SASS Wire Forum

Attention All Classic Cowboys….

Brother King, SASS #69031

The Classic Cowboy Shootist award is open to ANNUAL and above.

T-Bone Dooley has been awarded the “2010 Classic Cowboy Shootist”. Who will be the Classic Cowboy Shootist of 2011? To be eligible you must shoot the Classic Cowboy category at ANNUAL and above for the year 2011. You do not have to win 1st place. Last place or any place will be eligible. You just have to be “willin”.

The committee is now accepting nominations from any SASS member whether the nomination is from a Classic Cowboy shooter or any shooter in any category. Any shooter may PM any of the Board of Directors or post them here.

Those members of the Board are: Brother King- Chairman, Texas Ghost- Vice Chairman, Dragon Hill Dave- Treasurer, Vance Montana-Awards, Needmore Gunz, T-Bone Dooley, Cowhand.

EDIT: What the Board is looking for is a personal written statement, in 25 words (more or less) why your nominee should get the Award. This statement should be PM'ed to one of the Board members so that the Board can save and share the statement with each other. When the time comes to select the 2011 Shootist, the Board will meet and decide the winner based on the statements of fact. More than one person or club can submit a statement on a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl to the Board for consideration. Texas Ghost, Vice Chairman

Feel free to post any questions as well.

Brother King

I'll second that nomination for Letort! He's an excellent competitor and he has offered me MUCH advice in my shooting as a Classic Cowgirl - a true example of the cowboy way for sure.

Hello to Querida, Hired Gun, Black Hills Barb, and All:

We really appreciate your comments and recommendations, on the Wire, for the Award. Please continue. But what the Board is looking for is a personal written statement, in 25 words (more or less) why your nominee should get the Award. This statement should be PM'ed to one of the Board members so that the Board can save and share the statement with each other. When the time comes to select the 2011 Shootist, the Board will meet and decide the winner based on the statements of fact. More than one person or club can submit a statement on a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl to the Board for consideration.

Again, we appreciate all of your comments.

Ghost

What about the Classic Cowgirls?????????????????????????? :lol:

Us Classic Cowboys would be NOTHING without you Classic Cowgirls! <_< Of course you're included! AND, if one of you are selected, I garrantee that the Buckle will say "2011 Classic Cowgirl Shootist Award". :angry:

Ghost

(Who loves "Classic Cowboy" and Classic Cowgirls :angry: )

Well, if we're talking Classic Cowgirls, then in my mind there is only one....

Jinglebob Gerri

That's a good start, Grizzer... that's two words... only 23 more to go! <_< You can do it!

My vote goes to Lefty Henderson. He puts the word “Classic” in Classic Cowboy

http://www.goldfieldgunfighters.com/gunfig...tyhenderson.htm

I will follow up with a 25 word essay.

Swiss

Hey Kid, So good to hear from ya. Lefty is certainly a good candidate!

Ghost

So many good Classic Cowgirls out there.......I better not name off any in fear I'll leave some pretty little filly out..... If you dress lick Sharon Stone and shoot 45 Long Colt ----You have my vote.. If your single you get two votes.....If your a good cook-- 3 votes....Retired -4 votes....nice set of guns--5 votes.... Always happy with a smile--6 votes and a phone call... Sorry I got off track....... Ya'll send in your Fav Classic shooter nomination....I still think it ought to be a Cowgirl !!!!!!!! T-Bone

With your nomination then the committee will have a place to start. So be sure to embellish (tell a tall tale if you're from Texas). Like maybe a story about how this cowgirl or cowboy may or may not finish at the top of the pile, but has done X, Y and Z as a fine example for other shooters.

Have fun.. .They're your friends!

Good Monday morning to every one. There's a lot of bad news out there, but here is a little good news. The "2011 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award" program is moving foreward! We are having good responses from many who love this great sport we're in. We, as CAS, need to stay focused as patriots of this Great Nation, The United States of America. :wub:

I did a short presentation about our award program to my home club this past weekend. I got one response that I wasn't expecting. "Can you (Ghost) move to "Senior Duelest"? And then I can win Classic Cowboy." :lol: Well, I sometimes feel the same way going up against T-Bone. :unsure: I explained that you do not have to be #1 in the category to qualify for the "Classic Cowboy Shootist Award", ya just have ta be"willin'".

Ghost

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your nominations so far. Many of them have been very thoughtful. We've received a few great suggestions and words of kind encouragement as well.

After further review the 7 board members of the Classic Cowboy Shootist Award have determined that the qualification should be revised to include any Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl for 2011 who is shooting Annual Matches or above. The change from State or higher to qualify a shooter for consideration has been modified effective immediately. The board's ruling is to enable those Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl shooters who may be very active at the local club level but may not travel to matches.

Again, Annual Match or higher will qualify a shooter shooting Classic Cowboy, for the “2011 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award”.

Thanks again for your suggestions, concerns and nominations. Keep 'em coming!

Brother King

Chairman

The Classic Cowboy Shootist award is open to ANNUAL and above.

T-Bone Dooley has been awarded the “2010 Classic Cowboy Shootist”. Who will be the Classic Cowboy Shootist of 2011? To be eligible you must shoot the Classic Cowboy category at ANNUAL and above for the year 2011. You do not have to win 1st place. Last place or any place will be eligible. You just have to be “willin”.

The committee is now accepting nominations from any SASS member whether the nomination is from a Classic Cowboy shooter or any shooter in any category. Any shooter may PM any of the Board of Directors or post them here.

Those members of the Board are: Brother King- Chairman, Texas Ghost- Vice Chairman, Dragon Hill Dave- Treasurer, Vance Montana-Awards, Needmore Gunz, T-Bone Dooley, Cowhand.

EDIT: What the Board is looking for is a personal written statement, in 25 words (more or less) why your nominee should get the Award. This statement should be PM'ed to one of the Board members so that the Board can save and share the statement with each other. When the time comes to select the 2011 Shootist, the Board will meet and decide the winner based on the statements of fact. More than one person or club can submit a statement on a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl to the Board for consideration. Texas Ghost, Vice Chairman

Feel free to post any questions as well.

Brother King

Thanks Brother King for the up-date announcing that Annual Club Matches are now included for Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls to be eligible for the "2011 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award". I am excited to see some good positive actions taking place in our game. :) I believe it will be good to highlite some good things our Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls are doing for the sport. :FlagAm:

Ghost

Archived