SASS Wire Forum

"Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" - book for sale--SOLD

Howdy, have a nice book for sale.

"Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee"

An Indian history of the American West

by Dee Brown

"Traditional texts glory in our nation's western expansion, the great conquest of the virgin frontier. But how did the original Americans-the Dakota, Nez perce, Utes, Poncas, Cheyennne, Navaho, Apache, and others-feel about the coming of the white man, the expropriation of their land, the destruction of their way of life? What happened to Geronimo, Chief Joseph, Cochise, Red Cloud, Little Wolf,and Sitting Bull as their people were killed or drivenonto reservations during decades of broken promises, oppression, and war?

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee is a documented account of the systematic plunder of the American Indians during the second half of the nineteenth century, battle by battle, massacre by massacre, broken treaty by broken treaty. Here for the first time is their side of the story. We can see their faces, hear their voices as they tried desperately to live in peace and harmony with the white man.

With forty-nine photographs of the great chiefs, their wives and warriors; with the words of the Indians themselves, culled from testimonies and transcripts and previously unpublished writings; with a straight-forward, eloquent, and epic style Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee presents a unique and disturbing history of the American West from the Indian point of view."

copyright 1970

eight printing, June 1971

6 1/2" x 9 1/2" tall

487 pages

book is in near excellent condition

NO dust jacket

$15.00 shipped to you(media rate) in the U.S.A.

SOLD to Pinto Being

Please post here on the wire if you are interested or need more info.

Thanks for look'n.

Archived