SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun for Sale, Cresent 16 ga shotgun

I have the following shotguns for sale. I will be posting pictures later or you can request them by emailing maddog5672@yahoo.com or posting an email adress on the wire.

The third one I picked up a couple of months a in a trade and don't know much about it and I have not had time to shoot it. It may fire both barrels at once according to the guy I got it from as he told me he took it apart to clean it and it did that once after he put it back together. My bet is he did not put it together right but I just have not had the time to check it out. It is a Crescent Firearms Company, Norwich, Conn; No.60 Empire Hammerless shotgun. It is a 16 ga and it has 28 inch barrels. The wood is ok, I did not find any cracks, and the metal is ok but most of the blue is gone on the receiver and the barrels still have some. It appears to just be an old shotgun and looking at the screws I bet the guy did not put it together quite right. I am asking $175.00 for this one.

If you have a 20ga shotgun I would look to trade on this one or if you have some you want to trade let me know and we can talk.

Thanks Fer Looking.

<_<:lol: Maddog McCoy :angry::angry:

OK, I hope this works. I posted pictures on Photo bucket and the password is SASSGUNS.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/MaddogMcCoy/

if this does not work let me know. Thanks

Hello Maddog;

I send you a pm with an offer on the W. H. Davenport.

Thanks,

Sourdough Joe

I have the following shotguns for sale. I will be posting pictures later or you can request them by emailing maddog5672@yahoo.com or posting an email adress on the wire.

Winchester 1897 pump Shotgun. 16 ga. Takedown. Serial Number 3651XX. I have had this shotgun for a long time and just don't use it that much. I shipped it to a gunsmith and I had him check the barrel and ream it to make sure it would work correctly and I had him put a new set of wood from Winchester on it. It is a bit on the stiff side as it has not had an action job on it and it works fine. The bluing on one side is nice and the other side it is not. The barrel is marked Full and it is a 26 inch barrel. I am asking $550.00 for it.

The second one is a W. H. Davenport Shotgun, Model: King Nitro that was manufactured for Shapleigh Hardware Company in St Louis MO. This is an External Hammer Double barrel Shotgun in 16ga with steel barrels measuring 28 and 1/2 inches. (They do not look cut off, but I don't know or somebody did a really good job a long time ago) the wood is very good and has a nice old look to it with no cracks and the metal has turned a nice brown color and it is a good solid shotgun. The barrels are about a 1/4 inch thick at the breach and it locks up very tight and I can open it with my little finger and it is smooth and opens nice and wide to get the shells in it. I won a cowboy trap match once with this shotgun and it was the first shotgun I bought for cowboy shooting. I am asking $550.00 for it

The third one I picked up a couple of months a in a trade and don't know much about it and I have not had time to shoot it. It may fire both barrels at once according to the guy I got it from as he told me he took it apart to clean it and it did that once after he put it back together. My bet is he did not put it together right but I just have not had the time to check it out. It is a Crescent Firearms Company, Norwich, Conn; No.60 Empire Hammerless shotgun. It is a 16 ga and it has 28 inch barrels. The wood is ok, I did not find any cracks, and the metal is ok but most of the blue is gone on the receiver and the barrels still have some. It appears to just be an old shotgun and looking at the screws I bet the guy did not put it together quite right. I am asking $250 for this one.

I would make a package deal on them if somebody wanted all three shotguns. I am not really looking for trades on these but I will listen to any and all offers for them, the worse I may say is no thank you (or laugh behind your back, Wait a sec, I meant laugh in your face, I like to take credit for what I do). I can do face to face transfer in IL if you have a FOID card and I will be down in Southern IL for the next 3 weekends and up here in the north part during the week.

Thanks Fer Looking.

;):wacko: Maddog McCoy :wacko::)

Hello Maddog;

I got the photos and the shotgun is a Davenport design, however it was made by Hopkins and Allen after they bought the company from Davenport's widow. Probably made about 1908 to 1915. I do want the shotgun and will send you the purchase price we agreed on and a copy of my dealers FFL.

Thanks,

Sourdough Joe

Lower Prices on Double barrels shotguns

W.H.Davenport. Was $550.00 now $475.00

Cresent. Was $250.00 now $200.00

Archived