SASS Wire Forum

Megs... Allies... Cupcakes.. new costume ideas...

Deja Vous

Megs, Allies Cupcakes, lol the summers are hotter here they tell me.. and I am being told that my corsets may not make the whole summer? So, I was considering going native for the summer... then I considered wearing shorter skirts, or pantaloons.. Truth is we have a newbie here... Helen.. and I am sure she could use the advice too.. So... What can ya wear in the heat of the desert? ice cubes works in MO tossing them down the front of my corset, but I know know about here.. does it work, or do you cally a fan? lol

If you find a good source for cute bloomers let me know.

But will I be brave enough to wear them out in public? lol... Megs made the cutest set...

I didn't know that you had a short skirt, Grizz.

Do you have a corset too?

:rolleyes:

Deja apparently does, too.

Gosh, Brother bmcs.. I wonder if Grizzes has a color picked out too? lol

Seriously, if I can be serious, something like THIS works well for me here in dry Colorado. I expect they might not work as well in more humid climates. The one I have has little beads sewn into it, that plump up when soaked in water. I carry a zip lock baggie with ice water in my cart to refresh it from time to time.

Seriously, if I can be serious, something like THIS works well for me here in dry Colorado. I expect they might not work as well in more humid climates. The one I have has little beads sewn into it, that plump up when soaked in water. I carry a zip lock baggie with ice water in my cart to refresh it from time to time.

A serious moment? loll... Okay fine.. lol... I have seen those but I have not tried them. I did try ice cubes in MO and it did work... so that is my plan for now..

I've always thought women looked best in their Birthday suits. It's period correct, attractive, as cool as you can be in the summer heat and sunscreen neither stains or detracts from its appearance.

I'm just sayin'

Bugs

I've always thought women looked best in their Birthday suits. It's period correct, attractive, as cool as you can be in the summer heat and sunscreen neither stains or detracts from its appearance.

I'm just sayin'

Bugs

and hot brass doesn't get stuck in any inconvenient garments.

Hi Dejas,

I've seen Victorian Bathing Suits or bloomers and either short sleeve or sleeveless tops. I usually wear long sleeves and skirts year round. In the summer, I wear cotton. In the winter, I wear suede and add a vest.

As small as you are, you can find bloomers, camis, and skirts on sale at Wild West Merchantile. I just checked yesterday and almost all of their sale items were S or XS.

Regards,

Allies

Hi Dejas,

I've seen Victorian Bathing Suits or bloomers and either short sleeve or sleeveless tops. I usually wear long sleeves and skirts year round. In the summer, I wear cotton. In the winter, I wear suede and add a vest.

As small as you are, you can find bloomers, camis, and skirts on sale at Wild West Merchantile. I just checked yesterday and almost all of their sale items were S or XS.

Regards,

Allies

Dare I put a photo of me modeling a... No, No. ?? :wub:

Wimpy

I'm just sayin'

Bugs

Always period correct and in tasted, huh Bugs.. lol.

Deja, if you get any of the bloomers, cami's and what ever Allie is talking about, we need pictures ASAP, Allie if you have any pics of you these outfits, we need pics also ASAP, I'll admit it, I'm a dirty old man and proud of it, maybe I shouldn't say that, oh well, too late LOL

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. I forgot, Meg we need one of you also, didn't want to leave out a fellow Iowan

Hey Deja and all

I have found bloomers are very comfortable in the summer with a camisole and a corset. To avoid the flying brass I do always wear a hat and that seems to pretty much take care of that issue. I have been making my bloomers.. I believe it is a McCall's pattern. in the costume section.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

check with Ruthless Ruthie, she has made several bloomers outfits with lace tops for the hot weather.

Hey Deja and all

I have found bloomers are very comfortable in the summer with a camisole and a corset. To avoid the flying brass I do always wear a hat and that seems to pretty much take care of that issue. I have been making my bloomers.. I believe it is a McCall's pattern. in the costume section.

See JD/s Megs is a PRO.. lol... I asked about patterns once before and had one shipped to me.. uh..... okay.. it is Ladies Victorian Underwear with Corset, Chemese and Drawers.. lol I was uh ... uh.. surprised and quickly learned that people are just nice, huh? lol... or they want to see ya in your undies.. not sure which? loll. But it does not include the longer style bloomers... but rather the uh.. shorter can can kinda style if ya get my drift.. lol.. So I will be shopping for the McCalls now.. but I might take on a corset someday... if I ever find enough time .. lol.. For some reason when your single you seem to fill your nights and days will functions... lol.. And sitting around sewing happens when you HAVE to have a new outfit or else.. lol.. I get a lot less stuff done at home, and a lot more visiting, running around, and looking for someone that will listen to me talk now days.. lol..

Deja, if you get any of the bloomers, cami's and what ever Allie is talking about, we need pictures ASAP, Allie if you have any pics of you these outfits, we need pics also ASAP, I'll admit it, I'm a dirty old man and proud of it, maybe I shouldn't say that, oh well, too late LOL

All for now JD Trampas

P.S. I forgot, Meg we need one of you also, didn't want to leave out a fellow Iowan

Oh, my JD... you do take pride in your posts, huh? lol.. You are too funny..

check with Ruthless Ruthie, she has made several bloomers outfits with lace tops for the hot weather.

Ruthless Ruthie... k.... hmmmm??

See JD/s Megs is a PRO.. lol... I asked about patterns once before and had one shipped to me.. uh..... okay.. it is Ladies Victorian Underwear with Corset, Chemese and Drawers.. lol I was uh ... uh.. surprised and quickly learned that people are just nice, huh? lol... or they want to see ya in your undies.. not sure which? loll. But it does not include the longer style bloomers... but rather the uh.. shorter can can kinda style if ya get my drift.. lol.. So I will be shopping for the McCalls now.. but I might take on a corset someday... if I ever find enough time .. lol.. For some reason when your single you seem to fill your nights and days will functions... lol.. And sitting around sewing happens when you HAVE to have a new outfit or else.. lol.. I get a lot less stuff done at home, and a lot more visiting, running around, and looking for someone that will listen to me talk now days.. lol..

We are a bunch of dirty old men, we just want to see all you good lookin wimmen here in your undies or less. <_<

Coming soon The Women of SASS 2012 Foldout Calendar of Bloomers, beach wear, and corsets.. lol

Sorry I been gone for so long guys

I have been in bad shape for a while I had a heart aneursym Sept 7 and threw a clot into my kidney and shut them down so i was on life support for 11 days and in intensive care for 21 days.

I been back in and out of the hospital 3 times since and have lost 78 lbs

and have been at death's door for several months

I am doing better now since they got my meds regulated

I can never work again and have been trying to get things in place so I can pay my bills and have some kind of income.

trouble is when the ladies wear all that skimpy stuff to keep cool it causes us guys to heat up and we cant wear skimpy stuff so they get cool and we get hot

not a very fair deal to me especially since I am not allowed to let my blood pressure go up any at all

Sorry I been gone for so long guys

I have been in bad shape for a while I had a heart aneursym Sept 7 and threw a clot into my kidney and shut them down so i was on life support for 11 days and in intensive care for 21 days.

I been back in and out of the hospital 3 times since and have lost 78 lbs

and have been at death's door for several months

I am doing better now since they got my meds regulated

I can never work again and have been trying to get things in place so I can pay my bills and have some kind of income.

trouble is when the ladies wear all that skimpy stuff to keep cool it causes us guys to heat up and we cant wear skimpy stuff so they get cool and we get hot

not a very fair deal to me especially since I am not allowed to let my blood pressure go up any at all

Well, Ikes I am real sorry about that and I will offer to toss a bucket of ice on ya this summer if I happen to see you out shooting and you look "hot".. lol..

Seriously, I am sorry you have been sick and it is nice to see ya back. You need to really watch that BP now, they should give you a cuff of your own to keep track of it. Some areas there are volunteers in community centers at hospitals that will check it for ya too. I have a cuff, I would do it for ya if you lived close by... Someone will, you just need to ask... Please get better....

A serious moment? loll... Okay fine.. lol... I have seen those but I have not tried them. I did try ice cubes in MO and it did work... so that is my plan for now..

Those neck ties with cristals work

CCBA

Megs, Allies Cupcakes, lol the summers are hotter here they tell me.. and I am being told that my corsets may not make the whole summer? So, I was considering going native for the summer... then I considered wearing shorter skirts, or pantaloons.. Truth is we have a newbie here... Helen.. and I am sure she could use the advice too.. So... What can ya wear in the heat of the desert? ice cubes works in MO tossing them down the front of my corset, but I know know about here.. does it work, or do you cally a fan? lol

Deja I can tell u the cooler shirt by J. Hornady works here in + 100 degree heat I even wear them playing golf.

might be (Hornaday)

CCBA

Deja I can tell u the cooler shirt by J. Hornady works here in + 100 degree heat I even wear them playing golf.

might be (Hornaday)

CCBA

Ah... Calhoons will it hide my corset? lol

Archived