fannie.....Ya Really hit the nail on the head.....The Dooley's are the best thing that has happened to this sport since it was started....Bandit

Short 40!!

HEY, I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You and T Bone finally letting the cat outta the bag so to speak that you guys are really long lost twin brothers separated at birth and by the grace of God reunited through Cowboy shooting?

Mose...It looks like you and TBone have taken a few durn good matches and moved everything up to the Major Leagues...THIS IS BIG!!

Of all the things I've done in my life that I regret...being over here and missing those matches ranks right up there on top!

Save us a spot at Comin'At'Cha. I don't know if we can register within the proper time frame but we should be home by then.

Charlie

I have been asked many times if we could hold some Long Range side matches so YES WE CAN. Dennis (range manager at TWSC) made us a long range shooting area , right next to the cowboy range , that will have up to 200 yards for a long range side match . Break out the big smoke poles.

Back 40 has a great WILD BUNCH match planned for us to warm up for the STATE WILD BUNCH MATCH a few weeks later.( more details to come on that)

We will be offering a shoot thru possee on SATURDAY for anyone that can not make it on FRIDAY so come on play Iron Man and shoot 10 stages in one day.

The Midwest Classic will be an ALL INCLUSIVE match including all sidematches, lunch and a party on Friday ,lunch and a banquet on Saturday.

Back 40 is working on some awsome raffle prizes for his raffle on Saturday night and ALL proceds will go to range improvements on the COWBOY range.

NOW FOR THE U.S. OPEN

The U.S. OPEN will now be part of the WESTERN EXTRAVAGANZA!! we are putting together for that weekend.

I met with the promoter yesterday and The World Shooting Shooting Complex will be hosting a World class Bar B Q ( I think it was a Pit Masters ) competition on Friday and Saturday .

We aksed what goes better with Cowboys and Food and the answer seemd to be RODEO !! ( it was really alcohol but thats covered)

SOOO!! There will be a Professional Rodeo happening on Friday and Saturday ALSO.

SOO!!! Saturday night will host a Top Country Artist Concert in the Rodeo Arena. (artist will be named later but rumor is Luke Bryan )

The rodeo and concert will be hosted by a promoter so there will be an cost involved for tickets to the events but I have a secured a discounted rate for anyone shooting the match more details on that in a few days ( I am still beating him up on price)

We have a few more big items we are working on but will not say untill we have a for sure and certain they will happen.

This EXTRAVAGANZA will draw thousands of spectactors to the range so we can strut our stuff to so many new faces and expose them to the great world of COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING . We can go to the rodeo and show how they should be dressed also.HA HA

SEE YA AT SPARTA

MOSE

Was already going to attend two parts of the triple crown and you folks convinced me to go to all three; waiting to find out how to enter other two events and get the proper entry fees adjusted. Sounds like a lot of good shooting this year.

Ugly!!!!!!! Glad to have ya on board for all 3! Ya gonna get those pards of yours, Dry Fire and Turkey Legs to do them all? You wont regret making the trip to Texas! See you in Sparta my friend!

By the way Ugly, how is the new hip doin? Keep it serviced, lots of grease, it should serve you well! Ol Short got his new hip last year, and just a couple months later won senior at Winter Range! Two Sons said he had the Dr. put a grease zirt on his!

Doc...There are several of us from this neck of the woods dooin the Triple Crown. Does Triple Crown mean that there will be 3X the Crown?......See ya in Sparta.....Bandit

NOW FOR THE U.S. OPEN

SEE YA AT SPARTA

MOSE

Mose , T-Bone & Back 40,

What ever I can do to help, all you have to do is call. I will be glad to pitch in how ever I can. Looking forward to all three shoots :angry:

Doc Eells,

Is it time to start yet!!!! ;)

Your Pal,

Slick

By the way Ugly, how is the new hip doin? Keep it serviced, lots of grease, it should serve you well! Ol Short got his new hip last year, and just a couple months later won senior at Winter Range! Two Sons said he had the Dr. put a grease zirt on his!

Hey Doc, still some small issues with the hip but I try to keep it lubricated, not with grease though. And, besides, with my lubrication, I don't care too much how the shooting goes. Looking forward to seeing you all summer long at the various shoots. Take care of yourself. See ya soon.

Some of our group still have to work so all of the shoots can't be attended by everyone but, most of us from up north are planning on being there.

Mose , T-Bone & Back 40,

What ever I can do to help, all you have to do is call. I will be glad to pitch in how ever I can. Looking forward to all three shoots :FlagAm:

Doc Eells,

Is it time to start yet!!!! :D

Your Pal,

Slick

Hey Slick, I could use your help with the WB Match!!!!!!!!!!!

You and T Bone finally letting the cat outta the bag so to speak that you guys are really long lost twin brothers separated at birth and by the grace of God reunited through Cowboy shooting?

Hey Snakebite,

I'm confused. I thought Short 40 was Chinaman's long lost twin brother.

D.S. ;)

Archived