SASS Wire Forum

Why I work for a living..

Deja Vous

Because no one else will, including RAT DOG.. and then I can complain.. lol

I have been pretty busy with that and friends lately! Which is a good thing... But today I was called aside and told I put in too many hours, and I can not take stuff home anymore... and I have to cut back in the time I give to the company here in CA I guess that could result in a problem for my employer if I should ever decided to sue them for OT hours... Being a TEAM leader not a Manager I guess they can't do what they are doing.. crumb.. now I will simply worry about what I forgot to do.. lol Now this means cutting back on day time postings on SASS and doing it more at night I guess. The problem is what do you do while your waiting for pages to load at work?

In the past I could wait for stuff while I played and if I didnt' get it all in time, then I could take it home with me at 5:30 ior 6... I got in at 7 or 7:30 and I do not need a lunch hour, so I guess the problem is the system logs your time even if you don't... I guess it is a good thing, I have taxes to start doing, and things I have promised to do and have not done yet .... But I just wanted to whine.. lol

Madam, Do you need some cheese with that whine.

All I have to do is listen to my idiot bass tell me why I don't need a tool that would cut my work in half.

Russ

LOL... I have cheese, and whine... and a drop of Merlot that I might be in to later tonight just cuz I need something to calm me.. lol... I hate being told that I can't work over when I need to. And he reason why is I will be the one that will be punished in the end for the lack of performance with my team. So, a bit of R&R, bills to pay, a BBath that helps to slow me too, and then a 1/4 wine and back to the board after calling friends.. If I can't work OT I will need to formulate a plan, and I will do that... I always figure out a way..

Because you are a responsible individual and you like pay your bills and eat?

Well DocDs... I can pay my bills and not work... I still have checks left in my check book so there has to be money in there, right? lol.

Also, the same computer program that logs your 'time' on,

Also keeps track of each 'web-site' you visited~ :rolleyes:

So, make sure it's all work related or they can jump on ya' for thet too.

They don't much care about the sites I visit.. lol... As long as my department keeps doing its job I am fine.. But it could matter now...

Now aint dat somethin' !!!!

Deja gits chewed out fer workin' overtime.....

I git chewed out fer workin 1 hour overtime and threatin' to be fired !!! :FlagAm:

Can't figger dis'in out !! :rolleyes:

Now aint dat somethin' !!!!

Deja gits chewed out fer workin' overtime.....

I git chewed out fer workin 1 hour overtime and threatin' to be fired !!! :FlagAm:

Can't figger dis'in out !! :rolleyes:

They didn't chew me out, they just told me now that I am in CA I can't do this.... lol... So, I will find a way around it.. just give me a night to ponder this mess.. lol It costs them nothing, yet I guess that is the point, they should be paying me the OT... hmmm oh, well... I was doing it cuz I wanted to.. not for the extra pay.. geesh... I love the bank I work for, if they are successful I will be too.. so I really don't mind.. But I will get a handle on this by tomorrow..

Well, don't like my job, BUT... need ti to pay them bills, lay in supplies.....just da little things ....

I want to do my part to help'em git ahead of da pack, so to speak...

Others there git overtime, some git as much as dey want.

Dats what I can't figger, why dey can and I can not. :rolleyes:

They didn't chew me out, they just told me now that I am in CA I can't do this.... lol... So, I will find a way around it.. just give me a night to ponder this mess.. lol It costs them nothing, yet I guess that is the point, they should be paying me the OT... hmmm oh, well... I was doing it cuz I wanted to.. not for the extra pay.. geesh... I love the bank I work for, if they are successful I will be too.. so I really don't mind.. But I will get a handle on this by tomorrow..

Aren't you a salaried employee?

If you are a salaried employee you should be excempt from the OT requirement.

Salaried employees are considered excempt because they have to pay a minimum salary amount then ya can work all ya want.....

JJJ-D

:rolleyes::FlagAm:

Aren't you a salaried employee?

If you are a salaried employee you should be excempt from the OT requirement.

Salaried employees are considered excempt because they have to pay a minimum salary amount then ya can work all ya want.....

JJJ-D

:rolleyes::FlagAm:

Salaried but not exempt, because I am on a bonus, and I am not listed as management. I guess to sum it up they thought they could do it, but upon reading CA law, they can't unless they re-classify me as management. Pretty stupid, but the bank is midwestern and they are learning CA laws everyday I guess. Doesn't matter, I will find a way around it anyhow. Which means I will loose my VPN...

Salaried but not exempt, because I am on a bonus, and I am not listed as management. I guess to sum it up they thought they could do it, but upon reading CA law, they can't unless they re-classify me as management. Pretty stupid, but the bank is midwestern and they are learning CA laws everyday I guess. Doesn't matter, I will find a way around it anyhow. Which means I will loose my VPN...

Welcome to California were the state motto is "Sue the bastard"....Just last week had to have the talk with my guys about working past normal working hours...that they cannot put in any extra time on there own....you see here in CA a person can put in extra hours on there own for a year then file with the labor board and get back OT pay for that time and I have seen were you have a bunch that put in a little extra everyday and never once think of filing a claim...then one day one person files a claim then the labor board sends out a questioner to all the other employees asking if they have ever worked hours that they did not get paid for ...it can be a very nasty snowball for an employer....I am also Salaried but not exempt but being the boss I get to work early to open up and leave late to close and work through most of my lunch.. my choice I do not practice what I preach.

I think I can kill two birds with one shot here.. lol.... I have a plan and I am pretty sure I will get my way... I guess I just have to protect my employer a bit harder is all..

I have the opposit problem. A short day for me is nine hours. I'm an hourly employee and don't get paid overtime until I work over 50 hours a week. I'd love to have an 8 hour day or get overtime for the eight to ten hours a week I work over 40 hours. Missouri state law requires overtime for anything over 40 hours but the Federal Transportation act allows drivers to work 50 brfore overtime pay is required. So, the company used the Federal law to trump the state law and the states attorny and the labor relations board have informed me that it is legal for them to do this. I hate getting screwed by my employer but it's a job and I can't find anyone that will hire a 63 year old man so I simply have to put up with it.

Bugs

Yep,

I find it mighty interesting that there is no longer any loyalty to an employee, but every company expects loyalty from them. I got laid off just before Christmas from a firm I worked for for 5 years. I have been hired by another firm but I'm still fairly bitter over giving my loyalty to these @%$*! and wasting 5 years of my life.

On another note, my wife became part of a class-action suit over non-payment of overtime here in Kansas. Her lawyer got them an excellent settlement. So I can understand a firm being careful about overtime.

Shakey

Deja, your bank should be happy they have you, yer really "ridin for the brand". Reading all your guys and gals troubles at work makes me real happy I'm self employed. Self employements not for everyone and it has it's drawbacks but in the end I make the rules and hours.

Did I mention I love my boss? :wub:

I live in California and my union did its best whine and brought it to the Labor Relations Board and they agreed that for the last four years and onward we were actually "on duty" during our lunches. So the company owes each of us (200 member department) 1/2 hour of overtime for every day worked and 1/2 hour of double time for every day that we had worked a 12 hour shift. Not only that, the LRB was so ticked off with the company that they charged them penalty hours. So in addition to the above pay, for every day worked the company owes each of us one hour of straight time penalty pay. These "fees" allow the LRB to charge their own penalties to the company to collect for their own use to keep the LRB afloat. Pretty funny how all of this works. I was put out on Disability about half way through the thing but my tally ended up being over 50 grand so the company is defiantly balking about the whole situation. Kind of a hard pill to swallow. Smithy.

I believe in Henry Fords idea about paying worker enough so they can afford to buy your products. So I agree that if you don't pay people enough you ruin your own economy. With that said, I believe workers need to be loyal, we need to be treated with loyalty too. I find it sad it has gone away in a lot of cases. So far the bank has treated me like family, I and treat them like my family. When times are tough, I give a little, when times are good they will give a little. I am concerned about the attitude that the economy is the fault of someone else, not the mistakes we have ALL made in the past. As long as we learn from them, life goes on..

Deja, your bank should be happy they have you, yer really "ridin for the brand". Reading all your guys and gals troubles at work makes me real happy I'm self employed. Self employements not for everyone and it has it's drawbacks but in the end I make the rules and hours.

Did I mention I love my boss? B)

It's a good thing somebody likes your boss, Rye. B)

It's a good thing somebody likes your boss, Rye. <_<

Are you sayin............. :lol:

If a person dislikes their boss enough, they can get a new boss. An employee can fire a boss just as fast as a boss can fire an employee. Johnny Paycheck sang a song about it.

I'm just sayin', nobody starves to death in America unless they want to...

J-Bar (who, fortunately, has a good boss at this time, but who has fired bosses from time to time...)

Did I mention I love my boss? :angry:

I agree !! I had my own company fer a long spell. I like bein' da boss ! :FlagAm:

Yup!!!!!

Why Grumpy does this mean we're not friends?

Why, if we weren't friends I just don't think I could bear it :angry::FlagAm:

Why Grumpy does this mean we're not friends?

Why, if we weren't friends I just don't think I could bear it :angry::FlagAm:

Huuuum, I tank thems fightin' words..........

If a person dislikes their boss enough, they can get a new boss. An employee can fire a boss just as fast as a boss can fire an employee. Johnny Paycheck sang a song about it.

I'm just sayin', nobody starves to death in America unless they want to...

J-Bar (who, fortunately, has a good boss at this time, but who has fired bosses from time to time...)

Bad bosses? Lol.. I have had a few I guess.. but mostly I get along with anyone... but my very first job was for a Rootbeer place, I had a work permit so I could work a "real" job and stop training horses, working in the field, and mowing yards... loll.. So, Little country kid's second night I got fired. I took a tray of ice cream floats out to a car, and hung it on the window in small town USA... You have to understand I was not even 15 yet, a few months away. And I was not very tall yet ...lol.. I looked very young and very helpless, looks can fool.. lol So, the guys in the car looked old to me probably 30 lol... They were talking to me and smiling and I was talking and laughing as I handed them the change like I did with my pals. The guy grabbed my arm, and he would not let go.. I BEGGED him to let go, cuz I was a bit scared.. he would not, so I hit t he bottom of the try, and three rootbeer floats emptied into the lap of the driver.. lol.... Anyhow,, I ran for the building, and he followed me.. talked to the owner who demanded I tell them I was sorry.. and I would not cuz I was not sorry.. well I said I was sorry I had to do that.. lol.. So, I was fired.. That boss was so mean to me... lol.. After than nothing really all that bad .... I guess I have been lucky...

Huuuum, I tank thems fightin' words..........

Naw...I know Ol' Grumpy , I shoot with him, he's a good guy. I was jest funnin' is all :D

Naw...I know Ol' Grumpy , I shoot with him, he's a good guy. I was jest funnin' is all :wacko:

Oh heck Rye, I knowed dat.....GEEZH !!!!!!! :blink:

Oh Deja, did I just hi-jack yur thread ??!! :lol:

I was gainfully employed for 42 years. at least 20 of that with second and third jobs....

More if you figure that Reserve Duty was a job.......

Oh heck Rye, I knowed dat.....GEEZH !!!!!!! ;)

Oh Deja, did I just hi-jack yur thread ??!! :angry:

Who you hijack? lol... Oh, my no.... not you.. lol.... I count on it.. I think hijacking is the funniest thing.. lol

I was gainfully employed for 42 years. at least 20 of that with second and third jobs....

More if you figure that Reserve Duty was a job.......

Reserve duty a job? I would say it is a heck of a job.. thanks for being a marine... God blesses ya, and for sure I do...

Naw...I know Ol' Grumpy , I shoot with him, he's a good guy. I was jest funnin' is all ;)

Did ya say der dat you shoot "at him" or "wif him?" :D

Des old eyes aint so good sometimes ! :angry:

Archived