SASS Wire Forum

Has this board gone commercial?

I seemed to have stirred up the pot! Pards, I didn't mean to suggest that there aren't some very reputable sellers and some great deals to be had on the wire. Hell, I've sold a set of guns here, and as somebody suggested, I was sure they were worth a small gold mine, 'cause after all, they was mine! But we negotiated a price we were both happy with.

What really triggered my post in the first place was a couple of posts that were along the lines, "2 NIB ..., a slightly used ..., pair used...,

all at prices I thought were considerably marked up, and expensive shipping. It just didn't feel like a cowboy trying to sell off some personal gear. I'm for a profit as much or more than the next guy, I was just surprised to see that kind of marketing.

And with that, I'll shut up. Appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

Shoot Fast. Don't Miss. Any Questions?

I seemed to have stirred up the pot! Pards, I didn't mean to suggest that there aren't some very reputable sellers and some great deals to be had on the wire. Hell, I've sold a set of guns here, and as somebody suggested, I was sure they were worth a small gold mine, 'cause after all, they was mine! But we negotiated a price we were both happy with.

What really triggered my post in the first place was a couple of posts that were along the lines, "2 NIB ..., a slightly used ..., pair used...,

all at prices I thought were considerably marked up, and expensive shipping. It just didn't feel like a cowboy trying to sell off some personal gear. I'm for a profit as much or more than the next guy, I was just surprised to see that kind of marketing.

And with that, I'll shut up. Appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

Shoot Fast. Don't Miss. Any Questions?

I mitta missed the point-

I figgered at first look you waz talkin bout a few that seems to make a dern livin sellin stuff here- Only time you see'em is when they sellin sumthin :angry:

I do see wat you talkin bout now, yes they are sum who think we is country :FlagAm:

BUT the gud honest Pards passin on deals on stuff we need 'n want out number them :unsure:

I'm here ever day lookin fer such Pards :FlagAm:

"all at prices I thought were considerably marked up." That's what you thought. However, one man's junk often another man's treasure. If the price is to high, it won't sell.

Just browsing through the gear for sale, I have to wonder if this forum is mostly commerical. I thought we were originally trying to help each other out, getting rid of stuff we no longed needed, and finding a way to build up the gear we need to participate.

But I'm seeing posting for guns (and other gear) that are hundreds of dollars over the price for NIB guns from GunBroker and other commercial outlets. I just purchased a NIB, consecutive s/n set of rugers on Gunbroker, and I see similar items here for $200+ more, and double the shipping costs.

We're sure not helping each other out with this kind of pricing, pards. Tells me we got folks looking to make a hefty profit off each other. If you're chasing the bucks, go to a commercial advertising site.

Pards, if yer lookin' to buy, check out the going rates before you buy off here!

Just my opinion...

I couldn't agree with you more. Some of the prices these "pards" are askin are outrageous. If I'm really interested in something I give them an equally outrageous offer. :FlagAm:

I haven't sold much here, just extra stuff when I switched calibers or an extra odd or end. I've bought a few things as well.

What I have listed without fail I have gotten lower than asking price offers via PM. Most often than not you work out a deal somewhere in the middle. So I don't think it's unreasonalbe at all to bump your asking price on this board. There is almost always a little dickering and horse trading and a few back and forth emails to be had before a deal is done.

Children, children,

If an add catches your eye and your willing to pay the price then "Buy it"!

If you think it is to expensive then hit the back button and move on.

Yes, its truly just that simple ;)

Slick

Has the Wire gone commercial?

Why? Did someone see a GEICO add?

Archived